Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone share the appeal of Dooley to me just in case? All I see is someone who was mediocre at East Carolina, has led his team to a worse record every year at a school coming off a sweet 16 with a campus on the beach, and who has a reputation of having very intense and demanding practices (something players complained about with Crews)

I find it amazing and somewhat sad that several posters on this board are bashing someone they know nothing about. Do the names Cole Aldrich and Mario Chambers mean anything to you? Do you know who recruited these players? I would think a coach who has demonstrated he can land top level talent should be not be dismissed as a poor coaching candidate.

I find it amazing and somewhat sad that several posters on this board are bashing someone they know nothing about. Do the names Cole Aldrich and Mario Chambers mean anything to you? Do you know who recruited these players? I would think a coach who has demonstrated he can land top level talent should be not be dismissed as a poor coaching candidate.

I could recruit to Kansas

I'm sure that Bill Self and Kansas' basketball tradition had nothing to do with those players signing with KU.

Let's stop the name calling and attacking. Everyone should be able to ask questions without being personally attacked.

Also, my understanding is that the administration and its boosters have the requisite financial and resource commitment to cover the head coach salary figures that are being suggested, as well as the assistants and other staff.

College basketball is now part of a greater strategic plan to raise the visibility and profile of the university.

Last week I attended a Cards game in Jupiter and SLU had a sponsored event. I met a SLU Representative who assured me that money would not be a problem in the HC search.

It seems foolish to think that we are only considering 1 candidate, but good grief, Dooley and an ex-UMass guy as backup plans? Really?! There are probably a dozen or so guys I can think of that I'd take over those two.

Mizzou idiots

Yesterday, in a segment on Frank Cusumano's show, on 920cbssports, his guest was STL P-D's Mizzou beatwriter Dave Matter, with it noted that new Mizzou AD Rhoades shopped around the Mizzou Basketball job before bringing back Kim Anderson (its D-2 Coach) for another year, and found no interest, no takers.

Their program is in the deep abyss in COMO, a veritable dumpster fire, and they know it.

Noted in the Dave Matter segment on Frank Cusumano's show yesterday was Mizzou's AD shopping its Hoops job and finding no interest before KA was retained for another year.

Their program is in the deep abyss in COMO, a veritable dumpster fire, and they know it.

Why do I love seeing Mizzou fans suffer? They have nothing to look forward to.