Jan 4 Coaches Show

Cowboy

-I am debating on attending the Show with the pipe dream that I would be allowed to ask a live question or two (guessing there won't be more than 4 people in attendance and that whoever is in charge would allow other than pre-screened questions)

-the issue is what question or two to ask as I have a bunch but don't want to put Earl in a bad spot while still trying to get something other than coach speak

-a couple questions I am thinking about are..in the beginning of the season we scored over 70 points in the first 4 games and the offense looked like it had a flow, since then with more time to practice, in the last 8 games we have scored over 70 twice and below 55 four times and the offense looks like there is no flow, what has happened?

-or Coach Crews said at the beginning of the season we would play some zone, our guards can't seem to stop dribble penetration but we don't try a zone, why not?

-or our play out of timeouts and in the second half seems like the use of these times is not being exploited or the other teams are doing a better job, has the staff looked at this?

-or, the lob, Coach Crews gave a mathematical explanation as to why to not have rebounders on offensive free-throws, we are having rebounders more frequently now, has the math changed?

-if you have ideas post a reply

-as much as I am in favor of a coaching change, if I am able to be there I won't be a pr!ck to whoever appears from the staff but have no problem asking what I see as legit questions

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else feel like Crews and the staff are just trying to look smart with some of the decisions lately? Starting Bartley yesterday was a joke. Mixing up the original starting lineup that went 4-2 was a head-scratcher. It's almost like they only change things that actually work.

As far as tomorrow goes, we will see if everyone is ready to face the facts. I understand pre-screening questions to avoid putting Earl in a tough spot but let's hope some of these pre-screened questions are tough ones and not just more fluff non-sense. (If they even take questions).

Likely the show will just be a bunch of old stories, hyping up our academics, talking about youth, and vague things like "don't turn it over, get better shots, etc"

I like Earl as the host. I always thought Rammer had a tendency to talk too much (like about how he coached his kids 6th grade cyc team) and didn't let the coach speak enough. It is , after all, the coaches show. I don't think interviews are Rammer's thing.

That is a fair assessment. Rammer tends to ramble quite a bit (questions become very long-winded) and that is often not ideal for interviews where the listeners want to hear the interviewee talk. I really enjoyed him on the radio due to that rambling though with his cohosts. He has some really entertaining stories and interests that create amusing ADD esque discussions jumping from topic to topic and calling back lines from obscure old movies.

I was listening to 920 the other week and they announced that Rammer and his show would no longer be on the station because Jeff Vernetti, his cohost, and Rammer are now focusing more of their time on a project they broke ground on which would bring a little league baseball complex to the Lake of the Ozarks. I certainly wish those two well on this exciting business venture.

http://www.ballparksoftheozarks.com/

I was listening to 920 the other week and they announced that Rammer and his show would no longer be on the station because Jeff Vernetti, his cohost, and Rammer are now focusing more of their time on a project they broke ground on which would bring a little league baseball complex to the Lake of the Ozarks. I certainly wish those two well on this exciting business venture.

http://www.ballparksoftheozarks.com/

Rammer and Vernetti are hosting mid-days starting today at 590. JC Corcoran is also on with them.

Jeff and Bob are still working on the little league complex as well

You never know - Rammer may have been asked to fill a little time, depending on who the coach was at the time. I'm guessing most coaches don't really like doing these things, and the shorter they can keep their comments (in their minds), the better.

It's like 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' - they have a 30-minute time slot, 8 minutes of which go to commercials. So they end up asking maybe 12 questions in 22 minutes, so the contestants are coached to ramble a bit. Could be the same with Rammer - 'Hey, Bob, we have an hour to fill and you know coach doesn't like to do these things. Don't be afraid to circle around for a bit.'

Anyway, the thing I like about Earl is that he has such an encyclopedic knowledge of the game, he knows what to ask. Even though he knows he can't be hard-hitting in his questions, he can at least point them in the direction you'd want. His insights are on point.

Rammer and Vernetti are hosting mid-days starting today at 590. JC Corcoran is also on with them.

Jeff and Bob are still working on the little league complex as well

One of the guys that just bought 590 is putting a bunch of money into the baseball complex.

-I'm guessing Earl is hosting since Rammer is no longer on 101.1 but that is a guess as that situation has been there and Rammer still did the show

-I remember Rammer trying to corral Rick on these shows, not much luck and came across that there was friction between them

-not sure if I will be there but if not will listen