SLU v. Illinois State

SluSignGuy

I hope you are wrong but you make good points.

Seniors: I would not build my team around Ash but he should be better than last year and help us now -- this year. I am expecting 25 mpg and 12 ppg. (9.1 was last year)

Juniors: Until I see Reggie stay healthy and be productive for at least half of each game, I will continue to have low expectations. As to Crawford, I am expecting him to pay 20 mpg and score 8 to 10 ppg. (7.3 last year)

Sophs. I am expecting Milik, Roby and Bartley to start/play alot of minutes. Milik average 25 mpg and 10 ppg (same as last year) even with more options/competition. Roby should still get 20 to 25 mpg, play good defense on possibly the other team's better player and score a little more than last year such as 8 to 10 ppg (6.5 last year). Bartley should play 20 to 25 mpg and score slightly more as the PG demands and duties are lessened upon him such as 10 ppg (last year 4.9). AG should receive 10 mpg and anything scored is a bonus. I am not expecting much/anything from Jolly or Reynolds.

Frosh. I am expecting 20 mpg from Bishop whose job will be to run the offense. Scoring will be a bonus and hopefully increase as the season progresses. I am expecting 25 mpg from Neufeld with 6 to 10 ppg. Hines should be used as a backup with scoring considered a bonus.

Unless my math is off, the above figures total 160 of the 200 mpg and 58 ppg. Adding in the miscellaneous minutes/points per game, I could see us average 65 ppg, and if so, we should be at least a .500 team.

Assuming a 9 man rotation, you can get 65ppg with the following distribution:

1. 12

2. 10 (22)

3. 10 (32)

4. 8 (40)

5. 7 (47)

6. 5 (52)

7. 5 (57)

8. 4 (61)

9. 4 (65)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be glad you're not a Big East St. John's fan. They took it on the chin tonight in their exhibition to D II St. Thomas Aquinas by 32, 90-58. Welcome to the big time Chris Mullins. Hard to spin that one anyway but really bad. SI had them 130th in their pre-season ranking. Care to reconsider SI? Maybe reverse the 3 and 1?

Be glad you're not a Big East St. John's fan. They took it on the chin tonight in their exhibition to D II St. Thomas Aquinas by 32, 90-58. Welcome to the big time Chris Mullins. Hard to spin that one anyway but really bad. SI had them 130th in their pre-season ranking. Care to reconsider SI? Maybe reverse the 3 and 1?

Who is Chris Mullins?

So much for cutting down the rotation.

The inability to properly address the point guard position will likely be JC's downfall. After RM landed KM, what did he do? He continued to add others who could run the point: McCall, Jett, Carter.

I raised concerns in the 6-man class that we had not addressed the PG position after reading about and seeing some of the kids play: Bartley, Reynolds and Roby. None of them profiled as a PG. Hopefully Bishop can fill the role. If Reynolds can not learn to be a PG, then I'm not sure what role he fills other than benchwarmer. If a combo of Bishop/Reynolds/Hines can at least adequately handle the point, perhaps Bartley's future is as a 2.

The inability to properly address the point guard position will likely be JC's downfall. After RM landed KM, what did he do? He continued to add others who could run the point: McCall, Jett, Carter.

I raised concerns in the 6-man class that we had not addressed the PG position after reading about and seeing some of the kids play: Bartley, Reynolds and Roby. None of them profiled as a PG. Hopefully Bishop can fill the role. If Reynolds can not learn to be a PG, then I'm not sure what role he fills other than benchwarmer. If a combo of Bishop/Reynolds/Hines can at least adequately handle the point, perhaps Bartley's future is as a 2.

Bartley was more highly regarded as a point guard prospect than Northwestern's Bryant McIntosh going into his junior year. I still hold out hope that he can be a solid point guard. Whether he remains a starter is the question.

Bartley is going to play at least some point throughout his career here. There isn't anymore point guard help arriving until 2017. The 2016 Midwestern crop was pretty lackluster but there are a lot of good regional points in the 2017 class.

The plan for success at the high major level below BCS teams is as many ballhandlers as possible. A team needs 3-4 point guards to have great success.

Why our coaching staff doesn't understand this I have no idea.

The plan for success at the high major level below BCS teams is as many ballhandlers as possible. A team needs 3-4 point guards to have great success.

Why our coaching staff doesn't understand this I have no idea.

Again, had AB turned out like Crews envisioned, then we would be fine at PG. Bartley is capable. Reynolds, I am not so sure. With Bishop I am hopeful. Roby, I like at a 2 but not sure he can play PG.

Comparisons with RM are valid in that, yes, he truly valued his PGs but MM and JJ were possibly more of a 2 with PG height

If Bartley could put together a couple of strong offensive games, I think it would do wonders for his confidence in other areas, including ballhandling.

I'm just not 100% sold that his ball handling or defense will be good enough for a team that we want our Billikens to be. He's a great kid and appears to work hard, so I hope he gets where he needs to be.

I'm just not 100% sold that his ball handling or defense will be good enough for a team that we want our Billikens to be. He's a great kid and appears to work hard, so I hope he gets where he needs to be.

alright you fuoking buttholes, you need to put down the razor and give our guys SOME credit. bartley shot 43% from three, and averaged 1.4 turnovers in 19 minutes per game AS A FRESHMAN. kid had three games in conference where he went 4-7 from three. sounds pretty fuoking good to me.

alright you fuoking buttholes, you need to put down the razor and give our guys SOME credit. bartley shot 43% from three, and averaged 1.4 turnovers in 19 minutes per game AS A FRESHMAN. kid had three games in conference where he went 4-7 from three. sounds pretty fuoking good to me.

Get fired up, Jimbo! The time for hand-wringing is over- I have to be an optimist and believe that our freshmen will be a lot better as sophomores. I can remember several instances of Bartley getting hot and hitting several threes in a row. The kid can stroke it.

Get fired up, Jimbo! The time for hand-wringing is over- I have to be an optimist and believe that our freshmen will be a lot better as sophomores. I can remember several instances of Bartley getting hot and hitting several threes in a row. The kid can stroke it.

Yes he can, and this is assuming every other team in the conference has stayed stagnant? Didn't Fordham smoke us with their talented freshman?

you're gotdamn right.

+1