Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Billibuckets.com Iowa State rejected coach Drew. I do not know if these guys know anything at all and I would like to know what everyone thinks about them.. As far as making 7.6 million in the NBA and his current salary coaching is some great money but if I had a chance to more than triple my salary in a better league, Chaifetz and Cardinals baseball I would take it.

I think Billbuckets know more about the goings on at SLU than most.... their #2 listed coaching candidate would be a Grand Slam!!!

http://billibuckets.com/2016/03/13/who-ya-gonna-call/#more-1810

I hear ya'. Hargrave is a FB recruit factory and they are alright at BB too.

Keatts

Recruiting..................A+...one of the top recruiters in the country

Talent evaluator.........A

Xs & Os......................A

Coaching players up...A

He would be a good one.

Keatts

Coaching players up...A

He would be a good one.

Thought someone posted that he was at the center of Louisville's scandal before he went to UNC-W

Keatts

Coaching players up...A

He would be a good one.

Keatts is intriguing. The concern I have with him is that he was at Louisville, and until the dust settles with that scandal they have going, it adds some risk.

So in the end ....don't listen to what people say

Watch what they (the powers that be) do

So you are not real hot on Dooley or Ford...neither is SLU, otherwise they would be hired by now.

Interest in Stallings (by either side)...only if he is let go by Vandy

Drew..Will he come or not?....There have been enough positive signals that SLU is waiting for the end of the NIT run....No matter what Drew says publicly...or the fans hope for...or the media guesses.

Don't know what happened at Iowa St...but the job here ....... is Drews to lose

4-6 days to go.............Tick... Tick....Tick

Thought someone posted that he was at the center of Louisville's scandal before he went to UNC-W

He has been cleared by the NCAA of any wrong doing in the Louisville mess....Was not involved other than being at the school.

or perhaps you said that with "Talent evaluator" B)

T&A........A+

I don't know if he was mixed up in that or not. Maybe he strolled into Thoroughbred II on Dixie Highway (yeah I spent some time at Ft. Knox) with a roll of $20s and said "who wants to meet some basketball players?" Why can't we just let stuff like that happen? Look these players don't get paid. Why is it illegal for adults to do adult things consensually? The more I think about it the more I get angry. Guys we are doing this to ourselves, making this world no fun. NCAA until you pay players the should at least be able to get a few tangible benefits.

T&A........A+

I don't know if he was mixed up in that or not. Maybe he strolled into Thoroughbred II on Dixie Highway (yeah I spent some time at Ft. Knox) with a roll of $20s and said "who wants to meet some basketball players?" Why can't we just let stuff like that happen? Look these players don't get paid. Why is it illegal for adults to do adult things consensually? The more I think about it the more I get angry. Guys we are doing this to ourselves, making this world no fun. NCAA until you pay players the should at least be able to get a few tangible benefits.

They are getting paid

Assuming they interviewed Dooley but didn't like what he offered. They have probably conducted several more interviews beyond just Dooley and Ford, we just haven't heard about them....

Also, this has been mentioned already but I think the one thing that SLU should be selling hard on these coaching candidates is that if we can get back to being a legitimate tourney level team, and if the Big East decides to expand in about 4 years, then it's the perfect storm for this program. Huge upside.

45]

Seth DavisVerified account@SethDavisHoops

Ga Tech announces it is parting w Brian Gregory. I've heard they're keen on Archie Miller & Chris Mack, but Bryce Drew is likelist candidate

Pitt and Georgia Tech are our only competition for Drew. And Valpo, of course.

I hope Tech didn't put out feelers to gauge interest before firing Gregory. I thought he'd get one more year there so I'm a little surprised at the timing. And hopefully he doesn't become a candidate for us.

Drew is probably a Cubs or Sox fan growing up in NW IN.

Oh if Coach Drew is a White Sox fan that would be my dream come true. Any fan of the team at 35th and Shields is a friend of me. Soxtober16 and Drew at SLU, what a combo. (As an aside, for any lover of baseball who hasn't been to US Cellular Field is missing out on a great experience, much better than that place up on Addison. Best food in the MLB in my opinion)

But back to coach Drew. Everyone wants him, but I'm encouraged based on his total profile that SLU is a good fit for him. I just don't see him at a big state school based on his family and their connection with faith. That being said, I could be absolutely wrong since I have no info.

I doubt he's concerned with proximity to Cardinals baseball while making major life decisions.

I don't know. When I got out of the Air Force, I didn't want to go back to Texas and moved to St. Louis purely because I was a Cardinal fan. No job, no house ... packed up the car and moved to the Lou

I think Billbuckets know more about the goings on at SLU than most.... their #2 listed coaching candidate would be a Grand Slam!!!

http://billibuckets.com/2016/03/13/who-ya-gonna-call/#more-1810

Obviously, Billibuckets.com is the only real "go-to" for any true insider info. After all, I believe it was this site that accurately predicted SLU would likely lose to Louisville :P

I'd prefer to hear that from Tatum to be honest.

I heard from a local high school coach (whose son is a Div. 1 recruit) that Jayson Tatum told him that he changed his mind at the 11th hour because "he just didn't feel it with Crews." I'm interpreting that as the rapport between him and Coach Krzyzewski was waaaay better than the one between him and Crews.