Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah let's be honest, Drew does not want to stay at a program where he can only make the NCAA by winning his conference tourney. Not to mention he's want to be in a league like the A10 where he doesn't have as much pressure as a larger school would have but he still has way more money and resources than he would at Valpo

After St Bonnie's snub this year, I'm not sure that's as big of a selling point as years past.

Hopefully we know by Friday but coming off either a NIT championship or runner-up, I could see Drew wanting to soak it in for a couple days

Were the Bonnies snubbed or simply just not good enough. I know they had a good RPI but their record was not that eye popping. I just think it was a down year for the A10 - we all said that before the season started.

After St Bonnie's snub this year, I'm not sure that's as big of a selling point as years past.

Hopefully we know by Friday but coming off either a NIT championship or runner-up, I could see Drew wanting to soak it in for a couple days

Soak what in, being the best of the worst, c'mon, he's not gonna soak anything in and he's not coming to SLU.

I will be pleasantly surprised if this is resolved by Friday.

As for the Bonnies, my belief is a St. Louis U team with the identical resume as St. Bona would have not been snubbed, and would have received that NCAA bid. The NCAA has become all about money. St. Louis theoretically brings better TV ratings than St. Bona, and traveled well to recent NCAA Tournaments, especially the one in Columbus that was driving distance away.

St. Mary's has become the new poster team for NCAA snubs. St. Mary's is a small school with a small following. St. Bona is the St. Mary's of the East, except located in a smaller population area.

Were the Bonnies snubbed or simply just not good enough. I know they had a good RPI but their record was not that eye popping. I just think it was a down year for the A10 - we all said that before the season started.

St. Bona tied for the regular season A10 Championship, thus making the Bonnies A10 Regular Season Co-Champions. I read St. Bona was the first team ever in that situation to be snubbed. Plus, with an RPI of 30, St. Bona should have easily been in the NCAA. There were no less than 17 teams with worse RPI's than St. Bona that were granted NCAA At Large bids.

Doesn't Valpo have almost their whole team back? If they win the NIT, he may want to take a shot at doing some damage in the NCAA with that core group

His team was 26-6 (16-2) this year and still didn't get to go dancing because they didn't win their conference tournament. That has to be frustrating. A record like that in the A10 and you've got a good chance at an at large bid.

Doesn't Valpo have almost their whole team back? If they win the NIT, he may want to take a shot at doing some damage in the NCAA with that core group

His team was 26-6 (16-2) this year and still didn't get to go dancing because they didn't win their conference tournament. That has to be frustrating. A record like that in the A10 and you've got a good chance at an at large bid.

OK The Wiz surely Valpo will be favored in the Final.

Not that it matters ...but we will have to see who the Valpo opponent is?

Actually it might matter a little...If Valpo wins it looks good on Drew's resume which could help recruiting....If GW wins assuming they are the opponent it might help the A- 10 ( & SLU a little bit ) with some additional cash.

Btw....I have SD St by 2 over GW

Yeah let's be honest, Drew does not want to stay at a program where he can only make the NCAA by winning his conference tourney. Not to mention he's want to be in a league like the A10 where he doesn't have as much pressure as a larger school would have but he still has way more money and resources than he would at Valpo

Look at SD St who is playing now in the NIT against GW. They won their conference...16-2 but lost the post season tourney...They were way disappointed.