Grandy Glaze

Wiz, I am guessing you rated the Ohio Valley about a D. So since we lost to 2 Ohio Valley schools at home, one beat us quite convincingly, maybe we could used Grandy for those 2 games.

Going back to his junior season, we lose the Vandy and GW games without Grandy. GG battled a major injury during his time here. When healthy he was a valuable rebounder. He took his year off to get healthy and performed very well this past season for a top 100 rpi team.

What's the purpose of this thread? To re-write history and now act like Grandy was a great and valuable player for our program? nominate Grandy for the Billiken Hall of Fame? to document that he was the best "energy" and "role player" in Billiken history? That we would have made the NCAA Tourney if only Grandy stayed? To say that a bad Grandy would have been better than a bad Jolly or Gillman? At the end of the day, and as Wiz points out, it doesn't and wouldn't matter.

While the talent level late in the RM era declined, it wasn't as awful as some have portrayed it - JC doesn't deserve that excuse. The team RM built bought JC time with two trips to the Dance and even with the talent drop off after JJ, DE and co. graduate... if JC had been able to keep Carter, McBroom and Glaze and just recruit at a normal level, there's no reason we couldn't have at least been a middle of the pack A-10 team these last couple of years, instead of a dumpster fire. The silver lining is that the JC era was so awful these past two years, that it made it easy to make a change. If JC had been able to settle into a level of mediocrity, he'd likely still be our coach right now.

What's the purpose of this thread? To re-write history and now act like Grandy was a great and valuable player for our program? nominate Grandy for the Billiken Hall of Fame? to document that he was the best "energy" and "role player" in Billiken history? That we would have made the NCAA Tourney if only Grandy stayed? To say that a bad Grandy would have been better than a bad Jolly or Gillman? At the end of the day, and as Wiz points out, it doesn't and wouldn't matter.

What's the purpose of this post?

People don't want to hear this Wiz. It is much easier to HATE than to rationally digest your information.

I don't really care since it truly does not matter, but many would disagree with the application of those "stats" in this specific case. He isn't normalizing their stats some how, but is saying Jolly too would be a star playing in those leagues. All Wiz did was lay out his grade for the leagues those guys played in compared to the A-10 which I don't think anyone would dispute that the A-10 is a much better league. McBroom and Glaze are much better players than Brett Jolly too though, so it is not surprising that they were able to have success in lesser leagues. Those guys at least belonged in the A-10 and have the ability to be lead players for lower mid-major level programs (both teams were better than SLU though with Grand Canyon #129, Eastern Washington #196, and SLU #235 in Pomeroy). Jolly does not. I doubt many dispute their production would be lower in the A-10, but they still would have been starting caliber players for SLU with production exceeding that of Jolly who shouldn't even see the court in the A-10.

Let's go the other way and have a Billikens.com Hall of Shame. Every player Billiken.com hated. Must no longer play for SLU. I nominate Austin McBroom as the inaugural inductee.

Let's go the other way and have a Billikens.com Hall of Shame. Every player Billiken.com hated. Must no longer play for SLU. I nominate Austin McBroom as the inaugural inductee.

Good choice for the inaugural inductee, we could probably talk him into coming to some ceremony (I propose Hump's for this) if we merely told him he was receiving an award.

Nobody is saying this at all. That is a false equivalence akin to the Izzo and Self comparisons that the STL media used when misrepresenting our coaching aspirations. There is no denying that Grandy would've helped us this past season...not that it would've mattered too much, his 'help' probably would've been negligible. An ex-Billiken who gave us 2 hard-working years won a national award...that's relevant here, especially given some of the irrelevant crap posted on this board.

I don't really care since it truly does not matter, but many would disagree with the application of those "stats" in this specific case. He isn't normalizing their stats some how, but is saying Jolly too would be a star playing in those leagues. All Wiz did was lay out his grade for the leagues those guys played in compared to the A-10 which I don't think anyone would dispute that the A-10 is a much better league. McBroom and Glaze are much better players than Brett Jolly too though, so it is not surprising that they were able to have success in lesser leagues. Those guys at least belonged in the A-10 and have the ability to be lead players for lower mid-major level programs (both teams were better than SLU though with Grand Canyon #129, Eastern Washington #196, and SLU #235 in Pomeroy). Jolly does not. I doubt many dispute their production would be lower in the A-10, but they still would have been starting caliber players for SLU with production exceeding that of Jolly who shouldn't even see the court in the A-10.

This is why I used the SW conf as an example. While the BS and WAC are both weak confs....anybody can be a "star " in the Southwestern conf (F- )

John Manning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone said if your aunt had ba_ls she might have been your uncle. The opposite is true, if your uncle did not have them maybe he might have been your aunt. If pigs had wings they would fly, but maybe not maybe they would be more like ostriches and run around flapping their little wings... And of course, the eternal speculation as to how many angels fit in the top of a pin. Or if you wish to make this stuff more current and more practical, how about selling reincarnation insurance to buddhists who do not want to be reincarnated as worms or cockroaches. You collect if you can prove you have been reincarnated as a worm. Sounds like a money maker to me, also it sounds like a trip to some kind of federal or state facility.

Hahaha. Another oldguy classic saves this trainwreck of a thread.

Congrats to Grandy. How anyone could get their panties in a bunch over some kind words for him winning transfer of the year is beyond me.

You couldn't have thought I was serious.... Could you?

Of course not. Jolly is the worst d1 player of all time. Fittingly recruited by the worst coaching staff of all time.

I would never in earnest loop you in with the Crews apologists.