And west on 70

brianstl

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proves just how terrible a hire Wolfe was and how great a hire Pestello was. Two schools trending in totally opposite directions.

Not sure if I would say that, have you been to Mizzou or Columbia recently? A month from now I doubt anyone is talking about this stuff (would not be now without the football team getting involved).

There is now a fairly exhaustive listing of the events, on a Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_University_of_Missouri_protests

If we can assume these accounts are pretty accurate (and Wikipedia has become pretty darned good about accuracy); well, I think it is fair to say that this huge protest came about due to about 4 isolated incidents. Terrible, mean spirited incidents, yes. But I'm a little surprised at the nature of the accusations, or lack thereof, because in addition, there has been some fraudulent accusations as part of that, as well. Wikipedia has spoken!

As for the narcissistic idea that the horror in Paris has taken away attention from Mizzou -- and indeed the inability of these "tweeters" to even notice the braindead nature of such an insipid public statement -- I will use self restraint. Except to say: wow. that is a grim reminder of what we are dealing with here. It's sad to think that way about the world, as we are witnessing it on the nightly news. Even grimmer to share such thoughts publicly. Opinions vary, but there it is...

Appreciate the link. Wikipedia cites Bernie Sanders as tweeting about "structural racism" . Dwaynes World has posted, to some applause, about institutional and systemic racism. Would someone explain how this differs from the inherent benefits of those with money, connections, etc. versus those without money, connections, etc.? What structures, systems and institutions does Mizzou have which are exclusionary to African Americans but not to Whites and other minorities?

• 5 months later...

It must be so easy to anti-recruit to Mizzou if you are another coach competing with them for a recruit.

"So its between us and SPUMAC huh? Well...Are you interested in playing your sport, or being a cog in the political activism machine?"

• 2 months later...