Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If Gordon or Thatch or any recruit flips because of Stu’s tweet, they weren’t solid in the first place. 

Nobody thinks that Stu's tweet would cause any player to switch - it is the appearance that he feeding the rumors - our beat writer needs to be more on top of things then just what he reads on this board or heard from somebody else.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Nobody thinks that Stu's tweet would cause any player to switch - it is the appearance that he feeding the rumors - our beat writer needs to be more on top of things then just what he reads on this board or heard from somebody else.

I apologize on Stu's behalf for making you feel that way.   

5 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Since you brought up Missouri, now that they are playing Kansas again (something widely thought to be impossible), renewed hope for SLU/Mizzou series?

I think it's time to start a home-and-home SLU vs. KU.

Billiken Rich likes this

6 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Since you brought up Missouri, now that they are playing Kansas again (something widely thought to be impossible), renewed hope for SLU/Mizzou series?

You mean the exhibition game?

6 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

How many troll points would it take for vtime to go away for a while? Just curious. He was heading over 50 troll points under the old scoring system. This latest post, racked up a bunch points.

And how do you know he was in Columbia, because of the picture at the football game?

1 hour ago, WashMoBill said:

I'm not sure how anything you just said has anything to do with what I said outside of pulling out one word.  He was in Columbia when those rumors started so they weren't completely unfounded.  

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

And how do you know he was in Columbia, because of the picture at the football game?

Apparently Carte'Are posted photos on Snapchat of him with Michael Porter Jr. in Columbia. I think there was more to the thought that he might not be completely firm on his commitment back then, but at this point I think that has blown over! As a joke a local media type tweeted an old photo of him at a football game from last year, so that was fake news (never intended to be news though, but it was taken the wrong way by fans).

Should we temporarily close this thread until it becomes apparent that there's any imminent recruiting activity regarding the class of 2018?  We could reopen it a day or two before signing day and then close it back down after the early signing period is done until the season is over?  Otherwise it seems to be a sandlot.  The only posts that should be in this thread should be updates by Pistol on where former SLU targets commit to.

Opinions on this?

5 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Should we temporarily close this thread until it becomes apparent that there's any imminent recruiting activity regarding the class of 2018?  We could reopen it a day or two before signing day and then close it back down after the early signing period is done until the season is over? 

Sounds like a plan.  I have one suggestion.  Close this thread until signing day but keep it open through the high school season.  We need a place to post game accounts of our recruits.

28 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Should we temporarily close this thread until it becomes apparent that there's any imminent recruiting activity regarding the class of 2018?  We could reopen it a day or two before signing day and then close it back down after the early signing period is done until the season is over?  Otherwise it seems to be a sandlot.  The only posts that should be in this thread should be updates by Pistol on where former SLU targets commit to.

Opinions on this?

We are not done recruiting for the 2018 class.

Spoon-Balls and JMM28 like this

39 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

KU put on the tickets in bold that this is a one time deal only.  KU will not play the slavers until 2025.

Though, KU should be playing SLU every year just to piss Mizzou off.

Wonder why they are really pushing to play KU this year? Even UMC's best team in a long time, still doesn't measure up to KU every year. 

Thumbs up to playing KU every year!!!