Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

This.

Also, 2 stars is the default rating for players not yet evaluated - which, again, is common for sophomores.

Do yourselves a favor and ignore star ratings. Take a more comprehensive approach instead of looking at a digit next to a kid's name.

So what you are saying is.....GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Karrington Davis (6-5, Chaminade) is starting to blow up. So far, only Mississippi State has shown interest but it sure sounds like his situation is changing rapidly. Good stuff in the article, and here are some recent tweets:

Prep Hoops Missouri @PrepHoopsMO 1h1 hour ago

6'5 2018 SF Karrington Davis of the @STLEaglesBBall/Chaminade 16U was a breakout performer at the Nike MDC in ATL.

PrepHoopsForce @PrepHoopsAForce May 29

2018 WG Karrington Davis (MO) has been excellent for STL Eagles 16u all weekend in Atlanta. #EYBL Next @CCPBasketball superstar.

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 May 29

You want to talk about a stock boosting weekend? Not sure anyone has done it better than Karrington Davis. Knockdown shooter + athleticism

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 May 28

Karrington Davis. Buy. Stock. Now! Smooth, three level scorer of the ball with an incredible pace to his game

PrepHoopsForce @PrepHoopsAForce May 28

Player of the game thus far has been 2018 SG Karrington Davis (MO). Defending exceptionally well. 3's. Slashing. @STLEaglesBBall

(h/t to TheChosenOne)

Karrington Davis (6-5, Chaminade) is starting to blow up. So far, only Mississippi State has shown interest but it sure sounds like his situation is changing rapidly. Good stuff in the article, and here are some recent tweets:

(h/t to TheChosenOne)

As a Chaminade alum, Karrington Davis is certainly intriguing. I did not get a real good feel for his game this past season with him playing behind so many seniors, but he certainly has the length and natural athleticism to be a D1 wing. It will be interesting to see how he and Hellems look as more featured players this coming season.

Does anyone know anything about Fred Thatch from Sikeston? I have not seen him play, but what I have heard about him sounds fairly similar to what was said about Jordan Goodwin at a similar age. Sounds like a ferocious competitor with natural strength and toughness.

As a Chaminade alum, Karrington Davis is certainly intriguing. I did not get a real good feel for his game this past season with him playing behind so many seniors, but he certainly has the length and natural athleticism to be a D1 wing. It will be interesting to see how he and Hellems look as more featured players this coming season.

Does anyone know anything about Fred Thatch from Sikeston? I have not seen him play, but what I have heard about him sounds fairly similar to what was said about Jordan Goodwin at a similar age. Sounds like a ferocious competitor with natural strength and toughness.

I've been expecting to hear more about Thatch this summer, too. He definitely reads like Goodwin on paper, especially if you look at what Earl has to say about each of them. Very similar superlatives.

Nice to see that the cupboard isn't totally bare at CCP with the Tatum-Cook-Gladson-Lewis class gone. Since things have been so quiet on Davis in the early going, his development with the Eagles this summer is a pleasant surprise. Hellems, on the other hand, is one who was hyped coming into freshman season and the recruiting buzz has been more modest ever since. I'm not sure whether they'll both be back, but as of now Chaminade still has the Vrucinic kid and a 6-11 Canadian who will be eligible in the fall.

When was the last time St. Louis had four 4* in one class?

I'd imagine Ramey, Gordon, Watson, and Davis will all be 4/5*

While I don't necessarily think it's a given that all four of those guys (particularly Watson) will be consensus top 100 prospects, I cannot think of a time in recent memory when there were four players in St. Louis rated that highly. The best class in recent memory was either this past year (led by Tatum, Cook, Snead) or 2011 (BJ Young, McLemore and Beal).

It's very interesting that only one of those guys plays for the Eagles.

I guess Thatch did get early offers from Tulsa and Mizzou, so he's definitely an earlier bloomer than Goodwin. He says Creighton has been recruiting him hard, as well.

I guess Thatch did get early offers from Tulsa and Mizzou, so he's definitely an earlier bloomer than Goodwin. He says Creighton has been recruiting him hard, as well.

How loaded was that Ramey team a few years ago? I see that Thatch played with them as well.

While I don't necessarily think it's a given that all four of those guys (particularly Watson) will be consensus top 100 prospects, I cannot think of a time in recent memory when there were four players in St. Louis rated that highly. The best class in recent memory was either this past year (led by Tatum, Cook, Snead) or 2011 (BJ Young, McLemore and Beal).

It's very interesting that only one of those guys plays for the Eagles.

What is the story about the Eagles? Have they lost their dominance? Competition? What?

What is the story about the Eagles? Have they lost their dominance? Competition? What?

I think the thing was Team Ramey had Ramey for the obvious reason and the other kids wanted to play with their buddy. I think the Eagles have a loaded group coming up.

The Eagles are absolutely loaded at the 16U level and have a few kids playing up with the top team as well, so there is still plenty of talent in their program. It is a little odd that some of the better St. Louis kids in the 2018 class are not playing for them though (Carte'Are Gordon, Courtney Ramey, and Torrence Watson). The 17U team will be playing in the Peach Jam, so they still pieced together a really quality team after Tatum and with one of their top players out all EYBL season (Jeremiah Tilmon).

Looking at the 16U roster the elite 2019 kids on their team are from Poplar Bluff (Marcedus Leech), Nashville (James Wiseman), and Normal (Francis Okoro).

I think it's really weird that Gordon's not playing with any STL AAU team. My guess is he's trying really hard to end up at ku.

On the surface Carte'Are Gordon would seem to make the most sense since he is playing with MOKAN Elite, one of the top teams in the EYBL this season. Playing on a team with guys like Michael Porter and Trae Young has likely given him significant exposure and he appears to be having a nice spring averaging 10.3 points (3rd on the team) on 61.3% shooting (2nd on the team) and 6.2 rebounds (2nd on the team). His numbers are significantly better than fellow 2018 big Jontay Porter's.

Watson and Ramey playing with Ramey-Jets United seems more questionable to me since I am assuming that program does not compete on the same level as the Eagles.

Not a ton of info available on Wynston Tabbs yet. We're the second program to offer, after UNC-Greensboro. He's taken an unofficial visit to Maryland.

He's a 6-2, 180 lb. shooting guard from St. Mary's Ryken HS in Leonardtown, Maryland. He's a dynamic scorer, a good shooter who also gets to the basket a lot and loves to get it done in transition. He scored about 13 PPG as a sophomore and was named Third Team All-Conference in the loaded WCAC (DeMatha, Gonzaga Prep, Paul VI, Bishop McNamara, St. John's, Bishop O'Connell, etc.). Plays AAU ball for Team Melo.