Grandy Glaze

Saw the Tweet and wanted to share.

Angela Lento ‎@collegeinsider

Grand Canyon's Grandy Glaze is the 2016 Riley Wallace Award winner http://www.wallaceallamerica.com/

Grand Canyon lost the CIT Championship game but Glaze finished his career with a double-double.
I always liked his effort and enthusiasm. Good for him!

Grandy was part of the last NCAA run and gave the team quality minutes and lots of heart when he played. Great job Mr. Glaze best wishes on your future.

I never had all of the facts that on why Grandy transferred however the name Jim Crews comes to mind.

Grandy was part of the last NCAA run and gave the team quality minutes and lots of heart when he played. Great job Mr. Glaze best wishes on your future.

I never had all of the facts that on why Grandy transferred however the name Jim Crews comes to mind.

I guess we have different views on what "quality minutes" means. But yes, he tried hard. I'll leave it at that

Asinine comment.

Would rather had Jolly? Glaze pulled down boards and even scored points. Several double-doubles while at SLU. Glaze was a far more aggresive on the boards than Jolly ever was or could be.

Would rather had Jolly? Glaze pulled down boards and even scored points. Several double-doubles while at SLU. Glaze was a far more aggresive on the boards than Jolly ever was or could be.

Jolly is the worst 'player' to ever put on a SLU uniform. Beyond his abysmal so-called 'play' he has gotten technicals and other dunce-level crap and stupid fouls to further compound his poor play with gains for the opposing team. His trash talk erodes any sympathies as a try-hard guy with no talent. Hes just a putz on the court and he is terrible.

I cant speak for him in the classroom or in his personal life, but in games he is a trainwreck. I wish he would go walk-on or just be ditched off the team entirely. He can pay tuition and stay at SLU.

How a player does is largely a fact of what kind of a conference he plays in.

The A-10 is a B+ conference. You have to be a pretty good player to make it here. If a so-so player goes to a weaker conference he could turn into a good or great player

Grandy Canyon is in the Western Athletic Conference....a D- conference...Glaze is a star

EWU is in the Big Sky Conference an F+ conference....McBroom is a star.

Had they stayed here ( even with a different coach) they probably would not have been stars.. ...particularly during A-10 conference play. They would have been....well...what they were.

You could take any current Billiken player (yes, even Jolly) and stick them on a Southwestern Conference ( F- ) team and they would be a star.

I guess we have different views on what "quality minutes" means. But yes, he tried hard. I'll leave it at that

I guess you forgot about the big steal in the North Carolina State game, it was a key in the last SLU win in the big dance. Grandy had minutes like that in other games and that is what I call quality minutes.

The A-10 is a B+ conference. You have to be a pretty good player to make it here. If a so-so player goes to a weaker conference he could turn into a good or great player

Grandy Canyon is in the Western Athletic Conference....a D- conference...Glaze is a star

Had they stayed here ( even with a different coach) they probably would not have been stars.. ...particularly during A-10 conference play. They would have been....well...what they were.

You could take any current Billiken player (yes, even Jolly) and stick them on a Southwestern Conference ( F- ) team and they would be a star.

Wiz I don't go against you much. But Jolly couldn't win a gold medal in the special olympics.

Wiz I don't go against you much. But Jolly couldn't win a gold medal in the special olympics.

Hmm...we may have to agree to disagree....

The Southwestern Conf is pretty bad...bad enough to make Jolly good

Team rankings........

1 C-

2 D's

2 F+'s

1 F

4 F-'s...these 4 are part of the 10 worst in D1

I think Chaminade would finish at least 4th in this conf

Jolly = SW star

Team rankings........

1 C-

2 D's

2 F+'s

1 F

Jolly = SW star

Team rankings........

1 C-

2 D's

2 F+'s

1 F

Jolly = SW star

Wiz, just no.

Team rankings........

1 C-

2 D's

2 F+'s

1 F

Jolly = SW star

Chaminade would win that conference running away

Wiz, I am guessing you rated the Ohio Valley about a D. So since we lost to 2 Ohio Valley schools at home, one beat us quite convincingly, maybe we could used Grandy for those 2 games.

Wiz, I am guessing you rated the Ohio Valley about a D. So since we lost to 2 Ohio Valley schools at home, one beat us quite convincingly, maybe we could used Grandy for those 2 games.

So what is new? Mistakes and errors were made last year, I am sure you will all agree with this statement so far. The present concern is not any longer a matter of reliving the mess from the last couple of seasons, what matters now is what is going to happen going forward. All of this would have, could have, should have stuff is nonsense.

As someone said if your aunt had ba_ls she might have been your uncle. The opposite is true, if your uncle did not have them maybe he might have been your aunt. If pigs had wings they would fly, but maybe not maybe they would be more like ostriches and run around flapping their little wings... And of course, the eternal speculation as to how many angels fit in the top of a pin. Or if you wish to make this stuff more current and more practical, how about selling reincarnation insurance to buddhists who do not want to be reincarnated as worms or cockroaches. You collect if you can prove you have been reincarnated as a worm. Sounds like a money maker to me, also it sounds like a trip to some kind of federal or state facility.

I liked Grandy, he played with a major injury. His play improved during his last season elsewhere. His eligibility is gone. He did the best he could with what he had, both for SLU and for the other school. It is over folks. Who in this board would like to rewrite last season make us win a few more games and retain Crews as a coach? Any takers?

People don't want to hear this Wiz. It is much easier to HATE than to rationally digest your information. You notice no one is arguing with your stats, just your conclusion.

Depends on which OVC conf you are talking about....The OVC-east ( C- ) ..the good one with Morehead St ( B- ) or the bad one OVC-west ( F+ ) with SIU-e ( F+ ) and Tenn-Mar (C- ). Btw ...we actually did play a Southwestern Conf team ...Ala A&M ( F+ ) one of the good ones from that conf.

They were a few games where GG would have been good this year. ...mainly OOC ...in the A-10 he may have helped with LaS

Bottomline...Would he have made a difference ? No...The games he would have played well in we either lost by too much or we won anyway. He would have been a difference maker in maybe 1 game ( Tenn - Mar)...ie turning a loss into a victory.He made the right choice from a basketball stand point by switching schools.