Time for change ?

Lindenwood is D2.....minus the Chaifetz.....their sports complex is D1 level. Again minus Chaifetz, Edwardsville has better all round facilities than us. If the right people aren't aware of what is going on with local D2 schools compared to SLU they need to take a drive around St Louis. Wash U is D3 and they have better facilities as well....again minus Chaifetz. This thread is dumb but maybe we should be careful making fun of D2 D3 schools until we have much better facilities than all of them like a D1 should.

What does better facilities...minus chaifetz even mean? You mean for the sports that are not basketball, because Chaifetz has absolutely everything you could want for a basketball program...except a basketball team (heh :lol: )

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindenwood is D2.....minus the Chaifetz.....their sports complex is D1 level. Again minus Chaifetz, Edwardsville has better all round facilities than us. If the right people aren't aware of what is going on with local D2 schools compared to SLU they need to take a drive around St Louis. Wash U is D3 and they have better facilities as well....again minus Chaifetz. This thread is dumb but maybe we should be careful making fun of D2 D3 schools until we have much better facilities than all of them like a D1 should.

SIUE has basically unlimited real estate.

This thread wasn't dumb until this post.

What does better facilities...minus chaifetz even mean? You mean for the sports that are not basketball, because Chaifetz has absolutely everything you could want for a basketball program...except a basketball team (heh :lol: )

Basketball and volleyball, and I highly doubt anything those schools have is better than Herrnann. And don't forget all teams use the training and medical facilities in Chaifetz as well, which are certainly better than SIUE, Wash U and others in the region.

This is ridiculous.

Lindenwood and SIUE have some of the same facilities that SLU has but everything that they have 1 of, SLU has 5 or 10.

Lindenwood has some state of the art facilities and some others you are better off going to St. Charles West.

SIUE please.

This is ridiculous.

Lindenwood and SIUE have some of the same facilities that SLU has but everything that they have 1 of, SLU has 5 or 10.

Lindenwood has some state of the art facilities and some others you are better off going to St. Charles West.

SIUE please.

I think SIUEs baseball facility is nicer than SLU's. That does not include the offices l strength training, conditioning, or medical facilities of course, which are likely more relevant. In general i agree with you.

Slu is also located in midtown where real estate commands a higher premium.

It is time for change. Time to fire Crews and spend on a splash hire. That's what this thread was about, right?

Correct..........I am not proposing D2.

Fire Crews (I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt but the train wreck continues and it has become apparent that is necessary) and make a splashy new hire.

Two years ago we were in the top 10 and talk of how we would be added to the new Big East. You can forget that.

To see Dayton continue to roll along with the Bonnies & Duquesne leaping over SLU on the Catholic school totem pole is hard to take.

We have the facilities now to compete, we just don't have the coaching staff, players and recruits to do the job.

The last game was the topper, what a horrific performance.

I'm sorry but if you think SLU has better facilities than some local colleges overall, I'm not arguing with anyone, just my opinion and others as well. SLUH has a better baseball field than SIUE and us. Hermann has Johnny on the Spots as main restrooms. Chaifetz arena is a top ten D1 arena in the nation hands down, take that out of the equation and Lindenwood, Wash U and SIUE overall, excluding where their teams play basketball is just as good or better in some sports than us. This isn't a bash SLU when they are down, it's a reality check. People are bashing D2 and D3 programs and the reality is they are possibly passing us by in certain areas. That's all I am saying, has nothing to do with land limitations or location. I don't blame AD on this one, believe university higher ups need to see value in top tier facilities, not named Chaifetz Arena.

I'm sorry but if you think SLU has better facilities than some local colleges overall, I'm not arguing with anyone, just my opinion and others as well. SLUH has a better baseball field than SIUE and us. Hermann has Johnny on the Spots as main restrooms. Chaifetz arena is a top ten D1 arena in the nation hands down, take that out of the equation and Lindenwood, Wash U and SIUE overall, excluding where their teams play basketball is just as good or better in some sports than us. This isn't a bash SLU when they are down, it's a reality check. People are bashing D2 and D3 programs and the reality is they are possibly passing us by in certain areas. That's all I am saying, has nothing to do with land limitations or location.

I am not disputing your opinion but rather trying to understand it. What do you mean if we take away Chaifetz? Chaifetz is our only indoor athletic facility. Whats left? Pius Liabrary and the student union?

I'm saying remove Chaifetz from the conversation and all things being equal other D2 and D3 programs have better facilities right now. For the record, my grandson plays club high school baseball and I've been to just about every field in the area. My granddaughter plays club soccer all over the area too. We gladly spend an enormous amount of time at tournaments, complexes over weekends. All I'm trying to point out is anyone making fun of D2 or D3 better know what they are talking about because the world is changing quick. Our AD can only do so much and I believe he is a good man and is doing a very good job. He and the rest of department needs help from higher ups at university to be best in St. Louis area/country in every aspect of department. I love the Bills and want nothing but the best!

Remove THE athletics facility and SLU trails all area schools in athletics facilities. Groundbreaking stuff.

Also the AD reports directly to the president. Theres only one employee that is higher than him. Good man? Tell him to go home and play with his kids.

I'm saying remove Chaifetz from the conversation and all things being equal other D2 and D3 programs have better facilities right now. For the record, my grandson plays club high school baseball and I've been to just about every field in the area. My granddaughter plays club soccer all over the area too. We gladly spend an enormous amount of time at tournaments, complexes over weekends. All I'm trying to point out is anyone making fun of D2 or D3 better know what they are talking about because the world is changing quick. Our AD can only do so much and I believe he is a good man and is doing a very good job. He and the rest of department needs help from higher ups at university to be best in St. Louis area/country in every aspect of department. I love the Bills and want nothing but the best!

Very easy to look good in an argument when you blatantly disregard facts and pick and choose your evidence while leaving out the major sporting venue in college athletics in the St. Louis/southern Illinois area

Very easy to look good in an argument when you blatantly disregard facts and pick and choose your evidence while leaving out the major sporting venue in college athletics in the St. Louis/southern Illinois area

Isn't a chain as strong as its weakest link?

Do you really think SLU basketball is impacted by whether we have a good field hockey facility? Or softball field?

Yes. I have no idea where field hockey plays but if you think a softball field that looks like it could be in Forest Park is fine, then we can just agree to disagree. I think it all matters.

Remove THE athletics facility and SLU trails all area schools in athletics facilities. Groundbreaking stuff.

Using the same logic, if you take away everything that makes Jordan Spieth a great golfer, he's no better than some hacker playing at the local golf course on Saturday mornings. Or if you subtract his shooting ability, his playmaking ability, and his next best attribute, Stephen Curry is an average NBA player at best.

Seriously though, I get that the facilities for sports like baseball, softball, field hockey, and maybe others leave a bit to be desired, but the way the issue was framed was a bit odd, given that those sports use the facilities within Chaifetz as well, and those training facilities I would assume would blow any other local school's facilities out of the water.