Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Seeing the Gregory news has me terrified that May will consider him for the job.

Gregory being available adds much needed levity to the thread as we anxiously wait for the new coach to be announced. May the Gregory jokes continue.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a local high school coach (whose son is a Div. 1 recruit) that Jayson Tatum told him that he changed his mind at the 11th hour because "he just didn't feel it with Crews." I'm interpreting that as the rapport between him and Coach Krzyzewski was waaaay better than the one between him and Crews.

This is accurate. It is actually crazy how close it was to happening. This should go down as the biggest failure of Jim Crews

Hoping Stallings leaves/gets fired and we can grab him. He's produced a pretty decent coaching tree. Hopefully he could identify a successor within a few years and we just keep rolling. It really is sad to see everything Majerus built basically burned to the ground.

Hoping Stallings leaves/gets fired and we can grab him. He's produced a pretty decent coaching tree. Hopefully he could identify a successor within a few years and we just keep rolling. It really is sad to see everything Majerus built basically burned to the ground.

To hell with a successor. I want a coach who can win now. I don't care if he leaves in 4 years as long as we go to the tournament in 2 of those years and puts us in position for the Big East. Biondi didn't care about basketball but hopefully Fred see's the benefits of a big time program. Spend the money for quality coaches.

Remember when Jay Wright was being discussed on this board as an alternative to Crews 3 years ago.

In all seriousness, we should've made a much better move than Crews as soon as Majerus announced his leave of absence. It should've been pretty obvious he wasn't going to coach again. We had arguably a top 25 team and great facilities, would've been so much more attractive than it is now.