Current Player Transfer Rumors

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyree Griffin played a lot of PG for OSU due to injuries. Sats 5.2PPG 3.9APG is pretty decent which includes a 12 assist performance vs KU. He rarely came out of games due to depth issues. He is from NOLA would be a good pick up.

There's another OSU transfer Joe Burton 6'7 SF despite being a consensus 4Star recruit he was only averaging 5 pts 1.5 reb in 13 min/g.

RU --- there are no restrictions to where a kid can transfer that I know of in the NCAA. There are some leagues that have stipulations ---- where is a kid transfers from one ACC school to another or one SEC to another where they might lose a second year. That I've heard of.Most kids follow coaches which could be an argument for Foreman coming here, Tevin Mack going from VCU to Texas, Terry Larrier to Uconn (where he had a previous connection with a coach) and so on. So if Tyree Griffen was really a Ford lover, sure, he could do it. The issue becomes available scholarships ----- you only have 13 and redshirts and transfers count to that total.

Schools typically restrict a kid from transferring to an in conference school, any school they are playing in future seasons and any school they have reason to believe tampered with a player. If OSU wanted to keep Jenkins and believed that ford tampered with him, they could indeed restrict him from coming to SLU. To big ifs that I have no idea about.

Restricting a player typically means they have to sit out two seasons instead of one.

Schools typically restrict a kid from transferring to an in conference school, any school they are playing in future seasons and any school they have reason to believe tampered with a player. If OSU wanted to keep Jenkins and believed that ford tampered with him, they could indeed restrict him from coming to SLU. To big ifs that I have no idea about.

Restricting a player typically means they have to sit out two seasons instead of one.

I don't believe they have to sit out two seasons, but they lose a year of eligibility.

Tyree Griffin played a lot of PG for OSU due to injuries. Sats 5.2PPG 3.9APG is pretty decent which includes a 12 assist performance vs KU. He rarely came out of games due to depth issues. He is from NOLA would be a good pick up.

There's another OSU transfer Joe Burton 6'7 SF despite being a consensus 4Star recruit he was only averaging 5 pts 1.5 reb in 13 min/g.

A.J. Harris from Ohio State and Larry Austin Jr would be two good point guard transfers. Harris has 3 years eligibility left and has mentioned interest in SLU. He would balance the classes better.

Is there anyone on here that doesn't accept the fact that with a real head coach and a little hope that the remaining players will play better for Travus Ford than a bunch of assistants taking over each game round robin? What needs to be the focus now is Bartley, Gilman, Welmer, and Neufeld to come back with 15 pounds of muscle per man.

I think Easy Ed was an unusual guy to play with that stick man physique. I don't see any of these guys being two time ask Americans but I will be happy to see what Ford can do with them.

I wasn't playing I hardly wanted to come to the games. This nightmare with Crews was worse because everyone figured the AD would not let him go mid contract.

We all thought Loe was soft until his senior year and we all hope Reggie can be as healthy as last year.

Whatever freshmen Ford brings in should help as well. Jermaine Bishop had impact and he was a late addition.

I am not sure how the Greek from Harris Stowe fits in but he did get 15 points playing against us.

Is there anyone on here that doesn't accept the fact that with a real head coach and a little hope that the remaining players will play better for Travus Ford than a bunch of assistants taking over each game round robin? What needs to be the focus now is Bartley, Gilman, Welmer, and Neufeld to come back with 15 pounds of muscle per man.

I think Easy Ed was an unusual guy to play with that stick man physique. I don't see any of these guys being two time ask Americans but I will be happy to see what Ford can do with them.

I wasn't playing I hardly wanted to come to the games. This nightmare with Crews was worse because everyone figured the AD would not let him go mid contract.

We all thought Loe was soft until his senior year and we all hope Reggie can be as healthy as last year.

Whatever freshmen Ford brings in should help as well. Jermaine Bishop had impact and he was a late addition.

I am not sure how the Greek from Harris Stowe fits in but he did get 15 points playing against us.

Post of the year.

We recruited Joe Burton out of HS, I believe.

A.J. Harris from Ohio State and Larry Austin Jr would be two good point guard transfers. Harris has 3 years eligibility left and has mentioned interest in SLU. He would balance the classes better.

I have been wondering about Larry Austin, Jr. ever since he announced his departure from Xavier. All I've heard is that he visited Valpo and Pacific; I'm not sure how the Reynolds commitment affects his chances with Pacific, though. He's a better player than his numbers indicate.

We recruited Joe Burton out of HS, I believe.

I have been wondering about Larry Austin, Jr. ever since he announced his departure from Xavier. All I've heard is that he visited Valpo and Pacific; I'm not sure how the Reynolds commitment affects his chances with Pacific, though. He's a better player than his numbers indicate.

I cannot find anything on Harris since mid April when he mentioned us. There is a video of him dunking over a 6'9" guy from Florida. He is 5'10" at the most.

If we sign one of the OSU transfers, then it might be a pretty good indication that we indeed shifted our attention away from Bess. Or if we did lose the battle, it could be a case of the kid wanting to stay closer to home. I know Akron is better now, but if playing in the NCAA Tournament is a kid's goal, playing in the A-10 should have a significant advantage over the one-bid Mid-American Conference - where winning the conference tourney is typically your only chance.

I would have been fine with Bess, but Griffin would fill a bigger need for us if he is indeed an option. Kid appears to be a "true PG" with those assist numbers. Burton was a Top 100 recruit out of HS, with numerous quality offers including Oklahoma. Obviously he hasn't lived up to the hype, but he was a higher rated recruit out of hs than Bess. Burton spoke very highly of Ford when he announced his transfer, so we'll see if that is an option.

Regarding programs placing restrictions on transfers. The example of Romar and Josh Fischer is often misapplied on this board. Romar had left Pepperdine, so I could see them being a little pissed and making it difficult. In the case of Ford, it's different because he was fired and appeared to leave on good terms. Not sure why OSU would put restrictions on those two kids other than the typical of blocking them from another team in the conference.

I'd love to know how a guy from Greece ended up at an obscure state school in the middle of Missouri.

Dipsy Selolwane ended up there from Botswana. They were the only school that responded to him. Worked out great for us when he transferred.

I'd love to know how a guy from Greece ended up at an obscure state school in the middle of Missouri.

VTIME hustling