Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

On 10/17/2017 at 8:07 AM, slufanskip said:

You stated the rumors were not unfounded. If he wasn't considering changing or withdrawing his commitment than the rumors were unfounded. There isn't a level between 1 and 10. Either you're thinking about it or you aren't and there is absolutely no evidence that he ever was unless you consider a couple of pics of him in Columbia as evidence he was considering a change. So if it wasn't the pics since you didn't say that ... what was it that made the rumor more than just an unfounded rumor. And don't tell me to calm down you come to troll you get called out

GORDON & THATCH welcomed Pearson to the Billiken family on Twitter last week.  You do not do that if you are decommitting.  GORDON & THATCH have been solid since they committed.  Love this class of three.  November 8......start of early signing period.

CBFan, slufanskip and MattyMo213 like this

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Ayo commuted last night to the Illini.  Some think that will hurt hurt their chances with Talen Horton-Tucker who is visiting the Illini this weekend.

Really? Unless it's an ego thing, I don't see why these two can't coexist. Totally different players, different positions.

Ayo is a huge get for the Illini. Their fans were starting to despair as a lot of their other top choices went elsewhere.

52 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Really? Unless it's an ego thing, I don't see why these two can't coexist. Totally different players, different positions.

Ayo is a huge get for the Illini. Their fans were starting to despair as a lot of their other top choices went elsewhere.

Supposedly Ayo is the reason why Horton-Tucker switched from Mac Fire to Team Rose.  Who knows if it is true and if it was the reason was it personal or just to have a chance to better showcase himself out of Ayo's shadow.  Roy Schmidt has always maintained those stories are BS.  But........ Roy Schmidt had a tweet last night, now deleted, that suggested that it was Ayo's people that don't want Horton-Tucker to play with Ayo.  Then he tweeted this morning in reply to Ayo having already reached out to Tucker since his commitment, "you can book it".  So who knows?

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Supposedly Ayo is the reason why Horton-Tucker switched from Mac Fire to Team Rose.  Who knows if it is true and if it was the reason was it personal or just to have a chance to better showcase himself out of Ayo's shadow.  Roy Schmidt has always maintained those stories are BS.  But........ Roy Schmidt had a tweet last night, now deleted, that suggested that it was Ayo's people that don't want Horton-Tucker to play with Ayo.  Then he tweeted this morning in reply to Ayo having already reached out to Tucker since his commitment, "you can book it".  So who knows?

I hope Tucker goes to Iowa State assuming of course the Bills are out, which seems obvious at this point. For some reason I’ve always liked them. 

I was listening to ESPN St. Louis this today and the guy said that Underwood had landed THT. But I don't see anything confirming this?????

I swear I'm not crazy. It caught my attention because they were talking about Mizzou recruiting, and I was listening to see if they would mention SLU. They skipped right on to Illinois, mentioned that Dosunmu had commited and that Underwood had also landed THT.

7 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I was listening to ESPN St. Louis this today and the guy said that Underwood had landed THT. But I don't see anything confirming this?????

I swear I'm not crazy. It caught my attention because they were talking about Mizzou recruiting, and I was listening to see if they would mention SLU. They skipped right on to Illinois, mentioned that Dosunmu had commited and that Underwood had also landed THT.

THT will be at Illinois this weekend.  They(fans and writers for UI) think he will commit during his visit. Hasnt as of yet though. 

52 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Illinois has a good tactical coach and has pulled in back to back Mr. Basketballs. I'm more concerned about Underwood in the regional recruiting scene than anybody else, in the long term.

This is an interesting perspective. I think Underwood is a top 10 coach and now he's showing his recruiting chops. I think I agree with you?  

9 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This is an interesting perspective. I think Underwood is a top 10 coach and now he's showing his recruiting chops. I think I agree with you?  

I see your point, but it seems like Illinois will always be more concerned with recruiting Chicago than St. Louis.  Even their St. Louis recruiting is probably limited to Metro East players.  Local MO side players who want to "stay home" probably don't view Illinois as "home" and if they staying home isn't a priority then they aren't likely considering SLU anyways. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Illinois has a good tactical coach and has pulled in back to back Mr. Basketballs. I'm more concerned about Underwood in the regional recruiting scene than anybody else, in the long term.

I’ve said this since they hired him. The only way he doesn’t become the top area program is if he gets caught up in the FBI thing. 

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I see your point, but it seems like Illinois will always be more concerned with recruiting Chicago than St. Louis.  Even their St. Louis recruiting is probably limited to Metro East players.  Local MO side players who want to "stay home" probably don't view Illinois as "home" and if they staying home isn't a priority then they aren't likely considering SLU anyways. 

When Illinois is really good,  they get a lot of media exposure in St. Louis.  And they don't have the racial baggage that Boone County does.  The last time Illinois was really good and their coach was a good recruiter, St. Louis high school talent was weak.  Now St. Louis area talent is strong and Chicago area talent over the next few years is weak.  We're in uncharted territory here.  

1 hour ago, 615Billiken said:

I heard that as well..it was Kevin Wheeler who said it.

21 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When Illinois is really good,  they get a lot of media exposure in St. Louis.  And they don't have the racial baggage that Boone County does.  The last time Illinois was really good and their coach was a good recruiter, St. Louis high school talent was weak.  Now St. Louis area talent is strong and Chicago area talent over the next few years is weak.  We're in uncharted territory here.  

It will be interesting to see what kind of media coverage the Illini get if they are good.  There is no local Illini beat writer anymore for the local stations to have as their go to guy to talk about the Illini.  Which ***** about the coverage SLU gets from the Post, but at least we don't have to settle for stories reprinted from the Decatur Herald and wire reports.

15 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Hellems to NC St.  Another Chaminade D1 athlete. 

Looked at Tigerboard to see if they had thoughts on Hellems and looks like they still think they are getting Gordon.  Confuses me to no end, there has been zero evidence he is reconsidering the past few weeks, unless changing profile pic to him in a SLU jersey, liking the new locker rooms tweeted out by SLU and even liking the tweet today about the Bess article are evidence of interest in Mizzou.  

MattyMo213 likes this

9 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I hope Tucker goes to Iowa State assuming of course the Bills are out, which seems obvious at this point. For some reason I’ve always liked them. 

That would be just awful.