Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of updates on the 2018 section of the Recruiting Lists thread, including:

-George Conditt just got offers from Maryland and VT, and says he plans to cut his list at the end of August and start taking visits in Setpember.

-Demarius Jacobs was counting on a lot of new attention after decommitting from SIUC, reclassifying to 2018, transferring to Hillcrest (AZ), and playing AAU ball this summer, but even after a nice showing at The 8 tournament, things have been quiet for him.

-Souleymane Koureissi just got a wave of new offers and now has 6 from the A10.

-Tyrese Martin says Rhode Island and Seton Hall are working the hardest, so they're his top 2 at this point. He visited SHU recently and will take his first official visit to Rhode Island next month.

-Isaiah Mucius is taking his first two official visits to Xavier and Wake Forest, and it looks like Rutgers, UConn, and Temple will get the other three; these appear to be a solid (though not official) top 5.

-Joe Reece picked up offers from Murray State and UT-Martin, bringing his total to 8.

-As previously mentioned, Jared Rhoden has SLU as one of 11 finalists and plans to have all in for home visits. 247Sports is calling it for SLU, based on 3/3 predictions. Meanwhile, his national ranking is creeping upward, now 126th according to that site.

-Dallas Watson says he's hearing from SLU, Davidson, St. Joe's, Monmouth, and Binghamton, and may visit SLU soon.

-Jeenathan Williams is transferring to Prolific Prep in Napa, CA, sight unseen. He had also considered two other schools as transfer destinations, both of which were rumored to be his official spot at various points, but backed out for this prep school. He says the level of competition in Rochester is limiting him. His recruiting picture could change considerably, switching coasts for his senior year.

-Vincent Williams will be announcing his top 6 soon.

29 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-As previously mentioned, Jared Rhoden has SLU as one of 11 finalists and plans to have all in for home visits. 247Sports is calling it for SLU, based on 3/3 predictions. Meanwhile, his national ranking is creeping upward, now 126th according to that site.

BOLD prediction, he doesn't visit all of them and commits a few days after a visit.

11 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

BOLD prediction, he doesn't visit all of them and commits a few days after a visit.

He's not visiting all of them- they're home visits. He's making them come to him.

Whether or not all 11 will do so, or what the timing will be, I have no idea.

12 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Gordon dropped to 67 in ESPN....

ESPN Is by far the worst recruiting service. I think they're just understaffed compared to Rivals and Scout/247. It's basically Biancardi and Borzello. As a result I think they way over weight the summer evaluation periods and Gordon didn't play much this summer, hence the drop. He's a top 40 player in the country no doubt about it. It's funny that ESPN had him way too high after sophomore year (he's not a top 10 player). Rankings shouldn't be this volatile unless your evaluations are just not good.

Mickey Pearson has official visits to SLU and Bradley set up, although I don't have dates yet. He's also working on taking officials to George Mason and Stony Brook. He plans to cut his list at the end of the month but doesn't know when he'll be committing. He's up to 16 offers and is getting interest from DePaul, Utah, Belmont, Florida Gulf Coast, and a few others.

17 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If I'm Coach Ford, I slow play my other wing recruits until I get a visit from Jared Rhoden. Unless he decides to slow play us and forces us to move on.

According to this tweet, Rhoden already visited in June. Are you talking about an official visit?

Rhoden has only set up one official visit so far, the Dayton one. Not sure what he has in mind for a mix of unofficials and officials with a list of 11 finalists, but I wouldn't be surprised for a return visit to SLU as an official. I'll keep checking in on his status.