Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

12 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Of course Martin is recruiting Gordon.  Fair game until signed in Mizzou / Martin land.  Many coaches respect a verbal commitment, some like Martin do not.

Mizzou fans / trolls are just cocky now and love starting $hit.  Don't fall for it.  

SLU 2018 class Gordon, Thatch, Watson.  Will be very sweet on several levels.

Even sweeter if we land Rhoden and  find room for them all

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, V-P said:

Gordon was at Mizzou this weekend.  That I know for sure.  I've heard his camp initiated the renewed interest, and Mizzou is the party to this that is more hesitant.

And we should believe you why exactly? Missouri doesn't strike me as a reluctant recruiter of late.....

14 minutes ago, V-P said:

Gordon was at Mizzou this weekend.  That I know for sure.  I've heard his camp initiated the renewed interest, and Mizzou is the party to this that is more hesitant.

Gordon was at Mizzou this weekend hanging with MPJ. That's definitely true. 

The second party of your statement is the Mizzou M.O., as has been pointed out before. 

18 minutes ago, V-P said:

So Martin went from being quoted to say he will talk to high school coach about kids that have verbal commit to see if it's actually strong or not for talking to the kid to now he is reluctant to talk to a kid that wants to come to Mizzou?  Was he donating all his salary to hospitals and feeding the poor at the time when he said he was hesitant?  

25 minutes ago, V-P said:

I've heard his camp initiated the renewed interest, and Mizzou is the party to this that is more hesitant.

This is probably true.  The the completely opposite way around.

23 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Gordon was at Mizzou this weekend hanging with MPJ. That's definitely true. 

The second party of your statement is the Mizzou M.O., as has been pointed out before. 

The information that I have is that it isn't Gordon himself, but rather certain people around him.

Let's not get all riled up and keep the faith in Travis and Tate when it comes to Gordon. I don't doubt there are Mizzery supporters out there telling this kid he's screwing up by not de committing to SLU, and I'm sure Martin sees him as fair game since he's still just a verbal. Still, Gordon, and he is only 17, sounded pretty committed to more than just SLU but to the city as well.

1 hour ago, Macallan 18 said:

Of course Martin is recruiting Gordon.  Fair game until signed in Mizzou / Martin land.  Many coaches respect a verbal commitment, some like Martin do not.

Mizzou fans / trolls are just cocky now and love starting $hit.  Don't fall for it.  

SLU 2018 class Gordon, Thatch, Watson.  Will be very sweet on several levels.

I'm gonna believe a guy who drinks Macallan single malt 18 years old before I'll ever believe an effing Mizzery troll.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:21 AM, Westy03 said:

IMG_0454.JPG

If this is the picture you refer to as proof of Gordon being at Mizzou last weekend, please look at the tab or sticker he has on his shirt. The top line says 2016, then Mizzou  then vs Georgia, and then the date which I cannot read. He may have been at Mizzou for all I know, but the picture above is from last year.

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's elementary, Watson.

Well played sir!  Lol.  I truly am not from tigerboard but I am a big tiger fan and I am a SLU fan and I hope both teams get back to being good and in the tourney.  I just do find the absolute hate and crap talking that is going on here especially toward Martin to be funny.  

1 minute ago, Slubills23 said:

Well played sir!  Lol.  I truly am not from tigerboard but I am a big tiger fan and I am a SLU fan and I hope both teams get back to being good and in the tourney.  I just do find the absolute hate and crap talking that is going on here especially toward Martin to be funny.  

If you're a big tiger fan then you can't be a SLU fan. You just follow SLU. The opposite would be true as well. 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If I asked you where you'd rather the #1 player in the nation commit to if he was choosing between Mizzou and SLU, who would you say?

Well again considering I like both so I would say either.  If you want me to say I prefer one to the other then go ahead.  I guess my dad was terrible for letting me watch both teams and enjoy watching both when they are good.