Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Some Dooley tweets:

These last two are in response to my comments that SLU fans were underwhelmed by Dooley, and if they could provide any other information that might sway our thoughts:

Six MBMs on this board say that they aren't overwhelmed by Dooley and you say 'SLU Fans" were underwhelmed. Wow. How about some honesty next time. "My six buddies and me aren't crazy about Dooley". The rest of Billiken Nation hasn't judged him.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our mew coach is still working. The coach will likely come from this group of teams....Depending how the ball bounces , it could be as soon as Wed. And of course the deal is never done till it is announced.

Patience....The clock is winding down....tick... tick...tick

Hopefully you know something and not just guessing. Is UW the University of Washington? Why would Romar return?

Our mew coach is still working. The coach will likely come from this group of teams....Depending how the ball bounces , it could be as soon as Wed. And of course the deal is never done till it is announced.

Patience....The clock is winding down....tick... tick...tick

Cant.tell.if.serious.

Six MBMs on this board say that they aren't overwhelmed by Dooley and you say 'SLU Fans" were underwhelmed. Wow. How about some honesty next time. "My six buddies and me aren't crazy about Dooley". The rest of Billiken Nation hasn't judged him.

Eh...why not. I'll bite.

I haven't met most of the people here that panned the Dooley link, so it wouldn't be very honest for me to say it was "my six buddies and me", would it?

Also, it was on Twitter. "SLU fans" takes up fewer characters than "my six buddies and me". You only get 140, so fewer is better.

Finally, I'd think that a guy like BJ Rains, who is a STL native and has covered SLU games in the past, would be smart enough to realize that I was not trying to convey that I had conducted a comprehensive survey of SLU fans on Dooley.

Beard? Not a bad choice.

See, I'm not 100% sold on Beard being a great fit for SLU. If you look at his career, it has been spent almost entirely in Texas, with a few years at schools in Arkansas and Oklahoma. I just question if the connections would transfer to SLU, especially since he seems to have strong juco ties, and we haven't signed a juco player in a little less than 10 years.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's done a great job at Little Rock, but I just question how well things will transfer here.

Terry has been mentioned as a candidate for several jobs and has done a good job at Fresno in a rugged league. Drawbacks - He has multiple ties to Frank Haith including having a Haith protege currently on his staff.

PASS

Terry has been mentioned as a candidate for several jobs and has done a good job at Fresno in a rugged league. Drawbacks - He has multiple ties to Frank Haith including having a Haith protege currently on his staff.

PASS

Haith connections.. Hell no. Pass pass pass. Red alert. Unserious. Get those jokers away from our program.

Edit: what exactly are those connections? Anything Haith is just bad news.