Welcome To Billiken Nation, Travis Ford!

aj_arete

Slightly higher level conference and little bit higher profile school...........and yes I'd be happy with that record here if he can pull it off

5 tourney appearances 1 win.

So he recruits great right? Gets to the tournament 5 of 8 years. 1 Tournament win? Bad luck all those times or you just suck? Probably suck. Usually I'm not one of the posters that lose their head but this hire is bull . I really hope I'm wrong but this is just dumb. I knew the B Drew deal was real tenuous cause he's at his alma mater blah blah blah but there were/are plenty acceptable candidates. Leon Rice, Ingelburt, TJ Otzenhausershein etc. We let Stansbury, and others go for T. Ford? 1 tourney win at OSU?

Oh and shut the up Karraker you're an idiot with your dumb ass "rehab" get that bull out of here you two bit hack.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he had a few down years at OK st. but going to the tourney 5 out of 8 years is pretty damn good. I just think him and OK.ST were a bad fit.

You've already established that you're an idiot you can stop now.

This is exactly what is mind blowing to me.

I'm not against the hire, he is a name coach and I wonder where all the Billiken.com MBMs have the knowledge to say he is not a good game day coach. I wouldn't want to be in a conference with KA, OK, Baylor, TX and WVA.

That said, it is not a gee-whiz hire and I don' think we needed to pay a search firm anything to be able to hire Ford. I think he would have come without the intervention of a search firm.

Anyway, welcome Coach Ford, now go get some players.

You can shut the ###### up now and stop whinning.

I'll let you know next time I drive through Rolla and we can discuss the hire in person.j

take your 97 posts and shove them up your ass you momma's basement living cocksucking troll

Jim Crews has 3x as many NCAA tournament wins as Travis Ford. Let that set in for a minute.

Hmm! Crews is 62 and Ford is 46. Not sure how much thought went into this post! While I am not doing cartwheels over the hire, he is the new HC and I sure hope that he does a very good job.

Big east forum on the hire of Ford. Not many replies yet but it will be interesting to see how they all view the hire.

http://holylandofhoops.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5329&sid=d9223df96fb4f30e270a11ce64740647

I am getting texts from friends who are fans of LMU, Santa Clara, UCLA, USC and Cal..... all of them are giving me their condolences. No one seems to think this was a good hire.

Only concern is he was a UMC Tiger at one time and that usually makes you a loser for life

Actually, one of my favorite qualities of Ford is that he left Mizzou and Mizzou fans don't like him for it . Something about transferring home to Kentucky when Mizzou got put on probation. They view him as a traitor or something like that.

Actually, a part of me thinks he'll ingratiate himself to the media and fans. The Okie state guy Cusumano had on last week mentioned that Ford is from only 3 hours from STL and is a Cardinals fan. He can say stuff like that and people will eat that stuff up.

I'd just like to take this thread as an opportunity to thank our troops for their service to this country.

That made me actually laugh as you can probably tell, I'm not real happy.

Hmm! Crews is 62 and Ford is 46. Not sure how much thought went into this post! While I am not doing cartwheels over the hire, he is the new HC and I sure hope that he does a very good job.

Travis Ford has been a head coach for 16 seasons. At this pace he will catch Crews when Ford is 78.

Actually, one of my favorite qualities of Ford is that he left Mizzou and Mizzou fans don't like him for it . Something about transferring home to Kentucky when Mizzou got put on probation. They view him as a traitor or something like that.

Actually, a part of me thinks he'll ingratiate himself to the media and fans. The Okie state guy Cusumano had on last week mentioned that Ford is from only 3 hours from STL and is a Cardinals fan. He can say stuff like that and people will eat that stuff up.

OK the first part of your statement is a positive.