Ford and Assistants

3Bill

His first mistake was marrying his high school sweetheart. What seems like a good idea to a 17-year-old rarely makes sense to a 25-year-old, let alone beyond that.

I would say his decision making actually got worse as he got older.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ford is man enough to pull off the Zubaz look on the bench.

In conjunction with the day the coaches wear tennis shoes, so Ford can rock some hi-top K-Swiss or British Knights or something you would have won for finishing second in Family Double Dare.

When Higgins left Cincy he did not sign on as the k-state coach and fill his staff till late summer even though everyone knew he was going to be the k-state coach. When Rickma first came to slu he didn't officially hire biancadi until late summer as well.

Since the above weren't actually coaches, they were free to do what they wanted during the summer recruiting season. Not having to worry about the onerous ncaa recruiting rulebook even if only a few months is probably quite the relief and I would think could also be an advantage recruiting wise.

No idea if ford has any assistant(s) in stealth mode or not, but I am not too worried about it. Ford is mostly acclaimed for recruiting. I seriously doubt he will f up that aspect of his coaching.

When Higgins left Cincy he did not sign on as the k-state coach and fill his staff till late summer even though everyone knew he was going to be the k-state coach. When Rickma first came to slu he didn't officially hire biancadi until late summer as well.

Since the above weren't actually coaches, they were free to do what they wanted during the summer recruiting season. Not having to worry about the onerous ncaa recruiting rulebook even if only a few months is probably quite the relief and I would think could also be an advantage recruiting wise.

No idea if ford has any assistant(s) in stealth mode or not, but I am not too worried about it. Ford is mostly acclaimed for recruiting. I seriously doubt he will f up that aspect of his coaching.

Well that is one reasonable explanation - hopefully you are right.

I think Huggins hired Frank Martin late because he was the main recruiter of that Beasley kid who had verballed to Lutz at Charlotte. Huggins really screwed his buddy Lutz on that deal.

Lot of transfers out there w/ more likely to come. Get us a couple, Travis.

I think Huggins hired Frank Martin late because he was the main recruiter of that Beasley kid who had verballed to Lutz at Charlotte. Huggins really screwed his buddy Lutz on that deal.

Lot of transfers out there w/ more likely to come. Get us a couple, Travis.

Huggins did hire someone away from Charlotte to get Beasley, but it wasn't Martin. Forget the guy's name though.

Huggins did hire someone away from Charlotte to get Beasley, but it wasn't Martin. Forget the guy's name though.

I used to work with that coach's cousin. Can't remember his name though.

Got it, Dalonte Hill. Didn't realize he had a drinking problem with multiple DUIs. Met him once in Winston-Salem when he was in high school at an AAU event.