Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

1 hour ago, jimbofive said:

Your mom goes to college.

That felt gooooood.

This is not funny. Seriously, I resent your comment about my 87 year old mother. 

The fact that Rhoden, who is visiting Penn State, where his sister goes to school, is somewhat relevant to the topic. You're comment is just obnoxious. 

I'm fairly well informed about the goings on at the AD and occasionally post things, but, like many others, I'm pretty much done. Jack assses, like you, make this such a hard read. Don't give me your crap about this being a public forum. Rude is rude!

Try growing up. Welcome to my ignore list. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

We are not done recruiting for the 2018 class.

Technically that's true, but as far as getting kids in for official visits, that's over until the spring.  Talen Horton-Tucker, for example ,has better offers from schools that still have open scholarships.  He won't be making an official visit here.  If Jared Rhoden was coming, he would have committed already.  Instead he's taking official visits to P5 schools that have recently offered.  

We've never been in a better position to sign a stud transfer in the spring than we are now.  We're going to be one of the top mid-major programs in the country going into next season and we'll have plenty of time to offer to an experienced player once Henriquez, Bess and Foreman graduate.

13 hours ago, WashMoBill said:

I didn't say that either.  There are numbers between 1 and 10.  You don't have to chose one or the other if you like 5 or 6 better.  Calm down

You stated the rumors were not unfounded. If he wasn't considering changing or withdrawing his commitment than the rumors were unfounded. There isn't a level between 1 and 10. Either you're thinking about it or you aren't and there is absolutely no evidence that he ever was unless you consider a couple of pics of him in Columbia as evidence he was considering a change. So if it wasn't the pics since you didn't say that ... what was it that made the rumor more than just an unfounded rumor. And don't tell me to calm down you come to troll you get called out

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

You stated the rumors were not unfounded. If he wasn't considering changing or withdrawing his commitment than the rumors were unfounded. There isn't a level between 1 and 10. Either you're thinking about it or you aren't and there is absolutely no evidence that he ever was unless you consider a couple of pics of him in Columbia as evidence he was considering a change. So if it wasn't the pics since you didn't say that ... what was it that made the rumor more than just an unfounded rumor. And don't tell me to calm down you come to troll you get called out

Those of us who have seen this happen to other programs could clearly see the rumor was unfounded.  Tigerboard diehards trolled us and Mizzou media shills amplified their trolling.  Some of our insecure fans gave this trolling credence.  We have insecure fans for a reason.  We're not used to getting our way.  Next time Mizzou shills troll us our folks will be better equipped to handle it.

39 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Those of us who have seen this happen to other programs could clearly see the rumor was unfounded.  Tigerboard diehards trolled us and Mizzou media shills amplified their trolling.  Some of our insecure fans gave this trolling credence.  We have insecure fans for a reason.  We're not used to getting our way.  Next time Mizzou shills troll us our folks will be better equipped to handle it.

It's never easy being a Bills fan. Insecurity is part of our DNA.

1 hour ago, slu72 fan said:

I'm pretty much done.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

Are you done, or just pretty much done?

I'm pretty sure you're just "pretty much done".  Which means you aren't.

Welcome to my Internet®. Grow some thicker skin.  Seriously.

Sorry I offended you initially.  But as bullying and churlishness goes, this is a 1 out of 10.  It'll be ok.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Technically that's true, but as far as getting kids in for official visits, that's over until the spring.  Talen Horton-Tucker, for example ,has better offers from schools that still have open scholarships.  He won't be making an official visit here.  If Jared Rhoden was coming, he would have committed already.  Instead he's taking official visits to P5 schools that have recently offered.  

We've never been in a better position to sign a stud transfer in the spring than we are now.  We're going to be one of the top mid-major programs in the country going into next season and we'll have plenty of time to offer to an experienced player once Henriquez, Bess and Foreman graduate.

I was always under the impression that Rhoden would take all five visits and then make up his mind. Penn State was one of his five finalists; he just needs to head to Santa Clara and he's done. He's been very deliberate with the process.

13 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Should we temporarily close this thread until it becomes apparent that there's any imminent recruiting activity regarding the class of 2018?  We could reopen it a day or two before signing day and then close it back down after the early signing period is done until the season is over?  Otherwise it seems to be a sandlot.  The only posts that should be in this thread should be updates by Pistol on where former SLU targets commit to.

Opinions on this?

As annoying as some of the asides have been, I don't think it's necessary. There's still plenty of news to come through here - where other offers end up, where other local players go, what happens in the spring, etc.

This is where I reiterate that the ignore function works really well.

It would be nice for a single page of any thread to go by without the Mizzou Little Brother syndrome nonsense coming up. Their fans start rumors, the P-D writers are Mizzou grads - we get it. Let's move on.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Yeah, my 21 posts in almost 5 years screams of being a troll. 

It might be hard for you to believe but he could have thought about it and decided to stay with SLU. 

There was plenty of smoke coming from many directions that make these rumors not unfounded. I don't care if your so insecure about it you have to get mad at me.  

7 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

It might be hard for you to believe but he could have thought about it and decided to stay with SLU. 

There was plenty of smoke coming from many directions that make these rumors not unfounded. I don't care if your so insecure about it you have to get mad at me.  

You have no chill

29 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

People still haven't given up on Gordon to Mizzou have they?

It seems to have died down quite a bit.  As far as I can tell the last time some Mizzou fanboy on twitter mentioned Gordon going to Mizzou was 10/5 and the last time they replied directly to one of his tweets with something stupid like "MIZ" or "Mizzou is better than SLU" was 9/24.  Hopefully we're close to being done with that sh*t.  However, I'm guessing we'll have to put up with it until signing day and perhaps even after as well (I mean recruits being signed hasn't stopped Martin in the past).

3 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

This is not funny. Seriously, I resent your comment about my 87 year old mother. 

The fact that Rhoden, who is visiting Penn State, where his sister goes to school, is somewhat relevant to the topic. You're comment is just obnoxious. 

I'm fairly well informed about the goings on at the AD and occasionally post things, but, like many others, I'm pretty much done. Jack assses, like you, make this such a hard read. Don't give me your crap about this being a public forum. Rude is rude!

Try growing up. Welcome to my ignore list. 

My brain will not allow me to process this as anything but satire, v well done I might add 

6 hours ago, WashMoBill said:

Can you give specifics that make you think he was considering it?