GDT - SIUe

billikenbill

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at the stats for Neufeld and Jolly combined and they're not good. But when you add in Agbeko and Gillmann - the numbers are still terrible. Those four combined were 1-9 from the field, 2-4 from the stripe, with 6 rebounds, no assists, 12 fouls, and 5 points.

When will the staff prioritize true bigs?

Haven't seen the box score yet but if I kept accurate count, we were 5 or 14 at the FT line at the end of the game. If we shoot like that in close games we will lose. Also, I think we were 5 of 17/18 from the 3 pt line. Once again we have to do better. I am happy for the win but we can not play like this and expect to win many games against anybody that is a "c" team using the Wiz grading.

FTs will be huge for all College teams this year due to the rule changes teams are in the bonus early. SLU not shooting very well from the charity stripe doesn't bode well. However, 2 games is a small sample size. Also the 3PT shooting on the year is bad at under 25% avg. Both of those %s need to increase. I think that RA should dominate in games like this but he hasn't so maybe I need to adjust my expectations of him. 10 point road win for a team we were not quite sure would win many games at all? I'll take it at this point and hope they improve. I have some reservations but feeling OK about the team at this point.

We will be better if Ash ever gets out of the doghouse.

You mean Roby?

Although I don't know if it's the doghouse with him. Can't tell what's going on. But he and Bartley both appear to have regressed in the early going.