Will not be renewing season tickets

SLUDrew

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've been a SLU season ticket holder for longer than 4 or 5 years,I am perplexed by how the hiring of Travis Ford is somehow the thing that makes you decide to drop your season tickets.

SLU has been bad / mediocre for all but maybe what a 10 of the last 50+ years. The motto is that it is hard work being a Billiken fan. That was true well before Ford's hiring. It remains to be seen whether it will continue to be so.

Ford has had some success. He is probably the most high profile coach SLU has ever hired with the huge (no pun intented) exception of Majerus. I'm willing to give him a few years before I start lamenting how awful he is.

Agree. Not very excited about ford but find it pretty bizarre if that's what makes someone give up their tickets.

Hahaha. this is so stupid. Did Milik swipe your girl? Good for him.

You're just writing things to get a reaction. Such a noble stand. Youre the purveyor of truth and justice.

I think Milik stiffed slufan13 on his tip at Steak and Shake.

To all you haters, leave your ticket stubs on the table and close the door when you leave.

I think Milik stiffed slufan13 on his tip at Steak and Shake.

To all you haters, leave your ticket stubs on the table and close the door when you leave.

You and Milwaukee sure have a nasty attitude.

Don't worry, the program will survive without the $100 contribution from your young alumni tickets.

I donate quite a bit more than that, but I agree, they don't care about my donation. You guys shouldn't care whether I keep my tickets or not.

If Ford can upgrade the roster, I'd love to renew my tickets. Easiest way to do that is to run off the bad players and run off the selfish players.

I donate quite a bit more than that, but I agree, they don't care about my donation. You guys shouldn't care whether I keep my tickets or not.

If Ford can upgrade the roster, I'd love to renew my tickets. Easiest way to do that is to run off the bad players and run off the selfish players.

Based off of what I remember about Ford's system, MY will be the type of player that TF keeps around.

Milik can't make decisions quick enough

Disagree. Whatever ideas Crews had for MY, they failed miserably. Put MY in a run and gun style offense where he only has 1-2 options to consider and he'll fit in. MY has a better chance to succeed in Ford's scheme.

Disagree. Whatever ideas Crews had for MY, they failed miserably. Put MY in a run and gun style offense where he only has 1-2 options to consider and he'll fit in. MY has a better chance to succeed in Ford's scheme.

Agree with both of you. Milik can't make decisions but that's because he's not smart enough. In a run and gun offense, it will be easier on him. However, in his mind, there are only 2 options: Shoot or turn it over.

Okay my Milik rant is over. I hope Ford makes us a good team next year. My ideas on how it will happen may be different than the rest of us.

Agree with both of you. Milik can't make decisions but that's because he's not smart enough. In a run and gun offense, it will be easier on him. However, in his mind, there are only 2 options: Shoot or turn it over.

Okay my Milik rant is over. I hope Ford makes us a good team next year. My ideas on how it will happen may be different than the rest of us.

The point forward idea was all Crews - he talked about it when MY was a freshman. I would like to give a guy was who made the All freshman team another chance with a new coach.

I'm confused as to why some posters came to this thread to say that canceling your season tickets is preposterous and to roast those who want to. The thread exists for those who resent SLU right now to complain, vent frustration, and ultimately renew their season tickets because let's face it, of course we will.

Why come here to say how you'd never-ever-pinky-promise cancel your tickets? Why come here to say that any reason for doing so is silly? Of course it's silly, but the SLU AD is silly. Travis Ford sucks. Don't take it all so seriously.

I, for one, despise the play of MY and DR and am sick at the thought of watching them play for another year or two. My seat in the 200s doesn't afford a good enough view to get me through that. It would be easier if a massive brick wall was installed blocking me from witnessing MY's circus turnovers.

Maybe Ford will turn it all around.................. Maybe I won't come back. Either way, all this huffing and puffing by salty old loyalists is annoying. Let us plebs complain.

I, for one, despise the play of MY and DR and am sick at the thought of watching them play for another year or two. My seat in the 200s doesn't afford a good enough view to get me through that. It would be easier if a massive brick wall was installed blocking me from witnessing MY's circus turnovers.

What's up with the Roby hate? He had a pretty awful year (at least until the last three or four games), but I can understand the Milik frustration a lot better than the Roby frustration. To me they're still our two most promising players from the Crews class, which is sad but still worth something, I guess.

I'm still really pissed they didn't invite the Crown Valley stand back. I thought I bought enough bison pastrami sandwiches to keep them in business.

Dude that sounds amazing. Was it like a Reuben but with bison meat?

They had a reuben too, with kraut/swiss/thousand island. The pastrami was spicier meat plus dijon mustard and some other stuff. They had some okay beers too, but I mainly went there for the sandwiches.

I have lunch plans today with people in from Seattle, but christ almighty would I give to have a bison sandwich. LOL. Mouthwatering.