GDT: who are we even playing? I don't care anymore

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One game closer to the end of this disaster.

Yeah, but from the sounds of it, we're at least 70+ games from the end of this disaster. And then maybe 100 games after that. Then rebuilding. Assuming we get an actual mid-upper level D1 coach after Branner Tonson.

Is that for real? Is Tanner Bronson really being groomed to manage the double ended jelly dong currently shoved up our Billikens Faithful asses and so lovingly curated by Jim Crews? Is that a real thing?

If this administration truly doesn't understand that attendance and NCAA tournament money justify paying RIGHT NOW to shitcan our coach and buy a real one, then fuok this program. Fuok it up its stupid ass.

#FireJimCrews

I hate hashtags.

#FireJimCrews

Looks like another 20+ loss season, can't see four more wins to avoid 20 losses, or top last year's win total. Time to pony up and get us a real ballcoach.

Yeah, but from the sounds of it, we're at least 70+ games from the end of this disaster. And then maybe 100 games after that. Then rebuilding. Assuming we get an actual mid-upper level D1 coach after Branner Tonson.

Is that ###### for real? Is Tanner Bronson really being groomed to manage the double ended jelly dong currently shoved up our Billikens Faithful asses and so lovingly curated by Jim Crews? Is that a real thing?

If this administration truly doesn't understand that attendance and NCAA tournament money justify paying RIGHT NOW to shitcan our ###### coach and buy a real one, then fuok this program. Fuok it up its stupid ass.

#FireJimCrews

I hate hashtags.

#FireJimCrews

For the record, my statement about 2 more years of Crews and then Bronson taking reigns was sarcastic. However, Per Doctor B, SLU will be keeping Crews dur to budget constraints. On the other hand, Cheeseman says he has been told Crews will be let go after this season. So maybe my theory of 2 more years of Crews + making Bronson HC after isn't too far off.

For the record, my statement about 2 more years of Crews and then Bronson taking reigns was sarcastic. However, Per Doctor B, SLU will be keeping Crews dur to budget constraints. On the other hand, Cheeseman says he has been told Crews will be let go after this season. So maybe my theory of 2 more years of Crews + making Bronson HC after isn't too far off.

Wouldn't retaining Crews and continuing this garbage hurt us more financially over the next two years than just buying him out and bringing in a new coach? Wouldn't the buyout just be his remaining base salary, like $300k per year? I don't see how there could be any decision unless we want to become completely irrelevant to the local St. Louis sports fan.

Wouldn't retaining Crews and continuing this garbage hurt us more financially over the next two years than just buying him out and bringing in a new coach? Wouldn't the buyout just be his remaining base salary, like $300k per year? I don't see how there could be any decision unless we want to become completely irrelevant to the local St. Louis sports fan.

I really think Crews is gone after this season. SLU isn't always known for making the rational decision though.

I really think Crews is gone after this season. SLU isn't always known for making the rational decision though.

He's gotta be gone. There is no other decision that can be made.

Can someone name the last time SLU made a truly "irrational" decision regarding the basketball program?

I give up. What do you see?

Photo gallery, bottom of sports page online.

95% of the pictures show SLU player in awkward position, falling, getting stuffed, out of control, looking foolish.

> 90 % in Davidson win.

> 90% in George Mason loss.

The St. Louis Post pimps us all the time, win or lose, it is no accident (like pictures of Romney looking a bit cross eyed, 10,000 pictures to choose, they put one like that in).

First time I mentioned it, this year. They have been doing it since I can remember; win or lose. I remember we were HOT, after a big win, hard copy before I DC'd by subscription, but they chose a pic of KC on the floor, sitting down, the ball off to the side of him, he's looking the wrong direction, hands flopping all over...

http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/sports/college/slu/slu-loses-to-duquesne/collection_3b0c2c94-8d79-56ed-a0f6-9968364aecc8.html#0

(now Bonwich with his fruit avatar will defend The Post)

He's gotta be gone. There is no other decision that can be made.

Can someone name the last time SLU made a truly "irrational" decision regarding the basketball program?

Just a few off the top of my head: not paying assistant coaches and making your legendary HC pay for them, having the team fly commercial with connections, having the #1 recruit scheduled to visit on a black out day, something something. There are plenty.

Just a few off the top of my head: not paying assistant coaches and making your legendary HC pay for them, having the team fly commercial with connections, having the #1 recruit scheduled to visit on a black out day, something something. There are plenty.

The first two are financial decisions that some may view as quite rational. (I.e. If you don't want to run a deficit budget, those are rational places to cut costs)

The other was a mistake made by the existing coaches that will soon be fired.

Photo gallery, bottom of sports page online.

95% of the pictures show SLU player in awkward position, falling, getting stuffed, out of control, looking foolish.

> 90 % in Davidson win.

> 90% in George Mason loss.

The St. Louis Post pimps us all the time, win or lose, it is no accident (like pictures of Romney looking a bit cross eyed, 10,000 pictures to choose, they put one like that in).

First time I mentioned it, this year. They have been doing it since I can remember; win or lose. I remember we were HOT, after a big win, hard copy before I DC'd by subscription, but they chose a pic of KC on the floor, sitting down, the ball off to the side of him, he's looking the wrong direction, hands flopping all over...

http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/sports/college/slu/slu-loses-to-duquesne/collection_3b0c2c94-8d79-56ed-a0f6-9968364aecc8.html#0

(now Bonwich with his fruit avatar will defend The Post)

Dude, did you even watch the game? SLU shot 38%, committed 19 turnovers, blocked zero shots and got spanked on their home court by Duquesne.

Those 19 turnovers consisted of double dribbles, travels and guys bouncing balls off their own feet. I'd have a hard time finding more than 10 instances in the game where the team looked graceful or even like they knew the game of basketball. And most of those photos would have just been Ash shooting treys.

I know b!tching about the Post and their ANTI-SLU bias is sorta your thing, but if a team looks foo-foo, then a photographer has no choice but to show them as foo-foo.

Seriously, this is an 8-13 team starting a walk-on. Don't blame the Post for making them look like sh!t.

Dude, did you even watch the game? SLU shot 38%, committed 19 turnovers, blocked zero shots and got spanked on their home court by Duquesne.

Those 19 turnovers consisted of double dribbles, travels and guys bouncing balls off their own feet. I'd have a hard time finding more than 10 instances in the game where the team looked graceful or even like they knew the fame if basketball. And most if those photos would have just been Ash shooting treys.

I know b!tching about the Post and their ANTI-SLU bias is sorta your thing, but if a team looks foo-foo, then a photographer has no choice but to show them as foo-foo.

Seriously, this is an 8-13 team starting a walk-on. Don't blame the Post for making them look like ****.

Look again.

Most every picture we look foolish, clumsy, overpowered, completely disproportionate to being fair about it. We were in this game, down 4 points, with a few mins to go, we didn't look like assh*les on every play as depicted by the Post.

And look at the other 2 games on the photo gallery (Davidson, GM), same thing. For years it has been this way. No coincidence.

I give up. What do you see?

Kshoe,

Photo 14 or 14....Larry David is a Billiken fan (couple rows up to the left). I assume he moved up a few rows to save himself from tripping up one of our players as he did to Shaq years ago...

Look again.

Most every picture we look foolish, clumsy, overpowered, completely disproportionate to being fair about it. We were in this game, down 4 points, with a few mins to go, we didn't look like assh*les on every play as depicted by the Post.

And look at the other 2 games on the photo gallery (Davidson, GM), same thing. For years it has been this way. No coincidence.

You'd rather ***** about a newspaper than how bad this team is. Get real

mb you werent at the game last night were you?

no roy i was not, saw it at home on a big screen, i stopped with the season tics a few years ago... i assume you were there groveling for customers for your business, as usual? yes another bad game, only big we have is reggie, jolly contributes a bit, throws his body in there, that is our biggest problem above anything else. yarbrough is needed to be an inside presence, that does not seem to be working out, injury or not. and we cannot set screens, terrible. not enough intensity on "d". if we do not hit our outside shots, we cannot win with this new offense.

re: the st. louis post, do you all not understand that, all these years, a potential fan who is thinking of coming to a game sees that sh*t and it is a turnoff? how about recruits? same thing for all these years, even when we had our NCAA run, a pic on page 5 of a fallen billiken, the ball off to the side, him looking the wrong way, whilst a nice, sleek missouri jump shooter rising over a hapless opponent is on the front page. do you still get that rag delivered to your home, roy?