Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:17 AM, Franchise_08 said:

With the amount of Guards offered in 2018, maybe TF is concerned with the future at this position.

Today Foster Loyer was offered by SLU. 3 star PG out of Michigan.

Verbal Commits calculates 4 PG and 10 SGs offered.

Loyer has offers from SLU, DePaul, Michigan State, Toledo, and Oakland. Interest from Davidson, Butler, Ohio State, Indiana, Penn State, Stanford, Tulsa, and Lehigh. Michigan State is thought to have the inside track at this point, but Butler, Indiana, and Ohio State have all been in frequent contact and he's visited them all, too. He's a fringe top-100 player in the rankings, considered the top PG in Michigan in the 2018 class. Most of the scouting reports are what you'd expect for a 6-foot, 160-lb. white point guard - tough, smart, etc. - and he's also got a really nice shot and good range.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2016 at 0:05 PM, Pistol said:

Karrington Davis (6-5, Chaminade) is starting to blow up. So far, only Mississippi State has shown interest but it sure sounds like his situation is changing rapidly. Good stuff in the article

According to Scott Burgess SLU has offered Karrington Davis, I will have to get out to see him play at Chaminade this winter. At this point he has offers from Middle Tennessee State and SLU.

Scott Burgess: Chaminade (MO) 2018 SF Karrington Davis lands St. Louis #Billikens offer #SLU @STLEaglesBBall @VerbalCommits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Courtney Ramey has "trimmed" his list to the following 20 schools:

Cal, Arkansas, Mizzou, K-State, SLU, Florida, Rhode Island, Wake Forest, Ole Miss, Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Northwestern, Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa, Texas, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Texas A&M.

I'd put our odds at 5% for the time being.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Cal, Arkansas, Mizzou, K-State, SLU, Florida, Rhode Island, Wake Forest, Ole Miss, Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Northwestern, Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa, Texas, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Texas A&M.

From everything i hear around webster; cal, mizzou, slu, creighton, illinois, and texas seem to be his favorites

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

From everything i hear around webster; cal, mizzou, slu, creighton, illinois, and texas seem to be his favorites

I don't understand why we don't try to use one of the staff positions as part of a package deal.  They could be trying to and nobody could be biting.  Seems to me that hiring a guy like Terrell Ramey could help you big time with three guys that you are targeting.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Thought mr ramey and gordon had a falling out?  

Ive also heard of courtney wanting to leave WG, which is not ideal.

Didn't know about a falling out between them.  That would change things.  Thought Gordon left the Ramey Jets because he wanted to play for a Nike team and choose Mo Kan over the Eagles so he wouldn't help the top local program that Ramey tries to compete with.

Gordon isn't a headcase but he and his family have some peculiar notions.

Ramey has been grooming his son since he was in the crib.  He's a high major recruit but not exactly what he was projected to be when he was 11 or 12.  High schools mean nothing anymore.  If Ramey left to raise his profile somewhere else it wouldn't surprise me at all.  Taking a circuitous route worked for Mccaw, it could work for Ramey.  A lot was banking on Courtney being a one and doner, now he is projecting to be an overseas player.

13 hours ago, brianstl said:

I don't understand why we don't try to use one of the staff positions as part of a package deal.  They could be trying to and nobody could be biting.  Seems to me that hiring a guy like Terrell Ramey could help you big time with three guys that you are targeting.

Terrell would have to take a significant pay cut for this to happen.  Assistants at SLU aren't exactly raking in the dough.  

7 hours ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Terrell would have to take a significant pay cut for this to happen.  Assistants at SLU aren't exactly raking in the dough.  

Do you actually know what they are paid?  It was my understanding that we are paying a reasonable salary.

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

Ramey has been grooming his son since he was in the crib.  He's a high major recruit but not exactly what he was projected to be when he was 11 or 12.  High schools mean nothing anymore.  If Ramey left to raise his profile somewhere else it wouldn't surprise me at all.  Taking a circuitous route worked for Mccaw, it could work for Ramey.  A lot was banking on Courtney being a one and doner, now he is projecting to be an overseas player.

What was banking on Courtney being a one and doner?

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Terrell Ramey is what, 5'6" in shoes? If that guy has been grooming his son to be an NBA lottery pick since birth, he's truly insane. If he were a 7-foot NBA veteran, that's one thing. But he's not, and the fact that Courtney is 6'2" and might have another inch or two is as good as he could possibly hope for.

This article says a lot: "I think it's unfair personally, because I'm going to criticize everything he does -- from blinking, breathing, not running hard enough...every little thing that some coaches probably wouldn't be as passionate about because I can because that's my son." The article is titled "Father-son moments numerous for Arkansas recruit" and tries to be a heartwarming personal story, but all I see is an insanely overbearing parent who has put all his chips on his son cashing an NBA paycheck someday, and who knows what will fill the void if that doesn't work out.

Crazy sports parents are the worst.

For Courtney, winning a national championship in the fourth grade is his favorite father-son moment.

A telling comment.  Courtney, while a very good player is going to peak at 10 years old.  

How much does Ramey make as an AAU coach?  I think he did have another job at one time but he doesn't anymore.  He puts on a couple tournaments and events around town.  I have no idea what he makes off of those.

Ramey is a good coach.  It has been obvious that his motivation in building his program has been to get his offspring into the NBA.  That does not seem likely as of right now.

29 minutes ago, thetorch said:

A telling comment.  Courtney, while a very good player is going to peak at 10 years old.  

How much does Ramey make as an AAU coach?  I think he did have another job at one time but he doesn't anymore.  He puts on a couple tournaments and events around town.  I have no idea what he makes off of those.

Ramey is a good coach.  It has been obvious that his motivation in building his program has been to get his offspring into the NBA.  That does not seem likely as of right now.

Terrell Ramey is Director of Community Relations at Cardinal Ritter Prep.  My guess is that might the reason there are rumors about Courtney leaving Webster.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Terrell Ramey is Director of Community Relations at Cardinal Ritter Prep.  My guess is that might the reason there are rumors about Courtney leaving Webster.

I assume this is a new development?  Randy Reed surely has his hand in this.

Team Ramey may be 20 years old but the other classes were an after thought.  You rarely see an AAU program director coaching the 3rd grade team.

Just now, thetorch said:

I assume this is a new development?  Randy Reed surely has his hand in this.

Team Ramey may be 20 years old but the other classes were an after thought.  You rarely see an AAU program director coaching the 3rd grade team.

He has been at Ritter for about a year.