EJ Liddell makes debut

EJ Liddell, starting freshman at Belleville West, made his high school debut last night vs Ladue at the Vianney tourney. Led West in scoring with 19.

Hope Tommie's horrible experience with rickma doesn't shut us out. Our trump card, supposedly recently retired and slu legend, justin love is now on the West coaching staff.

EJ Liddell, starting freshman at Belleville West, made his high school debut last night vs Ladue at the Vianney tourney. Led West in scoring with 19.

Hope Tommie's horrible experience with rickma doesn't shut us out. Our trump card, supposedly recently retired and slu legend, justin love is now on the West coaching staff.

:unsure::rolleyes: RM>TL Hopefully this kid won't skip practice to get his hair done.

Does Love have any kind of relationship with anyone currently at SLU?

Roy is this his nephew or son?

:unsure::rolleyes: RM>TL Hopefully this kid won't skip practice to get his hair done.

Not that it really matters, but the time TL was kept out of the starting lineup arriving late to a game because he was getting his hair braided was under Soderberg.

By the way, did Tommie end up graduating? I know he didn't with the rest of his class, but I thought I heard he had gone back to school.

Not that it really matters, but the time TL was kept out of the starting lineup arriving late to a game because he was getting his hair braided was under Soderberg.

By the way, did Tommie end up graduating? I know he didn't with the rest of his class, but I thought I heard he had gone back to school.

I wasn't aware of the game incident. There was definitely a practice incident under RM.

I wasn't aware of the game incident. There was definitely a practice incident under RM.

Oh. There was a game in Soderberg's last season that Tommie didn't start. I think he was benched for all or most of the first half. Heard post-game that he was late because he went to get his hair braided in East St. Louis and got stuck in traffic on the PSB on the way back.

Oh. There was a game in Soderberg's last season that Tommie didn't start. I think he was benched for all or most of the first half. Heard post-game that he was late because he went to get his hair braided in East St. Louis and got stuck in traffic on the PSB on the way back.

Yes. That is the only incident I recall.

I thought it was a team meal he was late to, not a game or a practice:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-12-26/sports/0712250251_1_rick-majerus-college-basketball-utah/2

Yes, RM referenced similar stories over the years as an example of a guy with some ability, but not totally committed. TL appearing to basically quit on Senior Night as we blew a big lead against LaSalle was certainly not a great final memory. Would rather have guys like BC, JJ and DE.

• 5 weeks later...

Watched EJ at the Centralia Holiday Tournament and he's as good as advertised! 2nd team all tourney

He finished 7th in scoring 68pts 17 a game

5th in rebounding 26 6.5 a game

Tied for 1st in blocks 9 2.2 a game

The talent in this tourney was awesome. The best I've seen in years. The top ranked soph in the state Tim Finke a 6-6 guard and his 6-7 brother Nick from Champaign Central (Army) also brother Micheal plays at U of I.

Darrell Brown Jr 5-10 Tulsa

DeMarcus Mitchell 6-7 Tenn Martin

Nathan Hoover 6-4 Wofford

and several other Jrs and Sophs that are d-1 talent

• 1 month later...

According to Hudl, he's a 6'6" freshman at 240 with a 4.7 second 40... That's insane.

I for one AM SUPER EXCITED to go through another four years of speculation about a super recruit. #bartscott #cantwait

if having a brain is not a concern, he sounds ideal as a tight end.