Oh dear God it's BLAKE AHEARN AGAIN!

bonwich

DE SMET JESUIT ANNOUNCES NEW BASKETBALL COACH - Blake Ahearn Returns to His Alma Mater

(Creve Coeur) – Kevin Roberts, athletic director for De Smet Jesuit High School, announced that Blake Ahearn (’03) will serve as the school’s new varsity basketball coach. He will also oversee all basketball operations, including summer camps (www.basketballonballas.com), effective immediately.

Ahearn earned his B.A. in Business Marketing from Missouri State University, during which time he became the all-time leading free throw shooter in the NCAA. The former NBA point guard played for the Miami Heat, the San Antonio Spurs and the Utah Jazz, with whom he played in the first round of the NBA playoffs. He also played professional basketball for teams in Spain, the Ukraine and China. At De Smet Jesuit, Ahearn was an all-metro player and, during his junior year, De Smet Jesuit finished second in the state tournament. He is currently coaching basketball at Clayton High School.

“I am excited to give back to students what De Smet Jesuit has given me,” said Ahearn. “These are the halls I walked and the courts on which I played in my formative years. I know what they stand for – the same things I stand for. I’m looking forward to helping young men develop their skills on and off the court to become ‘Men for Others’.”

Roberts said, “Our athletic programs are a part of how we help our young men grow into good leaders, good community members and good men. Alumni like Blake Ahearn excel on and off the court, and we are eager for him to share his commitment and dedication to those values.”

For any relative newbies to the board, the Blake Ahearn recruitment (or more precisely Soderberg's decision not to recruit him) is about as bad an f-up as we've ever had. People think Crews being late to offer Goodwin is bad, try having your coach tell a kid he isn't going to recruit him only for that kid to go to a rival school, average 13 a game for 4 years and later play a few games in the NBA.

For any relative newbies to the board, the Blake Ahearn recruitment (or more precisely Soderberg's decision not to recruit him) is about as bad an f-up as we've ever had. People think Crews being late to offer Goodwin is bad, try having your coach tell a kid he isn't going to recruit him only for that kid to go to a rival school, average 13 a game for 4 years and later play a few games in the NBA.

Don't forget that the player Soderberg recruited instead of Ahearn was referred to in an article as " some F-er from Minnesota", played relatively in effectively for 2 years, then transferred out.

Who knows? With 4 years of Ahearn, maybe Soderberg gets to another NIT or an NCAA and keeps his job longer.