What happened??

The Wiz

You are insinuating two different things. He either changed his mind and turned us down, after you said we had an agreement in place (coaching thread, yesterday?), or SLU is royally screwing itself by thinking we can't afford to wait any longer. If all this Drew info came from someone other than "the Wiz" he would be getting killed right now

On top of all this SLU has denied the hire. This is all so SLU it hurts

I don't know the triggering event...it could have been a simple no (as in I changed my mind)...it could have been ....I can't make a decision now ( as in let's wait 2 days or more ) or it could have been let's negotiate some more ( as in we agreed to this but I want to make some changes ...remember their are agents involved)...I don't know what the trigger event was but once it happened we moved on....quickly

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the triggering event...it could have been a simple no (as in I changed my mind)...it could have been ....I can't make a decision now ( as in let's wait 2 days or more ) or it could have been let's negotiate some more ( as in we agreed to this but I want to make some changes ...remember their are agents involved)...I don't know what the trigger event was but once it happened we moved on....quickly

Wiz, so are your sources telling you that Ford is definitely our new coach?

You are insinuating two different things. He either changed his mind and turned us down, after you said we had an agreement in place, or SLU is royally screwing itself by thinking we can't afford to wait any longer. If all this Drew info came from someone other than "the Wiz" he would be getting killed right now

On top of all this SLU has denied the hire. This is so SLU it hurts. Mickey Mouse U

A lot of people on this board know the wiz and he's a stand up guy and not an attention *****. That's why he isn't getting pummeled like someone that signed up two days ago and started throwing against the wall to see what would stick.

Third try, Wiz...where else was Ford interviewing???

Don't know...just heard he was interviewing hard.. He realized because of his Ok St deal he was a hot commodity but after 30 days his value / atrractiveness would go down. SLU realized the same thing. Sorry, I don't know who he was interviewing with.

If it's the first, then he's a tool. If it's any of the other scenarios (and there was any kind of "agreement" in place), then we screwed the pooch.

Wiz, so are your sources telling you that Ford is definitely our new coach?

That's what I am hearing ...that he will be our next coach...I think they are waiting to get him here for the presser. ....and again the quote applies here too...the deal isn't done until it is announced. I would not start celebrating OR walk out on to the ledge until you hear May announce it.

Even May can't be dumb enough to collapse on the Drew front, with all we've heard, without a definitive 'no' from Drew. Any other trigger leading us to pounce on Ford is insane (or par for the course! Go SLU!)

That's what I'm thinking, too. Whether Ford has been hired or not, I can't imagine anyone in Chris May's position hiring Ford if Bryce Drew is even a little bit of an option.

This. What happened to Rice? Was he not interested or did May prefer Ford over Rice?

Rice interviewed earlier last week, around the time we heard about Ford and Dooley. It was reported over the weekend that Ford had a second interview. Unless Rice had one too, that leads me to think that something put Ford ahead of Rice. Don't know what that was though.

Rice interviewed earlier last week, around the time we heard about Ford and Dooley. It was reported over the weekend that Ford had a second interview. Unless Rice had one too, that leads me to think that something put Ford ahead of Rice. Don't know what that was though.

Follow the money

Bottom line we have apparently hired a guy who just finished 3 - 15 in the Big 12. That is disgraceful...I daresay 99% of the people on this board could have equaled that. If his recruiting is soooooooooo great then how bad a coach is he to have that kind of season. Just think about those numbers....3 - 15. Yuck.

Follow the money

Yeah the cash savings in an alleged Ford deal are good but I don't think we would've had to offer Leon Rice $1.5mil.

Rice did more with less and didn't win in 2 trips to the NCAA. He is achieving a level of success at Boise St. that is not normal. Ford did less with more and is 1-6 in the NCAA tournament. He achieved a lesser level or success at a program that was pretty good.

Hi Wiz... Haven't posted on here in years, but I had a thought. Is it possible the "Ford Announcement" was a way for the AD to figure out who has been leaking information to the press?

Oh damn, that's some clandestine right there.

Oh damn, that's some clandestine ###### right there.

Seems like false hope. But false hope is the second best kind of hope, and as a SLU fan have been conditioned to accept second best, otherwise we are just being delusional. So... False hope it is!!!!! The Ford hire is officially a ruse. Ready the pitbull!

Hi Wiz... Haven't posted on here in years, but I had a thought. Is it possible the "Ford Announcement" was a way for the AD to figure out who has been leaking information to the press?

Not willing to give the AD that much credit. But that being said, something should be done about the leaks and rumors and "insiders". I appreciate the message board and Twitter fodder, but clearly there are multiple people in the athletic department who don't know how to act like f$ng professionals.

I've been thinking along these lines as well. Maybe we've been watching too much House of Cards lately, but another conspiracy theory I've been thinking goes along these lines as well. What IF:

Drew is our main target, and in principle our people and his people have agreed to a deal for after the season, BUT the AD hadn't heard from Drew lately, so they, like us, get antsy. Then, Drew/Valpo win, extending our misery two more days. Uh-oh, Panic. So, the search firm immediately leaks to Stu the Ford hire, in order to get Drew's camp to freak out and contact our AD, thus proving how interested they are.

Search firm leaked to/took advantage of Stu, thus preventing the AD from having to look bad and taking the fall. P-D comes across as the bad guy. Now, Drew's camp fully tips their hand at how interested they are/recommits to coming to SLU once Valpo's season ends. Ford probably has no idea any of this happened.

Also, Oswald acted alone, Elvis is still alive, and this is all for naught because we should hire Leon Rice over either these guys.

You are insinuating two different things. He either changed his mind and turned us down, after you said we had an agreement in place, or SLU is royally screwing itself by thinking we can't afford to wait any longer. If all this Drew info came from someone other than "the Wiz" he would be getting killed right now

On top of all this SLU has denied the hire. This is so SLU it hurts. Mickey Mouse U

Shouldn't be blaming SLU. direct your disappointment to the Post that ran a story that was not correct. Now, it may prove to be, but it's clearly not currently. Otherwise, a press conference would be announced.

Not willing to give the AD that much credit. But that being said, something should be done about the leaks and rumors and "insiders". I appreciate the message board and Twitter fodder, but clearly there are multiple people in the athletic department who don't know how to act like f$ng professionals.

This exists at any major university coaching search. The "leaks" during the search may have been wrong. Most likely they are from the agents of the coaches and not people in the AD.

IF Ford was offered the position and accepted, I would venture to guess the info came from Ford's agent and not the AD. Hence, the tweet from Kunderman last night.