Mercy Killing or Revival?

slu72

Well, tonight it's either all over for this dismal season, or a revival of they one more game hope syndrome. We saw what Furman pulled off in the SoCon, although they fell short in the championship game and dashed their dreams of a last to dance season, and thought, "hey that could be us". I doubt it happens, but who knows?

There have been games this year we've been competitive with some of the A10's best, but the last 3 games have been very uninspiring affairs to say the least. Still, if we could get by a couple of the bottom feeders and generate some momentum going against the best, well, who knows? Again, I don't hold out much hope as it appears the team is looking forward to spring break and some time away from the hoops grind. Of course, a couple of Ws could change this perception in the blink of an eye.

Anyways, good luck tonight SLU. Would really like to see a W against lowly DU.

I'm hoping this trip to New York and midterms being over revived the team. For some reason we struggle with Duquesne even when we're good so I'm not expecting the world but we'll see what happens. I just hope to see some fight if we go down early.

My fear is that this team doesn't have the confidence to win tonight or make any sort of run. We have had some really bad losses all year and of late. That can be a confidence killer. I certainly hope this team just doesn't throw in the towel if they get down early.

Well, tonight it's either all over for this dismal season, or a revival of they one more game hope syndrome. We saw what Furman pulled off in the SoCon, although they fell short in the championship game and dashed their dreams of a last to dance season, and thought, "hey that could be us". I doubt it happens, but who knows?

There have been games this year we've been competitive with some of the A10's best, but the last 3 games have been very uninspiring affairs to say the least. Still, if we could get by a couple of the bottom feeders and generate some momentum going against the best, well, who knows? Again, I don't hold out much hope as it appears the team is looking forward to spring break and some time away from the hoops grind. Of course, a couple of Ws could change this perception in the blink of an eye.

Anyways, good luck tonight SLU. Would really like to see a W against lowly DU.

Will all that said...72 took the Dukes -3.5

A win tonight would really help make the offseason a little more bearable.

Barring another 20 point game against GW, I would probably agree that a win tonight will help a little bit. But at the same time, we already beat Duquesne this year so a win won't make me feel that great.

Back when I'd play golf from time to time, I would often play horribly for 17 holes while telling myself I hate this game and I'm never playing again. Then somehow on the 18th hole, I'd manage to put together 2 or 3 good shots in a row and end up with a par. All of a sudden I loved golf again and couldn't wait until my next time out.

Win every game you can and go into the off season on a positive note.

Back when I'd play golf from time to time, I would often play horribly for 17 holes while telling myself I hate this game and I'm never playing again. Then somehow on the 18th hole, I'd manage to put together 2 or 3 good shots in a row and end up with a par. All of a sudden I loved golf again and couldn't wait until my until next time out.

Thats cuz you're hammered by the 18th hole

Barring another 20 point game against GW, I would probably agree that a win tonight will help a little bit. But at the same time, we already beat Duquesne this year so a win won't make me feel that great.

Then again, we couldn't beat Texas A&M Christy Canyon or South Dakota State (who lost to ND State for a trip to the Dance last night), so notching a victory against just about anyone would be a plus.

Sorry, but it took our best game of the year, and a horrible night of FT shooting for Duquesne for us to beat the Dukes. Then we looked totally outclassed by them on the road. Sorry, but I don't think this team has it in them to be competitive tonight.

That said, I usually guess wrong about these things so I hope I wind up :wacko: about it and we win.

This is pretty much the best possible matchup for us, in spite of the loss at their place. Their defense is terrible. That had a lot to do with us scoring a season-high against them at Chaifetz. They've already given up 80+ points in nine games, including some really bad teams. They're 343rd in PA/G and 336th in three point defense.

This is pretty much the best possible matchup for us, in spite of the loss at their place. Their defense is terrible. That had a lot to do with us scoring a season-high against them at Chaifetz. They've already given up 80+ points in nine games, including some really bad teams. They're 343rd in PA/G and 336th in three point defense.

I agree completely. Duquesne plays the softest zone defense I have ever seen, it is shocking that zone is their primary defense. Considering our inability to make plays going one on one and turn over issues I will take our chances against their soft zone defense. We are going to get a lot of wide open looks, just have to make them and prevent them from getting those on the other end.

I agree completely. Duquesne plays the softest zone defense I have ever seen, it is shocking that zone is their primary defense. Considering our inability to make plays going one on one and turn over issues I will take our chances against their soft zone defense. We are going to get a lot of wide open looks, just have to make them and prevent them from getting those on the other end.

Exactly. Which is why Bartley has done so well against them. I'd like to see another 3+ 3-pointer night from him. I'd like to see more McBroom tonight.

We have absolutely nothing to lose tonight. Let's throw everything at them.

I just can't imagine losing to this Duqesne team twice. They're not good at all, and so poorly coached.

If we are going to insist on the usual straight up man-to-man defense, I'd get in Reggie's face and Gillmann's face and say "you are an island" because if you are starting and covering McKoy and Lewis, expect no help. Our perimeter players will go wherever Mason and Colter go and there will be no double downs on the inside. I do not believe Duquesne can win without Mason and Colter. I would challenge McKoy and Lewis to be the ones that beat us.