SignGuy A10 Special GDT: SLU v. GW

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But doesn't Spain have some decent players? A few played in the NBA, I think. You guys over there should scout their national team.

Basketball is, at best, an second-tier sport here. Unfortunately it plays second fiddle to soccer which is incredibly dominant. Even more so than the NFL. I believe there could be a way for us to better utilise the fact we have a school over here to recruit internationally, but it would require some planning by the AD that I don't believe they could properly handle.

What these games told me is that guys on the roster with the raw talent to compete at this level are not the same guys who have the effort and mindset to compete at this level. This is why we ended up playing the older starting five so much.

Basketball is, at best, an second-tier sport here. Unfortunately it plays second fiddle to soccer which is incredibly dominant. Even more so than the NFL. I believe there could be a way for us to better utilise the fact we have a school over here to recruit internationally, but it would require some planning by the AD that I don't believe they could properly handle.

We'll take soccer players too. :)

i feel like crews basically just throws every possible combination of players out there hoping to find that magic 5 that he can play 37 minutes per game for an entire season. just completely run them into the ground so that just in case we ever make the NCAA tourney again, we can get shellacked because they're all injured and gassed.

doesn't matter, though, i expect his ass to be FIRED tomorrow. don't let the door hit ya

i feel like crews basically just throws every possible combination of players out there hoping to find that magic 5 that he can play 37 minutes per game for an entire season. just completely run them into the ground so that just in case we ever make the NCAA tourney again, we can get shellacked because they're all injured and gassed.

doesn't matter, though, i expect his ass to be FIRED tomorrow. don't let the door hit ya

The old let's throw some s$&t against the wall and see what sticks system, eh?

And our long national nightmare is over. Crews succeeded where Brad did not and turned me apathetic about Billiken Basketball. After last year, I believed that we had talent and I believed that someone with the experience Crews had would have a freaking plan. Obviously recruiting misses, ridiculous substitution patterns, and horrific time management, show that there is no plan, and the inmates are running the asylum. For next year I'm back to my initial reaction to Jim Crews which is: ABC Anybody But Crews.

I will be checking hourly tomorrow for the Jim Crews firing or retiring. It will be Friday it is the best day to fire someone.