Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

16 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I really wanted Kent Williams to sign with SLU.

Wasn't Williams interested in SLU?

i think the bigger mutual attraction was kent's SIU teammate, shaw.  mistakenly soderberg wanted kalen grimes first for the spot and eventually shaw decided he couldnt wait.   big mistake as grimes ended up not coming either.  

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think the bigger mutual attraction was kent's SIU teammate, shaw.  mistakenly soderberg wanted kalen grimes first for the spot and eventually shaw decided he couldnt wait.   big mistake as grimes ended up not coming either.  

My recollection was that Spoon was the one that thought Kent Williams wasn't good enough to play. Soderberg didn't land Shaw but it wasn't for lack of trying as he wanted him very badly, but alas Sodi basically sucked as a recruiter and Shaw went to SIU where he contributed to a Sweet 16 team. I guess some of the attribution of not getting Shaw can be that Grimes was initially a focus, but I think that was a pretty small part of it.

I can't believe this thread has included references to MVC players that ended up killing SLU without mentioning the biggest fish of all that we let get away: Blake Ahearn. Man we had some long threads about that guy back in the day.

2 minutes ago, kshoe said:

My recollection was that Spoon was the one that thought Kent Williams wasn't good enough to play. Soderberg didn't land Shaw but it wasn't for lack of trying as he wanted him very badly, but alas Sodi basically sucked as a recruiter and Shaw went to SIU where he contributed to a Sweet 16 team. I guess some of the attribution of not getting Shaw can be that Grimes was initially a focus, but I think that was a pretty small part of it.

I can't believe this thread has included references to MVC players that ended up killing SLU without mentioning the biggest fish of all that we let get away: Blake Ahearn. Man we had some long threads about that guy back in the day.

That's correct. Spoon passed on Williams and Romar never forgave him for it. Shaw came later than Williams and was a Soderberg recruit. He came down to SLU and SIUC and I think it was a matter of personal preference. I don't think Grimes had anything to do with it.

21 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Kent Williams, just got the Desmet job. Ford's son plays there right? Williams used to coach under Cuonzo at Mo State and UT right? Small world right?  Stop bashing Cuonzo alright? He's done nothing wrong.

This post really does deserve more attention. I hear there's a photo floating around of Kent Williams' father eating breakfast with Crazy Lee Harvey Oswald.

36 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Kent Williams, just got the Desmet job. Ford's son plays there right? Williams used to coach under Cuonzo at Mo State and UT right? Small world right?  Stop bashing Cuonzo alright? He's done nothing wrong.

Why?  Your post on Williams is 100% informative.  Why didn't you stop there Missouri Hoops Insider?

Who are you trying to convince Martin is ethical?  You have conveniently ignored the facts presented on this forum, so it looks like your continual support of Martin is your way of convincing yourself he is on okay. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Why?  Your post on Williams is 100% informative.  Why didn't you stop there Missouri Hoops Insider?

Who are you trying to convince Martin is ethical?  You have conveniently ignored the facts presented on this forum, so it looks like your continual support of Martin is your way of convincing yourself he is on okay. 

What facts about Martin?

proof that is incorrect.   i would only suggest you google pictures for Nitram   (nitram is martin backwards for those of you unwilling to study the word)

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

That's correct. Spoon passed on Williams and Romar never forgave him for it. Shaw came later than Williams and was a Soderberg recruit. He came down to SLU and SIUC and I think it was a matter of personal preference. I don't think Grimes had anything to do with it.

I thought Shaw was interested in a major offered by SIUC, but not offered by SLU or am I misremembering? I do remember the coaches thinking we had him though, would have been a huge get. I had heard Grimes would have certainly been a Billiken had Romar stayed, apparently his mom loved Lorenzo and thought he would be a great mentor for her son.

Nothing to feel bad about, he was committed to Ohio State 2 weeks ago and wasn't an option because you guys think it's wrong to recruit committed but unsigned players and because Ford says he doesn't do that. Ford can recruit his tail off and the Billikens will be fine. He casts a wide recruiting net.

9 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Nothing to feel bad about, he was committed to Ohio State 2 weeks ago and wasn't an option because you guys think it's wrong to recruit committed but unsigned players and because Ford says he doesn't do that. Ford can recruit his tail off and the Billikens will be fine. He casts a wide recruiting net.

Spoken like a true mizzou fanboy vtime..consoling us lowly Billiken fans...

go troll yourself you loser!!

3 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Waiting for the facts that I'm ignoring about Martin

Why do you care what anyone on here thinks about Martin? I can promise you he does not care so I don't see why you should. Even if he is a great guy and people on here are just being spiteful, what does it matter?

Fact: Jeremiah Tillmon was LOI'ed to Illinois.

Fact:  Torrence Watson was verbaled to Ohio State.

Fact: Michael Porter Jr.was LOI'ed to Washington.

Fact: Mizzou hired Martin.

Fact: Martin overpaid/bought Porter Sr.

Fact: Tillmon decomitted and signed with Martin/Mizzou.

Fact: Porter Jr. decomitted and signed with Martin/Mizzou.

Fact:  Watson de-verbaled and signed/commited to Martin/Mizzou.

Conclusion:  I won't paint any more ofthe picture, you'll just rationalize it away in your street-agent-wannabe-way anyway.