OT: St. Louis professional sports discussion (2015)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Rams are a joke, but I don't hear that much criticism of Jeff Fisher or Les Snead. Does anyone know why the media is so "friendly" to those two? Assuming the team skips out of town, I guess I really don't care, but they should not have jobs with the Rams beyond the next month.

The Rams are a joke, but I don't hear that much criticism of Jeff Fisher or Les Snead. Does anyone know why the media is so "friendly" to those two? Assuming the team skips out of town, I guess I really don't care, but they should not have jobs with the Rams beyond the next month.

Listen to 920. 101 usually does too. Randy and Bsrnie usually do a pretty good job of holding Fisher accountable

• 1 month later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14512603/rams-owner-stan-kroenke-assert-st-louis-better-2-sport-city-los-angeles-relocation-application

Hahaha wow. The amount of BS coming from the Kroenke group is just downright hilarious.

"No NFL club would be interested in the RSA's New St. Louis Stadium," the application reads. "Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed." :lol:

The statement was pretty ballsy in its talk-out-of-both-sidesness. On one hand St. Louis doesn't deserve a team because it never gave Kroenke the top-tier stadium it promised him. On the other hand St. Louis doesn't deserve a team because the market is so terrible that even a publicly financed top-tier stadium would wreck any franchise and the entire league.

Does he think people have forgotten that the NFL has nobody to blame but Kroenke himself for putting a franchise in this supposedly moribund market to begin with? The market is strong enough that THF is still headquartered here, and that he's kept vomiting out newer, bigger, and uglier commercial developments over the past 20 years--Chesterfield Commons, Wentzville Crossroads, High Ridge Commons, etc.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14512603/rams-owner-stan-kroenke-assert-st-louis-better-2-sport-city-los-angeles-relocation-application

Hahaha wow. The amount of BS coming from the Kroenke group is just downright hilarious.

"No NFL club would be interested in the RSA's New St. Louis Stadium," the application reads. "Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed." :lol:

If the NBA can remove a franchise from an owner for private but racial comments, what does an NFL owner have to do to his City to lose his franchise? Making Kroenke stay in St. Louis after today's report will hurt the league as well as Kroenke. And did not Kroenke help steal the Rams from the coveted LA market?

And what did Kroenke not know about the St. Louis market, fans, stadium, etc. when he purchased the other 60% only 5 years ago. Seems to me that if St Louis is so bad now, St. Louis was not much better 5 years ago and that Kroenke should have sold his 40% rather than bought Georgia's 60%.

My only real question: is Kroenke really angling for Los Angeles or for London?

LA. London is a much bigger question mark and recent polling of London fans shows they'd rather get multiple games with different teams than their own squad.

If the league is able to expand to a 17 or 18 game schedule after the next CBA negotition, look for a permanent international series to start where every team has one game out of the country per year. About half would be in London with Mexico, Canada, and Germany getting the others.