Will not be renewing season tickets

SLUDrew

What a great opprtunity we had to really be a competitor for dollars and exposure as far as St Louis winter sports go.

This hire will do zero to excite the masses and worse, is a huge letdown to those who have given so much to the university and more particularly this program

I had taken a straw poll of the 10 ticket holders in my group and all had said they would renew if Drew was hired. Im sure many others felt similarly

This hire will not get it done

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45]

Showing the ignorance of local media. All of these guys don't cover college basketball until March and have NO CLUE. They need to STFU. I don't see them at SLU games anyway.

User Actions Follow1tcfRdES_bigger.jpegFrank CusumanoVerified account@Frank_Cusumano

These @SLU_Billikens criticizing Ford who's had 10 20 win seasons and 6 NCAA's crack me up. SLU 8-28 in A-10 last 2 yrs. Izzo didn't apply.

The Billikens are not an investment.

We just got a new coach, and i wish him very well!

Billiken tickets are not an investment?

Are yours gifted you

I am an alum and have been a season ticket holder since Romar's last year

I am choosing not to continue

How can anyone have a problem with that?

I am nor insisting that we have some sort of boycott

You are free to do whatever you'd like

What a great opprtunity we had to really be a competitor for dollars and exposure as far as St Louis winter sports go.

This hire will do zero to excite the masses and worse, is a huge letdown to those who have given so much to the university and more particularly this program

I had taken a straw poll of the 10 ticket holders in my group and all had said they would renew if Drew was hired. Im sure many others felt similarly

Agreed. Horrible hire by SLU. And let's not kid ourselves, SLU hired Ford. Stu just leaked the story earlier than SLU would have preferred. #dumpsterfire.

Billiken tickets are not an investment?

Are yours gifted you

I am an alum and have been a season ticket holder since Romar's last year

I am choosing not to continue

How can anyone have a problem with that?

I am nor insisting that we have some sort of boycott

You are free to do whatever you'd like

I do not get the BS you are getting from people about how you want to spend your money.

I appreciate loyal fans like you that have spent the money for the SLU program and I am pretty sure the BS is coming from people that are not season ticket holders. SLU needs people like you to maintain a viable basketball program.

I will remain interested in the men's basketball program but I have low expectations and may not attend any games next season.

I hope that coach Ford turns out to be a good hire and I want the program to do well.

Ive been going to games for 25 years. I have been doing this my entire life. The past two years have had me not caring at all. Ill be back for the 16-17 season. We could do worse than Ford.

I agree that otzelberger may have been a better hire. Rice, maybe.

I nevwr thought Drew was realistic.

So, if Drew told SLU that he didn't want the job, then SLU had no real chance to have you as a season ticket holder next year, correct?

I too never really thought Drew would leave Valpo, at least for us. Mainly because of comments on their fan board about the culture there and his religious feelings. (And I certainly could have read too much into all of that.)

I've been a season ticket holder about 25 years and going to games for longer than that. I'm not going to drop my (now one ticket, Dad has passed) over a coach hiring. And I'm just an MBM sitting in the cheap seats, they would not miss me in the least.

But I hope those that want to drop their tickets, how about getting season tickets to the women's games at least? I'm going to, for the first time, buy a season ticket to the women next year.

So, if Drew told SLU that he didn't want the job, then SLU had no real chance to have you as a season ticket holder next year, correct?

I didn't mean to make it sound like it was "Drew or bust" but this hire does zero for me.

I think all that will come of it is sustained mediocrity and its a move that shows very little vision by those in charge

Again, its just a personal preference. If you would like to continue to invest in SLU basketball more power to you

I hope to GOD I am wrong, btw. I would love nothing more than to eat crow in a few years after Ford has resurrected the program

I too never really thought Drew would leave Valpo, at least for us. Mainly because of comments on their fan board about the culture there and his religious feelings. (And I certainly could have read too much into all of that.)

I've been a season ticket holder about 25 years and going to games for longer than that. I'm not going to drop my (now one ticket, Dad has passed) over a coach hiring. And I'm just an MBM sitting in the cheap seats, they would not miss me in the least.

But I hope those that want to drop their tickets, how about getting season tickets to the women's games at least? I'm going to, for the first time, buy a season ticket to the women next year.

Was thinking the same thing re the womens team