Information on Kevin Lisch

Hi Billikens,

I'm an Australia journalist and radio host who is doing an interview with Saint Louis basketball alumni (2005-09) and NBL (Australia's professional basketball league) MVP Kevin Lisch next week. In preparation for it i was hoping to obtain/acquire as much information, history, articles and whatever else is available about his career at Saint Louis. Even trivial things like NBA players he played against, career highs, notable games or game winners are all great pieces of information and conversations i'd love to have with him. From what i gather Saint Louis plays in the AAC-10 Conference for basketball? Any other information about the school or him is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Hi Billikens,

I'm an Australia journalist and radio host who is doing an interview with Saint Louis basketball alumni (2005-09) and NBL (Australia's professional basketball league) MVP Kevin Lisch next week. In preparation for it i was hoping to obtain/acquire as much information, history, articles and whatever else is available about his career at Saint Louis. Even trivial things like NBA players he played against, career highs, notable games or game winners are all great pieces of information and conversations i'd love to have with him. From what i gather Saint Louis plays in the AAC-10 Conference for basketball? Any other information about the school or him is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Atlantic 10 conference.

The one quote I always remember about Kevin is that Majerus said "he never takes a possession off on either end of the floor".

I also remember the game against #14 Xavier where Lisch hit three 3's and had a 3 point play in the final 61 seconds but SLU lost at the buzzer.

Lisch was named to the All-Century team at SLU last year.

You need to talk to his high school basketball coach, greg lieb at Althoff High School. He will give you more material than you can imagine. There was an incredible duel in high school in a game vs Shaun livingston. Both were outstanding. Livingston wasn't used to bwing challeged in high school and that night kevin gave him quite a battle. Ask lieb about it.

The main newspaper that cover SLU is the St. Louis Post Dispatch (www.stltoday.com). Here is a link to what comes up when you type "Kevin Lisch" into their search box: http://www.stltoday.com/search/?l=25&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&t=article%2Cvideo%2Cyoutube%2Ccollection&app=editorial&q=Kevin+Lisch&nsa=eedition

You'll probably want to page back to the articles during his playing career for the better ones.

Here is a link to SLU's men's basketball record / history book http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/HistoryRecords.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27200. You can search the PDF for Lisch and notice that Kevin features fairly prominently.

You can also search SLU's athletics website (slubillikens.com) for Kevin for some more information.

I'm sure you've seen this picture: http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/129/2009/07/lisch-cut-nose.jpgI can't recall the circumstances of how Kevin got the bloody nose now. I do remember when he tore open the webbing between his fingers (more blood) and had to play with fingers taped together.

I recall a multiple OT game against Richmond where Lisch split a double team and nailed a 3 to either send it to OT or win for SLU.

It sucks that Lisch never had a chance to play in a postseason tournament at SLU. Outside of Tommie Liddell and Ian Vouyoukas, he never had much of a supporting case.

Could you forward that along to the SLU coaching staff as well?

No kidding, there's only 4 or 5 kids he has that could play for SLU. That 25 minute drive to recruit them must be a *****.

Maybe the next coach can be a miracle worker and get Goodwin or Bateman. I think Goodwin has too many better opportunities now - Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Iowa, etc. we missed the ship on him, I think he would've been very interested in SLU too.

Kevin was a fan favorite with his ability and tenacious play. His younger sister, Theresa, starred for the women's team and his younger brother, Daniel, also came to SLU and joined the program (not sure how long he was at SLU). An all around great kid from a great family.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/2006-12-26-lisch-cover_x.htm

I am sure you can look up the stats and find some of his bigger games and plays at SLU (the X game always comes to mind), but for his career he ranks #6 in points with 1,691, #2 with 259 3-pointers, #7 in 3-point field goal percentage at 39.5%, #7 in free throw percentage at 81.0%, and #8 in steals with 133 and is a member of the all-century team. The Voice of the Billikens Bob Ramsey nicknamed him the honey badger for his relentless play.

Kevin Lisch helped my mom clean out her gutters. Then he fuoked her silly. He sent a thank you note. Didn't have to.

We should also tell the nice bloke that it took great strength for you to tell him this given the pain that's caused every time you utter the name "Lisch." :)