Why can't we have uniforms like this?

thetorch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Duquesne will feature six different uniforms this season.

The one pictured above is Derrick Colter in a 1970s/80s throwback. They also have a 1950s/60s throwback, a gray alternate with red trim, a new blue road uniform with red trim, a similar home white to the one they wore last season, and a similar road/alternate red to what they wore last season. Only the last two have the current official athletic wordmark.

We missed our chance with the recent 100-year program anniversary, but there's no reason SLU can't do something similar for at least a season. We've got the Hughes-era late-90s ones that I thought were pretty good, the early-90s Claggett/Highmark-era ones with Saint and Louis on either side of the number, the mid-90s Claggett/Highmark era unis that transitioned to the Hughes one, the Bonner-era ones with baby blue trim, the Easy Ed-era uniforms with "ST. LOUIS" on the front - lots of possibilities. There's no reason the program couldn't have some fun with bringing these back every now and then.

I can't find many good photos from the 60s through the 80s. If we have a funky one like the Duquesne "Dukes" font seen above, it'd have to be from that era.

Looks like Duquesne will feature six different uniforms this season.

The one pictured above is Derrick Colter in a 1970s/80s throwback. They also have a 1950s/60s throwback, a gray alternate with red trim, a new blue road uniform with red trim, a similar home white to the one they wore last season, and a similar road/alternate red to what they wore last season. Only the last two have the current official athletic wordmark.

We missed our chance with the recent 100-year program anniversary, but there's no reason SLU can't do something similar for at least a season. We've got the Hughes-era late-90s ones that I thought were pretty good, the early-90s Claggett/Highmark-era ones with Saint and Louis on either side of the number, the mid-90s Claggett/Highmark era unis that transitioned to the Hughes one, the Bonner-era ones with baby blue trim, the Easy Ed-era uniforms with "ST. LOUIS" on the front - lots of possibilities. There's no reason the program couldn't have some fun with bringing these back every now and then.

I can't find many good photos from the 60s through the 80s. If we have a funky one like the Duquesne "Dukes" font seen above, it'd have to be from that era.

Whether I like all six uniforms is irrelevant. I love that they have six uniforms! Good for them.

Can't understand why we're always stuck w/ just 2 unis, same except for home and away. Would like to see a grey/silver home uni and a black for the road added to the wardrobe. Kids go for this stuff these days, but we're too friggin' stuffy.

I still vote for white with blue pinstripes as the third uni.

Still think Billiken head front and center would be bad ass as an alternative jersey.

I have also been a proponent of that jersey, similar to Gonzaga. They have a boring nickname like the bulldog, yet it looks cool when they do the logo head on the front. I don't think the program capitalizes on the fact that we have a unique nickname. And for a program like ours that has an unusual nickname, our uniforms tend to be conventional and rather vanilla.

I feel like we have a few grown men that wear jerseys advocating all these uniforms. I don't trust grown men that wear jerseys so I advocate we stick with home and away. If we had too, I could handle a Billiken Head Logo cause that will increase 3PT % by at least 14% for the team.

I feel like we have a few grown men that wear jerseys advocating all these uniforms. I don't trust grown men that wear jerseys so I advocate we stick with home and away. If we had too, I could handle a Billiken Head Logo cause that will increase 3PT % by at least 14% for the team.

We're not a top tier program that need to stay true to its historical roots. Who cares how crazy our jerseys get? Not like anyone besides the people on this board know anything about the history of this squad. At least it'll give people something to talk about

We're not a top tier program that need to stay true to its historical roots. Who cares how crazy our jerseys get? Not like anyone besides the people on this board know anything about the history of this squad. At least it'll give people something to talk about

Not to mention there aren't any real uniform-related roots to cling to. We haven't even been able to settle on what the secondary color is--powder blue, red, black, gray, and I'm probably forgetting another one or two in the last 25 years alone.

I want to go on record and state that I believe a grown man that wears a jersey should not be president of the United States.*

*wearing a jersey casually not as a member of a sports team. So recreational softball players and athletes could still be worthy of the office

I want to go on record and state that I believe a grown man that wears a jersey should not be president of the United States.*

*wearing a jersey casually not as a member of a sports team. So recreational softball players and athletes could still be worthy of the office

I will wear a jersey to sporting events. No other time.

Disqualified from Presidency.

Anyone else want to self identify?