Who Stays and Who Goes???

ACE

Last year in the games Ben Howland announced I seem to recall he was fairly high on our Sophs. Now, that may just have been broadcaster hype, but he was not a SLU homer. Since he's a professional, and not a MBM, maybe he saw some things in them that we overlooked because they were FR plus they were playing in dysfunctional system.

Save for Jolly and Gillman, each seems to have some skills that could be of value to the new guy. I'd argue Milik could be the best of the bunch, but until he gets his head on straight, he's a liability. Hopefully, the new HC can get through to him on what his role is and how that works to his benefit as well as the team's. If not doable, he should go.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the new coach wanted to get rid of all 6 sophs in order to build his team the way he wants, I'd be perfectly fine.

Don't agree. Bartley was overcoming a foot injury all year. His shooting touch was magic in the A-10 Tourney. You want a guy like that on your team. Roby's jumper makes my eyes ache, but give him credit for somehow having a nice percentage late in the season. I believe the coach who can get through to MY can turn him into a very good 3. His perimeter shooting improved significantly as the season wore on. Maybe we hire the guy who can help him understand his role in transition. So far, he's been a disaster there. Miles has some positives but has to become a much better shooter. AG is playing at the wrong D-1 level and Jolly would be much happier at D-2 or D-3.

How would you as a player like to play for Jim Crews?

Crews- decidedly the worst coaching since Rich Grawer's 5-23 or so season. An head coach who gave up his game planning to each of his assistants in an alternating pattern.

A coach who seem to kill the instinct of natural shooters. A coach who stuck players behind other players as he could only handle 4-5 types in the game at one time-given we had no true 5 most of the time. A coach who ask the team to run the other way after we shot rather than follow up your shot or pay attention to where the ball was. Etc Etc Etc

Obviously, Hines and Jolly should not have scholarships. If Travis Ford has players to bring in he should run off our players just like Majerus did. We want decisions not excuses.