Beat the Bonnies GDT

CBFan

This is what terrible coaching looks like in the last 16 seconds of a game. Simply fouling one of the bigs or guards who were all shooting 50% from the line would have given us the chance to score on the last possession. Instead the defense was set to stop them till the buzzer risky a potential 2 or 3 using up all of the clock. What a joke?

Dear Clueless. The Bonnies are the best FT team in the A-10 and one of the best in the nation. So you want to put them 2 up so that we can, what, attempt to tie? Or have Ash throw up a contested 3? Stay on your couch.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, we just did not play good enough down stretch to pull this out. Credit the boys on a good effort but tired of these last second daggers!

Dear Clueless: We beat GW by 3 and we lost to St B by 3. No other games this season were last possession. Stay on your couch.

Guess it was smarter to give them the last shot for the win. Is that the second time the Bonnies have nailed us on that? This clueless one will sit back on his couch once again to watch this great coaching job unfold.

And you guys want to fire Crews????

Your young Billikens played a great game and the Bonnies almost got caught in the trap. You guys have a good team. Reggie had family here, really nice folks, wish he would have come to Bonas.

As for the "the chosen one" ha ha beat ya, blah blah blah... Your comments will be hung up on the locker room wall - see ya, wouldn't want to be ya - Gomer.

Go Billkens beat Dayton

Brown Indian, they're not that young anymore. They all played big minutes last year and this season. Our problem is they are still making the same boneheaded mistakes. They don't know how to spell defense, and rebounding is like a strange science to them. We were lucky today, because you played down to our level.

Your young Billikens played a great game and the Bonnies almost got caught in the trap. You guys have a good team. Reggie had family here, really nice folks, wish he would have come to Bonas.

As for the "the chosen one" ha ha beat ya, blah blah blah... Your comments will be hung up on the locker room wall - see ya, wouldn't want to be ya - Gomer.

Go Billkens beat Dayton

"You guys have a good team"!!! I'm pretty sure I've seen this "good" team play a helluva lot more than you have. This is NOT a good team. You're full of crap. And I wasn't too impressed with YOUR bunch either.

Go Billkens beat Dayton

Number one sign crews needs to go, opposing fans wanting him to stick around.

Number one sign crews needs to go, opposing fans wanting him to stick around.

Great point

I agree with you - I thought it was a bit rough of a comment but when you have a frustrated fan base everything is going to look bad to some. We did not lose this game on that last shot - we lost it because we did not close the deal in the last 5 minutes.

It's not the frustration I was commenting on, it was the strategy. Intentionally give up a lead so we have a chance to win? And ... I didn't check the stats but I doubt they had all 50% f/t shooting guards on the floor

I don't know ---- nobody won and nobody lost. We ran out of time on the short end of the scoreboard on a miracle/tough/contested/prayer that tickled the twine as the red lights on the backboard came on. If anything else that's the shot you want them/anyone to take. But not the result you want.

The bottom line, to me, was Bonaventure played like shite. As a suspect road team, that's what you want, a chance to win it at the end. Getting the layup at 15.9 by Crawford was a necessary evil -- some might say we went too fast but we were down and needed not only the score but the chance to do something in the event we missed. He made it and then it was play defense. At first I thought Roby strayed a little too far from Adams to help on Posely but Adams was at NBA range.

Yarbrough got two minutes. Jolly didn't leave the pine. Bartley got 4 while Hines got 21 and really gave little if anything positive out there. Long year. I am not advocating anything here just making note that the Crews substitution patterns are mind-boggling to say the least. Based on that there are your two immediate transfer cases ---- until Wednesday when Crews boggles the mind again and starts Yarbrough while giving Jolly 20.

It's not the frustration I was commenting on, it was the strategy. Intentionally give up a lead so we have a chance to win? And ... I didn't check the stats but I doubt they had all 50% f/t shooting guards on the floor

I was not talking about you - just trying to explain why somebody would make a post about the coaching that was off base.

I had mentioned in the spread thread , this is not a team to foul especially in a game situation. The Bonnies were shooting under 30% from 3 coming into that final shot...Adams was shooting 33% from 3 at that point ...even the fact that he is their best 3 pt shooter at 44%...given the the fact that it was a long , rushed contested 3 probably keeps that shot at 33% at best. Contrast that with the fact Adams is one of the top FT shooters in the nation (88%) on the 2nd best FT shooting team in the country....not a good idea to foul.

Basically, if we play that game 10 times in the final 16 sec...7 times it goes to OT....If we foul them in the final 16 sec...we lose 9 out of 10 times.

There are a lot of things to criticize Crews for...but the final 16 sec of that game was not one of them.

-I thought DR was too far off Posley at the end especially when we had 2 or 3 other guys on the ball

-DR was supposed to block out the shooter on a free throw with about 2 minutes left, shot missed, DR gave a half hearted effort, they got the rebound and Posley made a 3, big play

-Earl was not on the broadcast, hope he is okay

I was watching sporadically while reading a book. I also missed a few minutes while walking the dog. I never thought I would ever be able to say something like that, but such is the state of the program.

There have to be some positive takeaways from this game, right? Was some/any of Bonnie's lack of offense due to our defense?

I was watching sporadically while reading a book. I also missed a few minutes while walking the dog. I never thought I would ever be able to say something like that, but such is the state of the program.

There have to be some positive takeaways from this game, right? Was some/any of Bonnie's lack of offense due to our defense?

Positive is that we are one game closer to being rid of Crews, even if he is here for ten more years. One more out of the way. Fire Crews now.

I think most fans feel the same way. It's obviously not that important that we win these games as this team is going nowhere. While I'd still rather win than lose, the silver lining of losing is that it ever so modestly increases the chances we have a new coach next year. Except for MB73, the board is in near universal agreement that this would be a good thing.

-Earl was not on the broadcast, hope he is okay

I noticed this, too; I listened to the game instead of watching it because I had just gotten home a few minutes after it started and had to cook for the Super Bowl party we were attending. So I missed any announcement of the reason for Earl's absence, if Rammer gave one.

He didn't say anything about it on his Twitter. But he has a new puppy, so maybe the little terror kept him home.

The only thing that was a positive take away for me was that the team seems to still be playing hard - they have not given up. The problem is the talent level is not there nor is the coaching there to make them maximize what they can do well. As was said before this is just one more game to the end of the season and hopefully a new era.

I think most fans feel the same way. It's obviously not that important that we win these games as this team is going nowhere. While I'd still rather win than lose, the silver lining of losing is that it ever so modestly increases the chances we have a new coach next year. Except for MB73, the board is in near universal agreement that this would be a good thing.

It could be time for a change, the AD et al need to know what is really going on, I do not.

The two most highly touted SOPH players, MY and DR, with offers from about a dozen power conference schools, who most everyone on this board had praised last year have regressed. If they were factors, especially MY if he played inside, rebounded, played "D", posted up, passed... we might be much better off.

Everyone here trashes Crews... but Chaeney and others have responsibility, why don't the kids listen to any of them? Sometimes you recruit a kid and he just plain does not cooperate, does not go with the program, doesn't get it, trust me. It happens a lot. Are these two in that category? I do not know. Maybe it is Crews.

I see poorly executed screens, huge defensive lapses, bad footwork, and I assume the coaches have taught them all the proper techniques over and over but it does not happen, so yes to me it could be "coaching leadership", the kids do not buy in or have given up since they realized they are not going to post season play over a month ago. But, again, just those two players, if they had improved since last year instead of regressing, then we had something even though we are very light in the BIGS category. If the AD and others close to the program see that Crews is not effective in leading the kids, then yes it is time for a change.

However, it might be decided to let him have next year, when his two recruited classes are JR's and SOPHs to truly see if the rebuilding is making progress (100th time... the only classes Crews is responsible for is current FR and SOPHs, the others were when he was interim, do you go to work somewhere when you do not know who the boss will be? Not me.).

Our three most reliable/productive players, Ash, Reggie, and MC... oh... all upperclassmen. What a coincidence. (they have shown progress this year, have been developed, as has MR, even Jolly a tad... any credit to Crews and Chaeney? Bishop has shown promise, and walk on Hines has contributed, the staff saw it and made the right choice).

Think about the two top rated recruits, especially a critically needed BIG, MY, but also DR, if only they had progressed... still SOPHs.

To all: if you do not like Crews, fine, but show some class.

The only thing that was a positive take away for me was that the team seems to still be playing hard - they have not given up. The problem is the talent level is not there nor is the coaching there to make them maximize what they can do well. As was said before this is just one more game to the end of the season and hopefully a new era.

BIGS.

Our only BIG that is productive is Reggie. He has worked his tail off, a warrior, has really helped, and I respect him for that.

MY should be a productive BIG, inside presence on "D", rebounds, post up "O" a la DE, but it hasn't happened.

None of our young 5's are strong enough to compete, yet.

Our legendary RM success run was when Conk, CE, RL, DE, CR, and GG were all experienced... we had a deep line of seasoned BIGS... some were not so hot until they had a few seasons under their belt.

Over on the bonniebandwagon there is a video of jaylen Adams shot. Looked as if the Billikens defense was in good position and trying not to foul Posley driving the lane. The shovel pass to Adams, with the Billikens defender on him, was just a tough play. And contrary to the Post write up "the students" did not rush the court. Ya maybe 25 went on but that was it. Timmerman is a much better reporter

See you guys at the end of the season!

Good Luck, go Billikens beat Dayton!