Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

I tried to be a fan of both for a few years and couldn't. Still, I can buy the idea of rooting for one as your #1 team and being a more casual fan of the other as your #2 team. But when you feel the need to come on the message board of your #2 team and make all these insincere, passive-aggressive claims of liking both equally, you should expect some pushback. If all the Mizzou-first fans were at least up front about it, they wouldn't be welcomed into the fold as Billiken diehards, but they also wouldn't have to keep up the unconvincing denials when they're outed as such. It would be a lot easier on all of us.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You can be a fan of both

Maybe, but Thicks may be the only one that can pull it off. He's on tigerboard just today defending the bills and I've seen him do it on other occasions. 

I have my doubts that self proclaimed fans of both programs that ONLY post on Billikens.com and always post about mizzou in a positive light are really fans of both programs.

5 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I tried to be a fan of both for a few years and couldn't. Still, I can buy the idea of rooting for one as your #1 team and being a more casual fan of the other as your #2 team. But when you feel the need to come on the message board of your #2 team and make all these insincere, passive-aggressive claims of liking both equally, you should expect some pushback. If all the Mizzou-first fans were at least up front about it, they wouldn't be welcomed into the fold as Billiken diehards, but they also wouldn't have to keep up the unconvincing denials when they're outed as such. It would be a lot easier on all of us.

Lol.  So because you can't do it anyone else is lying.  You win I hate SLU I hope you guys go winless and never get another decent recruit.  I mean damn mizzou fans can be bad but this is just to funny.  You have fun over thinking everything in your life.  

22 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You can be a fan of both

Yet, you never post about your SLU fandom on Tigerboard and you never go on Tigerboard to post about a great player SLU has signed.  You do that about Mizzou on here, but can't manage to do the same for SLU in your posts over on Tigerboard.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Yet, you never post about your SLU fandom on Tigerboard and you never go on Tigerboard to post about a great player SLU has signed.  You do that about Mizzou on here, but can't manage to do the same for SLU in your posts over on Tigerboard.

This is the thing. If you come to this board and talk about Mizzou, I'm going to make fun of you 

9 minutes ago, Slubills23 said:

Lol.  So because you can't do it anyone else is lying.  You win I hate SLU I hope you guys go winless and never get another decent recruit.  I mean damn mizzou fans can be bad but this is just to funny.  You have fun over thinking everything in your life.  

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? I said the exact opposite of that--I couldn't be a fan of both, but I can buy the idea of somebody being a fan of both.

1 hour ago, Slubills23 said:

Well played sir!  Lol.  I truly am not from tigerboard but I am a big tiger fan and I am a SLU fan and I hope both teams get back to being good and in the tourney.  I just do find the absolute hate and crap talking that is going on here especially toward Martin to be funny.  

Sure glad there isn't any crap or hate  on tigerboard or powermizzou. Take your mizzou love fest there. 

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You don't know what I do on tigerboard.

I'm a die hard fan of both. I don't frequent this board because I have a busy life but I follow both Mizzou and SLU just as hard. You gotta know your audience. When people start railing on Mizzou here, it's not my place to defend them here.  I just don't participate. I am more likely to defend SLU while on a Mizzou board though. Not sure why. 

Both have their favourite jabs and both say you can't be fans of both. Doesn't really matter to me. I give money to both programs so I get to cheer for both

3 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

I'm a die hard fan of both. I don't frequent this board because I have a busy life but I follow both Mizzou and SLU just as hard. You gotta know your audience. When people start railing on Mizzou here, it's not my place to defend them here.  I just don't participate. I am more likely to defend SLU while on a Mizzou board though. Not sure why. 

Both have their favourite jabs and both say you can't be fans of both. Doesn't really matter to me. I give money to both programs so I get to cheer for both

I agree.  I'm not defending mizzou here I just think it's funny.  Just like when Mizzou fans bad mouth SLU I find it funny because most of what is said is made up.  Like I said before hope both have good seasons and both make the tourney. 

2 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

It'd be one thing to make an occasional Mizzou-centric post on here. But when a majority of somebody's posts are either about Mizzou, about how one of our commits is going to defect to Mizzou, or how it's possible to be fans of both teams, you can't really get your feelings hurt for being called a Mizzou troll. Take this Slubills23 character here. He's made his first half dozen posts ever on this board defending his love for Mizzou.

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

It'd be one thing to make an occasional Mizzou-centric post on here. But when a majority of somebody's posts are either about Mizzou, about how one of our commits is going to defect to Mizzou, or how it's possible to be fans of both teams, you can't really get your feelings hurt for being called a Mizzou troll. Take this Slubills23 character here. He's made his first half dozen posts ever on this board defending his love for Mizzou.

Please do tell how I have defended my love for mizzou?  

2 minutes ago, Slubills23 said:

Please do tell how I have defended my love for mizzou?  

Have you made a single post that didn't mention being a fan of Mizzou? Do you really expect anyone here to believe your love for SLU and Mizzou is equal when 100% of your posts on a SLU message board mention Mizzou? Do you also join baseball message boards and then immediately start posting non stop about how you also love college basketball equally?

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

Have you made a single post that didn't mention being a fan of Mizzou? Do you really expect anyone here to believe your love for SLU and Mizzou is equal when 100% of your posts on a SLU message board mention Mizzou? Do you also join baseball message boards and then immediately start posting non stop about how you also love college basketball equally?

Well considering I have now mentioned twice that I would like for both teams to make the NCAA tourney I guess that is unacceptable.  I don't give a crap honestly what you believe or think I will continue supporting both no matter what.  You want to be butt hurt I came on here that's fine won't bother me.  Also how is talking two teams playing the same sport the same as two completely different sports?  Good try though.  

4 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

But you're right I should have professed my love for all things billiken before ever saying I like both SLU and Mizzou.  

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It doesn't take a degree from Harris Stowe to figure out you're HScoach on Tigerboard.

Hahah. Awesome.

when the season starts, can we just send every off-season post to the incinerator and start over? 

It feels like this is the worst this board has ever been.  

5 minutes ago, Slubills23 said:

Well considering I have now mentioned twice that I would like for both teams to make the NCAA tourney I guess that is unacceptable.  I don't give a crap honestly what you believe or think I will continue supporting both no matter what.  You want to be butt hurt I came on here that's fine won't bother me.  Also how is talking two teams playing the same sport the same as two completely different sports?  Good try though.  

So have you made a single non-Mizzou post on here, or not? That was the question you're refusing to answer.

Post whatever you want. Just don't get all butthurt about being labeled a Mizzou troll when 100% of your posts are about how much you love Mizzou.

Just now, hsmith19 said:

So have you made a single post that didn't mention your love for Mizzou, or not?

Post whatever you want. Just don't get all butthurt about being labeled a Mizzou troll when 100% of your posts are about how much you love Mizzou.

I'm not butt hurt go ahead call me a Mizzou troll won't bother me one bit.  ??