Welcome To Billiken Nation, Travis Ford!

aj_arete

I'll let you know next time I drive through Rolla and we can discuss the hire in person.j

take your 97 posts and shove them up your ass you momma's basement living cocksucking troll

This was hilarious.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most, I'm not thrilled with the hire, but hopefully he can get us back on track.

What concerns me most is that he has absolutely no experience at a school like SLU. This isn't ZooMass or OK St. Hopefully he will be able to recruit here.

Travis Ford has been a head coach for 16 seasons. At this pace he will catch Crews when Ford is 78.

All we need to concern ourselves with is how he does from day 1 at SLU. Who knows how many NCAA appearances he will have at SLU? I can tell you the only ones Crews had at SLU were when he was lucky enough to coach the Majerus recruits. He stunk up the joint when they graduated and he coached his own recruits. I'm going to give Ford a chance to prove himself at the SLU HC.

I have friends who bought tickets when Travis Ford turned around the UMass situation. He was a very young coach at the time. His recent recruits at Oklahoma State were 3.7 down to 3.4 while Crews was giving a scholarship to a very nice but short walk on when we were a dismal rebounding team. My guess is he gets the attention of our current players and brings in a staff that can inspire players. This staff under Crews was loaded with Croanies that could not implement Majerus pick and roll or Bobby Knight motion. If we played in the Big 12 we would be happy to say we went to the tournament 60 percent of the time.

The first thing he needs to get straight with Chris May is a poor out of conference schedule will barely get you a ticket to the WNIT- and I am sure Lisa Stone will back him up on that. Why would anyone listen to Quinn Snyder sycophant Randy Karraker how that lunkhead keeps a job in this town is beyond me. I would bet Travis Ford gets us going before The state schools with the so called money advantage figure out what we have known all along a lot of kids would rather play ball in a city that knows sports than in a cornfield.

Don't support the school or program if you don't like the hire.

When Trump is elected I'm going to waterboard you.

Ford left UMass in worse shape than they were when he took over (it took Kellogg several years to recover), and in spite of having a conference POY and a couple future NBA players in between, he never even got them to the tournament. Strange definition of "turning them around."

All we need to concern ourselves with is how he does from day 1 at SLU. Who knows how many NCAA appearances he will have at SLU? I can tell you the only ones Crews had at SLU were when he was lucky enough to coach the Majerus recruits. He stunk up the joint when they graduated and he coached his own recruits. I'm going to give Ford a chance to prove himself at the SLU HC.

At least Ford won't have to share credit with Crews for any possible tourney appearances here! Silver lining.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad Crews is gone. I am just less than inspired by this hire.

Price SLU paid Crews per each of the 20-plus losses 2014-15, 2015-16=$38,000

Lost productivity of fan base due to Bills.com surfing at work the past two weeks=$5,056,092

Travis Ford compared to previous two years = priceless.

He turned around the programs at E. Kentucky and UMass, he'll do it here.

I have been looking every 10 minutes... I have yet to see anything from anyone connected to either party.

Maybe SLU floated this info to Stu to feel out the fan base's reaction :rolleyes:

Probably not. Maybe Stu is wrong, would be the first time someone in the media posted an incorrect story. He seems to be the only source that is reporting this as all others reference his story.

Fingers crossed

I agree with Frank C. Yeah, we all wanted Drew but we got Ford. He is not Crews and Travis can recruit. People dis his Big 12 record but try playing Kansas, OK, UT, and Baylor twice every year. And btw he kinda dominated Kansas. Chill out and Welcome our new coach.