Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He made Earl Austins FOURTH team in the STL American...hope he makes first team next season...

I made a joke to one of my brothers the other day that under Crews we are back to picking up commits from second team all GAC conference type players much like the Sodie years and this seems like a case in point

I have said this numerous times but I will say it again; this is by no means a shot at the kid. I have two sons and if either make any sort of all conference team in high school I would be unbelievably proud and rightfully so. This kid is a very nice basketball player. It just seems to me like he would be better suited at an SIU E or SEMO than playing in the A-10

No, I haven't seen him play but if he made Earl's FOURTH team (and lets give the man his due; Earl Austin knows more about area high school talent than just about anyone) I do not think it bodes well for his time playing in the A-10

I made a joke to one of my brothers the other day that under Crews we are back to picking up commits from second team all GAC conference type players much like the Sodie years and this seems like a case in point

I have said this numerous times but I will say it again; this is by no means a shot at the kid. I have two sons and if either make any sort of all conference team in high school I would be unbelievably proud and rightfully so. This kid is a very nice basketball player. It just seems to me like he would be better suited at an SIU E or SEMO than playing in the A-10

No, I haven't seen him play but if he made Earl's FOURTH team (and lets give the man his due; Earl Austin knows more about area high school talent than just about anyone) I do not think it bodes well for his time playing in the A-10

You will be happy to hear Earl thinks "this is a very good get for coach Jim Crews and his staff".

Yea here is Earl's thoughts on Zeke. Calls him one of "most talented offensive players in St. Louis Metropolitan area" but says he needs to work on his strength to develop into a factor in the A10.

http://earlaustinjr.com/?p=8339

I am coming out of hibernation to pose a question on this topic.

Would this be a player that Rick Majerus would have recruited?

RM was always on the lookout for good shooters. It was RM who coined the now famous term ....the 180 shooter...the gold standard for detemining if someone was an elite shooter. ...FG%+3pt%+FT%=180+

Using Pistol's stats Moore was 62.8%+52.2%+79.4%=194.4

So in RM's eyes this guy was a shooter. The answer to the question above is ...yes he probably is a player RM would have recruited.

Just for comparison Jeremiah Tillmon and Brendon Gooch are also on the Fourth Team. Earl has a D-2 commit on his Second Team. Moore is the only player from a losing team on any of Earl's teams. Whether Moore makes either of the first two teams next year is directly related to how many games Riverview Gardens wins next season.

One thing that I like about the about kid beyond the numbers is that he obviously wanted to be a Billiken.

Crap, you're right. I'm a fool. I think it was the fact that I couldn't find ANYTHING about him on the World Wide Internet that I was so down. Welcome aboard, Zeke. Lift weights and eat food and run a lot so you can play defense and not get pushed around and still have the legs to hit tons of hateful threes for us. Welcome to the Billikens!

Just for comparison Jeremiah Tillmon and Brendon Gooch are also on the Fourth Team. Earl has a D-2 commit on his Second Team. Moore is the only player from a losing team on any of Earl's teams. Whether Moore makes either of the first two teams next year is directly related to how many games Riverview Gardens wins next season.

Sneed was third team on the Post Dispatch all Metro team

The 180 shooter...the gold standard for detemining if someone was an elite shooter. ...FG%+3pt%+FT%=180+

So in RM's eyes this guy was a shooter. The answer to the question above is ...yes he probably is a player RM would have recruited.

I like that measurement. Going to start thinking in those terms more often. Thanks for that stat.

(By the way, I think Jordan Goodwin is the perfect Majerus recruit. Now, Goodwin's line was 56.4/30.4/63.9 (for a total of 150.7), but he's only going to be a junior and has the perfect build for a Majerus team. Just saying.)

I don't know where to put this:

Iowa State, Wisconsin, St. Louis, Wiu, Northern Iowa, IUPUI, William & Mary, Semo those here for Javon Pickett, Kobe King, Luke Loewe...

Those are all 2017 kids. Working on that list now, but the Recruiting - 2017 thread is probably the best spot for it.

We've had the first wave of Shaq and Shaquille babies already reach college hoops. Now we've got the Kobe kids in HS. I'm hoping this makes everyone feel old. Just wait for the LeBrons in a few years.

I like that measurement. Going to start thinking in those terms more often. Thanks for that stat.

(By the way, I think Jordan Goodwin is the perfect Majerus recruit. Now, Goodwin's line was 56.4/30.4/63.9 (for a total of 150.7), but he's only going to be a junior and has the perfect build for a Majerus team. Just saying.)

Well, I would think he could add a whole lot to his FT shooting and hit a few more 3 balls.

Of course, FT shooting hasn't been a strong point even with some of our best players.

Pistol, 150 is a long, long way from 180, especially for a 6'3" player.

I am coming out of hibernation to pose a question on this topic.

Would this be a player that Rick Majerus would have recruited?

RM was always on the lookout for good shooters. It was RM who coined the now famous term ....the 180 shooter...the gold standard for detemining if someone was an elite shooter. ...FG%+3pt%+FT%=180+

Does anyone know the accuracy of those stats? Shooting 52.2% from 3 (the NCAA leader last season was at 48.8% with only 6 players 45% or above) and 62.8% from the field (the NCAA leader last season was at 68.8% with only 3 players above 62.8% (none were guys shooting 3s consistently)) for a volume shooter is insane, right? As comparison Blake Ahearn who was historically the best free throw shooter in college basketball history (94.6% for his career), had 176.2, 171.4, 174, and 185.6 at Missouri State (177.7 for his career). For those who have seen him play, is he a Blake Ahearn caliber shooter?

I like the kids size. Especially if we can have him at 2 or 3. There could be any number of factors for him having a low rank. Playing for a crap team sure doesn't help matters. I was reading last night that he played for the Eagles at one point, obviously he had to have been fairly decent to play for them. I just wonder why he left and played for this other AAU team. I try to place very little judgment on a player based on their "rankings or stars". Most of its a crapshoot and why should I believe what a small group of people think. Miles reynolds (who I still think can develop into a solid A-10 player) was given a 3 star by rivals. Seems reasonable that ZM COULD be a better player, yet have a lower rating simply because we are comparing the exposure of a losing riverview gardens team to the exposure of the state Champs from CHICAGO.... (who just so happened to have the number one recruit that class as well). Just saying...unless its the true elite McDonalds players....I could care less about ratings/rankings/stars/etc of some websites who most likely didn't even spend a few minutes really looking at a kid.

The obvious pluses with this kid, he can shoot the ball well, and all season long he should have been the main target for defences. He has great size, once he adds some muscle (hopefully this next year he focuses a lot on that), this kid could have fantastic size for this accurate of a shooter. All in all, I think it's a solid get; but as a Billiken fan...I always try to be optimistic.

Does anyone know the accuracy of those stats? Shooting 52.2% from 3 (the NCAA leader last season was at 48.8% with only 6 players 45% or above) and 62.8% from the field (the NCAA leader last season was at 68.8% with only 3 players above 62.8% (none were guys shooting 3s consistently)) for a volume shooter is insane, right? As comparison Blake Ahearn who was historically the best free throw shooter in college basketball history (94.6% for his career), had 176.2, 171.4, 174, and 185.6 at Missouri State (177.7 for his career). For those who have seen him play, is he a Blake Ahearn caliber shooter?

This is a good question and I tried to begin my comments last night with the disclaimer that HS stats aren't always perfectly accurate. But even if they're off, they can't be that far off...right?