GW wins the NIT.

Yeah, looked briefly at their GDT and knew that they lost but didn't know the score and didn't care enough to research it further.

One interesting thing is that I read on a different thread, they are apparently going to try to get Carter another year of eligibility. They are basing it on his getting injured playing for us and not being red-shirted. Which I seem to recall, he resented although I thought he played some games prior to the injury. Oh well, not my problem.

Yeah, looked briefly at their GDT and knew that they lost but didn't know the score and didn't care enough to research it further.

One interesting thing is that I read on a different thread, they are apparently going to try to get Carter another year of eligibility. They are basing it on his getting injured playing for us and not being red-shirted. Which I seem to recall, he resented although I thought he played some games prior to the injury. Oh well, not my problem.

Yeah, he played 2 games prior to the injury and then 21 minutes in the game right before he decided to transfer. 3 games in all. The first two games he only played a handful of minutes.

Apparently, he wanted to be redshirted his entire freshman year. Probably felt he'd only get limited minutes all year with MM, JJ and KM. Meanwhile, Crews likely wanted to keep him available in the non-conf season because of Mitchell's injury.

Don't know if Valpo will get it, but it's worth a shot. In the end, Carter really only played 2-1/2 seasons in his career, due to having to sit out the first half of the 2013-14 season with Valpo because of the timing of his transfer.

Yeah, he played 2 games prior to the injury and then 21 minutes in the game right before he decided to transfer. 3 games in all. The first two games he only played a handful of minutes.

Apparently, he wanted to be redshirted his entire freshman year. Probably felt he'd only get limited minutes all year with MM, JJ and KM. Meanwhile, Crews likely wanted to keep him available in the non-conf season because of Mitchell's injury.

Don't know if Valpo will get it, but it's worth a shot. In the end, Carter really only played 2-1/2 seasons in his career, due to having to sit out the first half of the 2013-14 season with Valpo because of the timing of his transfer.

If he met the requirements for a medical hardship waiver, having played before the halfway point of the season and in fewer than 30% of the games in the season and was ruled out medically he'll get it. The medical records are key, they have to say he had to shut down because of the injury.

A small sample of coach Drew's players and coaching verses the A10.

Coach Drew will always be my first choice but coach Ford has started well and has brought excitement with his press conference that I thought only Drew or Ingelsby would bring.

If he met the requirements for a medical hardship waiver, having played before the halfway point of the season and in fewer than 30% of the games in the season and was ruled out medically he'll get it. The medical records are key, they have to say he had to shut down because of the injury.

Did he not come back at the end of the season to play some? Would that not have an impact on his request?

I don't blame him/them for wanting one more year of eligibility. What a waste.

Just curious is he on GT or Vandy's radar?

Supposedly Vandy has made an offer. If he winds up staying at Valpo his reputation will be slightly tarnished as one who is difficult to negotiate with He turned us down by either a simple no or by prolonged negotiations. ...2 high profile offers ( IIowa St and The Bills) plus other unreported deals start to form a pattern... I think his comment that "it would take an exceptional deal " is very telling. In my opinion, there already have been some exceptional deals offered. I think the translation is.... I am happy where I am but if you make me a ridiculous offer I will leave.