GDT: Take Down the Champs

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't make any brash statements yet-still not convinced he's the real deal

Who is? I'm not. The stupid brash statement was that he was a recruiting mistake. Don't remember who made it but to make that statement about a 6'10" big you've seen play for what 100 minutes in his frosh year is ludicrous.

When we miss a shot our players suck when we hit a 3 pointer they are future all A10 performers

Who is? I'm not. The stupid brash statement was that he was a recruiting mistake. Don't remember who made it but to make that statement about a 6'10" big you've seen play for what 100 minutes in his frosh year is ludicrous.

When we miss a shot our players suck when we hit a 3 pointer they are future all A10 performers

+1

Skip, you just need to grab your ball of common sense and go play somewhere else. Didn't you know if a player doesn't put in a bunch of points, he's horrible? Didn't you realize that if a 3 star recruit freshman doesn't come in and dominate in his first games, first weeks, first year that he sucks?

+1

Skip, you just need to grab your ball of common sense and go play somewhere else. Didn't you know if a player doesn't put in a bunch of points, he's horrible? Didn't you realize that if a 3 star recruit freshman doesn't come in and dominate in his first games, first weeks, first year that he sucks?

i agree with Skip, our Board is high or low depending on wins or losses, not performances. I personally don't think that we played very well last night, but i hear everyone gushing over our players all of a sudden because we got a W. We need to play better, period, doesn't matter at this point if fwe win or lose, we should be concentrating on our offensive system and how the kids are learning it

We've beaten St. Joes 9 straight times. This is tied for our longest active team winning streak. We've also beaten Indian St. and Chicago St 9 straight times.

This is the longest streak we have had over a team in the A10. Our longest team series winning streaks -

Drake 19 games from 47-58

Wichita St 16 games from 46-56

Tulsa 14 games from 56-63

Tulsa 13 games from 46-52

North Texas 11 games from 58-63

St. Johns 9 games from 53-62

St. Joseph's 9 games from 07-current

Chicago St 9 games from 87-current

Indiana St 9 games from 85-current

Not sure about all of you but one thing I can't stand to see anymore is our inbound plays underneath the basketball when we throw the ball all the way into the backcourt. Is there nothing else we can run there? Do we have that little faith in our inbound plays that we don't even try to accomplish anything? That is driving me crazy. We need offense as much as anything and a good inbound play can create easy baskets. This strategy doesn't make any sense to me. I'm over it.

Agreed ..it drives me crazy too along with everyone seated around me who have to listen to me complain every time we do it...numerous times we have thrown it all the way into the backcourt this season with the shot clock at 15 seconds or less and dribble back with not enough time to get a good shot off ..makes no sense to me why we do it either.

Agreed ..it drives me crazy too along with everyone seated around me who have to listen to me complain every time we do it...numerous times we have thrown it all the way into the backcourt this season with the shot clock at 15 seconds or less and dribble back with not enough time to get a good shot off ..makes no sense to me why we do it either.

Thank you. I thought maybe I was the only person really bothered by this. I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it this way.

Believe same thing said about JM-look how that came out

To think those two are near the same level skill wise is moronic. Jolly is our most skilled big and it's not close. The difference between him and the others is that he seems to have the basketball iq of my grandmother

To think those two are near the same level skill wise is moronic. Jolly is our most skilled big and it's not close. The difference between him and the others is that he seems to have the basketball iq of my grandmother

Agree.

You never give up on a big this early unless he has some other extenuating circumstance. I can see Jolly being very valuable when we go up against post-up type centers. Like that big center from Jamaica that GW has.

Really?

in term of skill - dribbling, shooting, post moves, yes. Note I didn't say best. Gillmann producing much more atm

Absolutely. Gillmann seems to be putting more on the stat sheets, but he doesn't look good doing it. Right place, right time. BJ, however, creates his own shot and it's a pretty creation. His Dirk Nowitzki baseline-fadeaway jumper? You can't teach that to just anybody. When it's all said and done, I'd take BJ 10/10 over Gillmann. Compare stats after 2018-2019, and Jolly will show he was far more valuable.

Absolutely. Gillmann seems to be putting more on the stat sheets, but he doesn't look good doing it. Right place, right time. BJ, however, creates his own shot and it's a pretty creation. His Dirk Nowitzki baseline-fadeaway jumper? You can't teach that to just anybody. When it's all said and done, I'd take BJ 10/10 over Gillmann. Compare stats after 2018-2019, and Jolly will show he was far more valuable.

Both are going to be good players for us. Once AG puts on some weight, he'll be a stud

You guys are watching a different Jolly than me. I've yet to see the decent post move. The one he tried last game was very awkward and was blocked. I haven't seen a hook(every big man needs a hook). At first I thought he had a decent long range shot, but he hasn't made a 3 in quite a while and they haven't looked good when he takes them.

I think he has potential, but I don't see all these developed skills at this point. I do see him using his body and trying to muscle. Definitely potential there. He also has his twisty, turny, kick the knee up fade away jumper he's made a couple of times. He needs to develope a couple post moves and a hook to be a good steady contributor.