Changes in Branding for Athletics

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I am in the minority who likes the "old" Billikens and like to see it still around. In fact,  I wear a needle point belt with the "old" Billiken all the time.  At the same time, SLU should really only be using the new Billiken logo by now.

On August 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM, bonwich said:

So, speaking of the usual incompetence (as I just did in a season ticket upgrade thread): Sometime during the past week I got an email from the "Saint Louis Billikens Online Store." Guess which logo was at the top? (No, really, I suppose you don't have to guess.)

Mobile Site has the old Billiken, while the desktop site has been updated. It's been about ten months since the change. 

image.png

image.png

22 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Mobile Site has the old Billiken, while the desktop site has been updated. It's been about ten months since the change. 

image.png

image.png

The screen grab I posted is from the "official online store's" regular emails, whose template is also apparently too sophisticated for our athletic department to manage. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 2:57 PM, hsmith19 said:

It was fun. Pretty nice blue t-shirt with a white Cardinal logo and the new Billiken logo on the sleeve. The band played before the game and a few of the players hung out (I saw Hines and Jalen Johnson). Didn't see Ford himself except down on the field.

My issue with the shirt is that I'm never going to wear a blue shirt to a Cardinals game.  I probably wouldn't wear it to a Billikens game either because it has the Cardinal on it.  I'd have rather had it be a blue shirt with the StL logo.