Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Pitt and Georgia Tech are our only competition for Drew. And Valpo, of course.

I hope Tech didn't put out feelers to gauge interest before firing Gregory. I thought he'd get one more year there so I'm a little surprised at the timing. And hopefully he doesn't become a candidate for us.

Their season just ended after the NIT so I'm not too surprised. Someone stepped up with a big check.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There it is! SLU has a chance to hire the guy they should have hired in 2002.

This is very amusing, I could not believe that GT hired Gregory and glad he did not want to be the coach as SLU. The decision of GT to hire Gregory is about as strange as Tulsa hiring Haith, what were they thinking?

Don't know if he is on the radar...but if this thing starts to drag on, he could be.

Would have to believe that there are more candidates on SLU HC radar than what we have seen listed by the P-D reporter.

Would have to believe that there are more candidates on SLU HC radar than what we have seen listed by the P-D reporter.

There have been many feelers out there. Some no response, some lukewarm then go cold and some are cold and suddenly come to life. Remember this has been going on for months.

On another note concerning the pro's and cons of the SLU job to prospective coaches......Great facilities A-10 someone lived here or had a cousin that once visited St. Louis, the Cardinals etc etc on and on ...It should be noted the most important factor (but not the only factor) is we are willing to spend up to $2 million / yr. That is rarified air. It puts SLU at or neart he top 20 of all schools. Think about it... there are only about 20 schools that would pay more than us. Besides the cash, it sends a message to coaches.

We will do what it takes to have a winning program.

So remember, someone may come here to see the Arch or their alma mater high school but they will stay for the cash....Cash = program commitment.

We Saint Louis University alumni and fans thank Mizzou alumni Jeff Gordon and Benjamin Hochman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and stltoday.com for their apparent support and advocacy of Joe Dooley as the next SLU Coach. All those years of Mizzou losing to Kansas, and then running away to the SEC, must have made quite an impression on these two.

We Saint Louis University alumni and fans thank Mizzou alumni Jeff Gordon and Benjamin Hochman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and stltoday.com for their apparent support and advocacy of Joe Dooley as the next SLU Coach. All those years of Mizzou losing to Kansas, and then running away to the SEC, must have made quite an impression on these two.

Wish Strauss was around to write on it