Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here's an interview with Karrington Davis. Sounds like he likes Ford a lot and the idea of playing with Goodwin and the guys who have already committed. SLU and Middle Tennessee are recruiting him the hardest.

1) I'd be happy with Davis or Watson

2) Add one of those two players, and the 2018 class is incredibly strong. It is important for Ford to 'stack classes' to keep up the talent level.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

2) Add one of those two players, and the 2018 class is incredibly strong. It is important for Ford to 'stack classes' to keep up the talent level.

Ford needs to get athletes in here that will cut into Henriquez and Bess' 2018-2019 minutes.  Cart'Are will put Foreman into a substitute roll.

22 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

How would those who have seen both play compare the two? From what I've heard, both are very good shooters. Davis might be more athletic than Watson, but is more raw. 

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

How would those who have seen both play compare the two? From what I've heard, both are very good shooters. Davis might be more athletic than Watson, but is more raw. 

-Davis has a more developed body and with that is stronger, Davis plays on a better team so there are other offensive options which impacts his numbers, Watson probably has the better outside shot, Davis better inside, put a gun to my head today and I say Davis but it is not a case of good versus bad 

-surprised there are not more bigger schools on Davis

5 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Davis sounds like he is ready to commit today.  I mean by watching that video.  

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like SLU would be his favorite right now if he had to choose one. Although that was the only school he was individually asked about in the video, so maybe he would have said similar things about some of the other schools if he was asked.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-Davis has a more developed body and with that is stronger, Davis plays on a better team so there are other offensive options which impacts his numbers, Watson probably has the better outside shot, Davis better inside, put a gun to my head today and I say Davis but it is not a case of good versus bad 

-surprised there are not more bigger schools on Davis

-I just looked at Verbal Commits and it has Davis as 2* and Watson as 3*, interesting to me

Check out Chaminade's CSPN Twitter feed for some nice Davis highlights: https://twitter.com/cspnccp

I love the big block on Tim Finke (January 7), and be sure to look for the very subtle man bun on Finke. I also like his dunk on the "HALFTIME!" tweet on 1/17; he covers a lot of ground in just a couple dribbles, and a couple more steps. He really moves nicely, runs the floor well, finishes, blocks. He'd be top 100 for sure with another inch or two, but who knows if he's done growing. He's had to play big for CCP this season - they don't start a 5-man, as 6-11 Liam Courtney comes off the bench and is still a bit of a project - but they get away with it because they're big at the other positions.

-verbal commits on Davis, note how old the Rivals info is

Profiles

Metric Composite Scout Rivals ESPN
Profile Profile N/A N/A N/A
Star Rating 2★ - - -
Overall Rank - - - -
Position SF - - -
Position Rank - - - -

Rankings Note: Rankings data shown based on latest ESPN Rankings released on 2016-08-25, Scout Rankings released on 2017-01-11, and Rivals Rankings released on 2016-02-02.

- See more at: https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/karrington-davis#sthash.f7whdQqo.dpuf

11 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-verbal commits on Davis, note how old the Rivals info is

Profiles

Metric Composite Scout Rivals ESPN
Profile Profile N/A N/A N/A
Star Rating 2★ - - -
Overall Rank - - - -
Position SF - - -
Position Rank - - - -

Rankings Note: Rankings data shown based on latest ESPN Rankings released on 2016-08-25, Scout Rankings released on 2017-01-11, and Rivals Rankings released on 2016-02-02.

- See more at: https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/karrington-davis#sthash.f7whdQqo.dpuf

Verbal has been off awhile which is disappointing since some players are ranked in the average way below what they are

On 1/20/2017 at 5:17 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

Verbal has been off awhile which is disappointing since some players are ranked in the average way below what they are

Hello, this is Nathan LeClair, CEO of Verbal Commits.

I am disappointed as well and it's been frustrating trying to fix the issues with rankings. The main problem is Rivals; we are having difficulty updating their profiles on VC. I was able to fix Davis's and Watson's ratings to what they should be. Davis is a 3* because he is a 3* on Scout. He is also a 3* on Rivals, but I cannot upload the Rivals page at this time.

Watson is unranked on ESPN, however he is a 4* on Rivals and a 3* Scout. His VC page is now at 3.5*.

If you see any other player pages with incorrect star ratings, please let me know and I'll fix them.

We also are hoping to add 247 ratings at some point.

EDIT: on this post, it lists Tray Hollowell as holding a bunch of offers. However, I confirmed a few weeks back that he does not hold any offers. I left a comment but it was deleted.

1 hour ago, NathanVC said:

Hello, this is Nathan LeClair, CEO of Verbal Commits.

I am disappointed as well and it's been frustrating trying to fix the issues with rankings. The main problem is Rivals; we are having difficulty updating their profiles on VC. I was able to fix Davis's and Watson's ratings to what they should be. Davis is a 3* because he is a 3* on Scout. He is also a 3* on Rivals, but I cannot upload the Rivals page at this time.

Watson is unranked on ESPN, however he is a 4* on Rivals and a 3* Scout. His VC page is now at 3.5*.

If you see any other player pages with incorrect star ratings, please let me know and I'll fix them.

We also are hoping to add 247 ratings at some point.

EDIT: on this post, it lists Tray Hollowell as holding a bunch of offers. However, I confirmed a few weeks back that he does not hold any offers. I left a comment but it was deleted.

Good stuff 

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Jericole Hellems broke the Belleville East Classic's single game scoring record with a 47 point outburst in a Chaminade victory tonight.  Would have scored 50 but he cramped up at the end.   Jordan Goodwin tried his best to match him, racking up 42.

Big night for many of our recruits. I tried to watch the Chaminade/Althoff game on the stream but it kept going out. I believe the final score was 97-94 in REGULATION in high school. that is a lot of points!