Milik is gone

thetorch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit embarrassed at the "good riddance" stance some are taking about his deciding to leave

This is a young man who just made what I am sure was a very tough decision and a decision I am sure he never envisioned having to make when he signed on to play here

All the best Milik!

We will be pulling for you wherever you end up

Or a year ago when he was one of the few bright spots on the roster. But, as this year went on it became painfully obvious that he was not developing. When he was grabbing rebounds and advancing the length of the floor, putting up a junk shot without even considering the others on the floor, or an offense, I kind of felt like maybe he was in need of a readjustment.

Good luck to him. If he focuses on developing he could have a bright future.

Talent isn't everything. Mindset is a key as well. After some of his early FR games I thought he might have more talent than Evans. He may have but not the team first attitude or work ethic. Too bad, but good luck. I'd suggest a low level D1 where he may get the chance to be the best and first option. I doubt Ford's heart is breaking over this development.

Count me in the camp of those disappointed by Milik leaving. He was extremely frustrating to watch, seemed selfish, and his body language was terrible. But you could tell he had talent and just needed coaching and proper mentorship. He obviously never got that from the previous coaching regime. Hopefully he gets that at his next stop. It may also be a good thing that he has to sit a year to practice and develop a relationship with a new coach and team.

Good luck, Milik. Wish it would've worked out for you here.

MY has an incredible "physical" skill set, he just did not have the basketball IQ equal to that. I still like MR and DR and believe under better coaching they could really improve....just sucks that 2 years of their careers are already gone. BJ is another guy who just doesn't seem to click with the pace this level requires. I just really hope MN, and EW stay. Best of luck to anyone that leaves.

I don't lament the loss of Milik at all.

He's number 1 for a reason. It was all about him. Terrible teammate. You could see that from the stands.

Crews and his staff get a ton of blame for his lack of development but Milik was never in shape and never knew our offensive or defensive schemes.

Everyone on the roster can and should be recruited over.

We had offensive schemes?

If players stay they will have to play better than they did for Crews.

The bigs are going to look like malnourished pansies compared to Big 12 players Travis Ford is used to seeing. It is not acceptable to stay skinny and get pushed around. MY did not look like he was in shape.

Sitting on the bench does not do that by itself if you play hard in practice

Players were asked/told not to request a release until after a new coach was announced. Seems fair. My guess is that Milik was gone no matter who we brought in.

Here is a thought. Milik should declare for the NBA draft and see if he gets invited to the camp. There is zero down side on this now that the new rule is in effect. A player can declare three times in his college career. The entire KY team has declared so why not Milik? If he makes it to the camp, Milik would get a good view on how he measures up and would get a critique on what he needs to work on. If he doesn't get invited, then that is another message for him.

I would also like to state that the tweet from Milik was classy. It was well thought out and well written. No bridges were burned. Good luck young man.

Players were asked/told not to request a release until after a new coach was announced. Seems fair. My guess is that Milik was gone no matter who we brought in.

Here is a thought. Milik should declare for the NBA draft and see if he gets invited to the camp. There is zero down side on this now that the new rule is in effect. A player can declare three times in his college career. The entire KY team has declared so why not Milik? If he makes it to the camp, Milik would get a good view on how he measures up and would get a critique on what he needs to work on. If he doesn't get invited, then that is another message for him.

I would also like to state that the tweet from Milik was classy. It was well thought out and well written. No bridges were burned. Good luck young man.

+1 on all your comments.

I am not sure jolly would be effective even at a D2 or D3 level. Frankly I think he is an intramural player.