Coach Ford Officially Hired as SLU Head Coach

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm over the shock from yesterday and he has been growing on me. I'm excited to see what he can do. Go bills!

He's our guy. So, it's time to get behind him all the way. He's got a major rebuild in front of him and deserves our total support. We're coming off a major train wreck. It's not Hanna happen overnight. It took the great one, Rickma, 3 years. Let's trust and pray Travis Ford can pull us out of the tailspin.

I wish I was excited but I have low expectations so at least I will not be disappointed if it is another season of no improvement. Welcome coach Ford I wish you well and I really hope you can bring the Billikens back to the dance.

For me it is a e really uninspiring hire. Hopefully, he will learn from his failures at Okie St. I want to see him build a staff that addresses his weaknesses as a coach and show the willingness to use those staff members properly when it comes to game planning and roster construction.

If that happens, this can be a really good hire because he will bring in talented players.

JMM28 likes this

For me it is a e really uninspiring hire. Hopefully, he will learn from his failures at Okie St. I want to see him build a staff that addresses his weaknesses as a coach and show the willingness to use those staff members properly when it comes to game planning and roster construction.

If that happens, this can be a really good hire because he will bring in talented players.

If not the next hash tag could have Chris May on it.

Do you really want to bring up MU hoops right now? Really?

Want to bet Ford has us losing first round games before MU is off probation?

On that note for all of the people already down on ford just remember the last two mizzou hires were frank haith and a D2 coach. And that's at a power 5 state school. Let's give him a chance here and see how it goes.

I'm over the shock from yesterday and he has been growing on me. I'm excited to see what he can do. Go bills!

I'm trying to get there, but this just reeks of 8th choice. And then I wonder how the process got so incredibly screwed up that the best choice was Travis Ford. Im having trouble seeing how this winds up with anything but another search in 4-5 years.

I'm trying to get there, but this just reeks of 8th choice. And then I wonder how the process got so incredibly screwed up that the best choice was Travis Ford. Im having trouble seeing how this winds up with anything but another search in 4-5 years.

+1

Definitely not a "let's go buy season tickets" hire but it could be worse. Like you, I'm not sold....