Former billikens

brianstl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good numbers for all those guys. An initial response may be to lament the loss of players performing in other areas. However, I'm growing to believe that team chemistry is extremely important. Not just everyone getting along as buds (which has some importance) but the on court mesh of players skills with the overall team strategy or identity. Key in achieving that chemistry is having a coach with a vision, the capability to identify those players that fit, closing the deal recruiting those players and then getting buy in. Majerus excelled at this and these are the traits I see in the best coaches. I think about this when I look at Izzo vs a Calipari. I think Izzo does what I say while Calipari gets the best players not necessarily for any system and then manages egos.

I'm hoping we're seeing this idea in execution at SLU, a team identity Long Guards that can all Shoot, Front Court players that can stretch a D to clear out big guys so that our long guards can snag rebounds too and tough defense. Really would like to see this take root this year and it come to fruition.

16 points and 3 assists for McBroom yesterday. He played all 40 minutes.

Glaze with 14 and 11 in a win over Black Hills State

Lancona is average 9.3 ppg and shooting 40% from 3 for Point Loma Nazarene University

i really dont care to read about these cancerous losers anymore. thank you

• 1 month later...

Was flipping around the tv last night and saw Grandy Glaze and Grand Canyon playing at SIUE of FSMW. Grand Canyon won by 11, is now 12-2 and ranked 122 by Pomeroy (gotta enjoy the irony of 122). Grandy scored 17 against SIUE and is averaging 13 and 7 in only 23 minutes per game.

Tell me again why we didn't want him back this year?

Was flipping around the tv last night and saw Grandy Glaze and Grand Canyon playing at SIUE of FSMW. Grand Canyon won by 11, is now 12-2 and ranked 122 by Pomeroy (gotta enjoy the irony of 122). Grandy scored 17 against SIUE and is averaging 13 and 7 in only 23 minutes per game.

Tell me again why we didn't want him back this year?

Bad apple. Getting rid of the bad apples is the reason why we are so much better this season.

If Glaze's stat line upsets you, I would strongly suggest you avoid looking at McBroom's.

Look, Glaze and McBroom wouldn't make this team a tournament team, but they obviously were not the problem. The story line many tried to pass off last season that they and Lancona were the problem was complete BS. It just took some time for everyone to realize it.

Bad apple. Getting rid of the bad apples is the reason why we are so much better this season.

If Glaze's stat line upsets you, I would strongly suggest you avoid looking at McBroom's.

Look, Glaze and McBroom wouldn't make this team a tournament team, but they obviously were not the problem. The story line many tried to pass off last season that they and Lancona were the problem was complete BS. It just took some time for everyone to realize it.

I'm not willing to go soft on McBroom. That guy was a complete tool. And he obviously caused problems.

Lancona just wasn't very good.

Grandy was never healthy here. I would rather have him on the roster right now than any big man on scholarship.

I'm not willing to go soft on McBroom. That guy was a complete tool. And he obviously caused problems.

Lancona just wasn't very good.

Grandy was never healthy here. I would rather have him on the roster right now than any big man on scholarship.

I agree with you all all those points. Put McBroom and Glaze back on this team, we are not close to a top 100 team. For all the problems with McBroom (both as a player and as a person), he would be the best option at PG on the current team. Glaze would be the best option at the 4. That isn't saying much, but it shows what a failure Crews has been.

That said, none of them were the problem last season. That whole story line was complete BS. The whole team is the problem.

McBroom might have caused problems his sophomore year, but it's obvious he was not the problem last year, either in terms of performance or "chemistry." His shooting won several games against mediocre competition last year. Didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but now that we are actually going to go 5-7 in the non-conference schedule instead of 8-4 it seems like a slightly bigger deal. And in terms of "chemistry" I don't remember seeing our players shove each other on the court until this year.

All that said, kicking McBroom out the door made a lot more sense than kicking Glaze out the door. The saddest thing is that they both probably transferred up by leaving SLU. A game between us and Point Loma might be more competitive than a game against Grand Canyon right now.

How many selfies is McBroom averaging per day? More than last year?

Who cares if he can help you win games? The guy has some narcissistic tendencies. A lot of people in his age group have those. It isn't like he was mugging people, driving intoxicated or flunking out of school.

Who cares if he can help you win games? The guy has some narcissistic tendencies. A lot of people in his age group have those. It isn't like he was mugging people, driving intoxicated or flunking out of school.

We've been over the AM-DE transgression, and he sucked/could barely tread water vs. A10 players. I give this post -1000

We've been over the AM-DE transgression, and he sucked/could barely tread water vs. A10 players. I give this post -1000

And DE is no longer on the team. Yeah, he had a history of sucking come conference time, but he helped win us some non conference games last season. I was one of the few trying to push the brakes on the McBroom bandwagon early last season. That said, he has gone from being vastly overrated by most on here to underrated in record time.

You know what I hate more than narcissistic, girlfriend stealing, twitter loving punks........ losing to the likes of SIU and Indiana St.

I don't know much about Eastern Washington, but they aren't a good team. Looking at their results, they either play 0 defense or play really up tempo based on their average scoring.

McBroom putting up double digits against 300 RPI competition doesn't surprise me nor impress me.