Milik is gone

thetorch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or one of those guys changed his mind at the end of the day. There are a few posters on this board who are fairly well connected (I am certainly not one of those), so just because they said 3 guys intended to transfer and only 2 did does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about.

Nobody knows what goes on in a 20 year old's mind. People say lots of things that never turn out. Like I said Ford said no one else to his knowledge - could that change sure but until we hear anything more I taking the word of the coach who knows more than anyone else on this board. Heck, there were people right after Ford was hired talking like there could be as many as 6 so 4 changed their mind - not likely. Yes I agree that there are some students on the board who know players and yes they may have heard some rumblings but as time goes by, those maybe rumblings carry less and less weight until facts start surface to support it.

Everybody seemed to be assuming/hoping Roby would go along with Yarbrough and Reynolds. I might be the only one, but I'm glad he's staying.

You are not alone. Roby is a very good talent. Big, strong, good defense, can slash to the basket and a developing outside shot. I like him. His biggest problem was Jim Crews and thankfully he is gone. I say that b/c Roby really has the skills, the heart and the desire. He just needs a coach he can respect (problem solved) and a coach who can actually coach, motivate him and use him correctly (hopefully problem solved).

You are not alone. Roby is a very good talent. Big, strong, good defense, can slash to the basket and a developing outside shot. I like him. His biggest problem was Jim Crews and thankfully he is gone. I say that b/c Roby really has the skills, the heart and the desire. He just needs a coach he can respect (problem solved) and a coach who can actually coach, motivate him and use him correctly (hopefully problem solved).

I am mixed on Roby. He looked like he was on his way to being a fairly complete player during his freshman season, but essentially became just a 3 point shooter this past season (over half of his made and attempted field goals were 3s). He looked really unathletic this past season and was bad defensively, just really slow. His only attribute was his ability to hit 3s at times even though he has a fairly jacked shot with his lower half flying all over the place. Was he playing at 100% this season? So I liked the freshman version of Roby, but not the sophomore version.

I am mixed on Roby. He looked like he was on his way to being a fairly complete player during his freshman season, but essentially became just a 3 point shooter this past season (over half of his made and attempted field goals were 3s). He looked really unathletic this past season and was bad defensively, just really slow. His only attribute was his ability to hit 3s at times even though he has a fairly jacked shot with his lower half flying all over the place. Was he playing at 100% this season? So I liked the freshman version of Roby, but not the sophomore version.

I mostly agree. It felt like he was more scared/less willing to take it to the basket this past season, although his actual FGA attempt rates didn't change as much as you might guess. 47% of his attempts were for 3P even as a freshman.

If he could add the outside shot to the overall game he showed as a freshman, he could be a very good player. His outside shot didn't look much better this past season from an eyeball standpoint, but I still hope the improvement in 3P% was more than a total fluke. With the way Ford values shooters, hopefully he can make sure it isn't.

Roby was one of several who played uninspired last year and looked like he wasn't having any fun and, at times, like he didn't want to be there. Normal reactions: We had been a good NCAA Tourney team, Roby was inspired to play college ball and for us initially, then he was coached by Crews and lost the passion. Stupid schemes, overbearing coach, the kids did not like him, the losing was contagious, dissension occurs and the guys quit playing for him down the stretch. New promises and hope for change regarding the second season which also turned out poorly.

No, I fully expect Roby and the others to change their attitudes and their game this year under Coach Ford.

Roby seems like one of those guys who will always be streaky

Hard to be a consistent shooter when the maximum arc on your shot is 10'1". Despite the threes he made in the final few games, his shot still makes my eyes hurt.

• 2 weeks later...