Coach Ford Officially Hired as SLU Head Coach

Please tell us more about your first wife and how she validates ford thanks

He's basically saying his first wife was beautiful and had a good job, but all that didn't matter because she couldn't suck a D or cook a good meal. So while Ford is not the most beautiful, hopefully he can suck a D and cook a good meal.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's basically saying his first wife was beautiful and had a good job, but all that didn't matter because she couldn't suck a D or cook a good meal. So while Ford is not the most beautiful, hopefully he can suck a D and cook a good meal.

This ranks with "fat women with small breasts" as one of the greatest analogies in Billikens.com history.

Please tell us more about your first wife and how she validates ford thanks

As per your request biliken roy. My first wife was not a basketball player, in fact she hated the sport. She does not validate Ford in any way imaginable. She was just used as an example of people or situations that appear to be perfect and later on they are found to be far far from even acceptable. It is like saying 'beware of what you wish."

Who gives a ###### how it went down. Crews tanked the program. May didn't want to hire an assistant. The best we could do was this underachiever.

Fine thing Sulfan13, if this is the very best we could do, we will have to live with it and hope it works.

Ford wouldn't have been my choice, but I'll support him. Hopefully he hits the ground running with recruiting and gets our talent level up to where it should be. We can worry about game coaching later.

Ford wouldn't have been my choice, but I'll support him. Hopefully he hits the ground running with recruiting and gets our talent level up to where it should be. We can worry about game coaching later.[/quote

I think it has to be easier to recruit than game coach. However, experience coaching at the B12 levels is certainly going to be helpful. He is 46, he is not the same coach that coached UMASS. He is now more experienced and likely better, just by having coached 8 more years.....if he gets our talent level up, brings in a stud like the guy he had at UMASS, as I recall 6-8 240....he will have the chance to show he has grown as a coach....look forward to the press conference and a fresh batch of Kool-Aid......

Having the press conference today is nice, but I would almost prefer if Ford was already camped out in Houston assembling his staff.

He probably has a good idea of people he wants to include. He can be in Houston by the weekend to firm things up.