Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Can someone explain to me why Stu tweeted - "if all sign" SLU 2018 class is full.  What is up with that?  Is our beat writer just trolling? 

I think it is just a qualification that commitments are not yet binding. I wouldn't read anything else into it. 

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Can someone explain to me why Stu tweeted - "if all sign" SLU 2018 class is full.  What is up with that?  Is our beat writer just trolling? 

I wouldn't read too much into that. I think that is a fair disclaimer for any signing class.

FWIW, Thatch tweeted to Pearson, "Welcome to the family" and Gordon retweeted that.

-I also saw that and wondered about his context but settled on nothing is done until it is done, I hope that's all it is

I get what you all are saying but he did not need to qualify the tweet.  All he had to say is Pearson is the final verbal for SLU for this year.  NOI is (whatever the date is).  I agree that he probably did not mean anything by it but to me this is another example of our supposed guy covering us seems to make sure that nothing is ever upbeat without qualifying it - words do matter.  I guess it is just me but I get tired of reading Dave Matter's honking for Missouri and all we get is a comment that has to be qualified.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get what you all are saying but he did not need to qualify the tweet.  All he had to say is Pearson is the final verbal for SLU for this year.  NOI is (whatever the date is).  I agree that he probably did not mean anything by it but to me this is another example of our supposed guy covering us seems to make sure that nothing is ever upbeat without qualifying it - words do matter.  I guess it is just me but I get tired of reading Dave Matter's honking for Missouri and all we get is a comment that has to be qualified.

Since you brought up Missouri, now that they are playing Kansas again (something widely thought to be impossible), renewed hope for SLU/Mizzou series?

14 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Since you brought up Missouri, now that they are playing Kansas again (something widely thought to be impossible), renewed hope for SLU/Mizzou series?

NO I did not bring up Missouri - I used their beat writer as an example.  Never did I open a discussion about that school/team.  Good grief!

15 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Hasn't this topic been exhausted?  I don't care if we do or don't. 

33 minutes ago, almaman said:

Stu's saying exactly what it is imo. Not till they all actually can legally sign is it over but right now all seats are taken unless one thru four of them don't commit.

You are right - if the sun comes up tomorrow then there will be daylight.  Sorry, I just think he did not have to qualify it as he did.  Technically he is right but so was by stupid statement.

37 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Hasn't this topic been exhausted?  I don't care if we do or don't. 

totally agree.  let's play a good program.   mi$$ouri sucks.   and if not for buying Porter jr with Dad's totally overpaid salary they would not be competitive again this year.   one year fluke.  

Stu said that because coach Martin will be calling all 3 coaches to see how strong their commitments are.

Try not to overreact VTime, its in blue font.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Jesus, talk about reading too much into things. Decommitments happen to every school.  Rumors were out there that Gordon wasn't 100%.  Nothing wrong with what he said.  Hopefully, all sign on November 8th and we can start the season not worrying about it

18 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

Jesus, talk about reading too much into things. Decommitments happen to every school.  Rumors were out there that Gordon wasn't 100%.  Nothing wrong with what he said.  Hopefully, all sign on November 8th and we can start the season not worrying about it

That was exactly by point - he knew about the rumors and Gordon - why keep fanning flames.  You can think what you want but I watch what people do and he does next nothing for us and I am tired of hearing that he has too much to do.  Everybody has too much to do on their job but that doesn't excuse them from doing a creditable job.

That was exactly by point - he knew about the rumors and Gordon - why keep fanning flames.  You can think what you want but I watch what people do and he does next nothing for us and I am tired of hearing that he has too much to do.  Everybody has too much to do on their job but that doesn't excuse them from doing a creditable job.

ive got too much to do, but can still post about billiken basketball on this message board.... same thing... and i don't get paid to post here 

1 hour ago, WashMoBill said:

-it is my understanding that the "rumors" were crap started by the CoMo bunch that got some big time reactions on this board by folks thinking the sky had fallen while those that started the "rumors" were probably laughing their butts off at what they created and  that nothing ever was said/done/implied/tweeted/otherwise by Gordon to merit the starting of such "rumors", if I am wrong, lmk

It's in Billiken fans' DNA to always expect the worst, while we pray to Buddhist Billie for the best. That's why every word uttered or tweeted by the media is analyzed to the nth degree. The word "if" is especially upsetting to us true Billiken fans.

34 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-it is my understanding that the "rumors" were crap started by the CoMo bunch that got some big time reactions on this board by folks thinking the sky had fallen while those that started the "rumors" were probably laughing their butts off at what they created and  that nothing ever was said/done/implied/tweeted/otherwise by Gordon to merit the starting of such "rumors", if I am wrong, lmk

I'm not sure how anything you just said has anything to do with what I said outside of pulling out one word.  He was in Columbia when those rumors started so they weren't completely unfounded.  

10 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

I'm not sure how anything you just said has anything to do with what I said outside of pulling out one word.  He was in Columbia when those rumors started so they weren't completely unfounded.  

Seriously being in Columbia means he's considering backing out of his commitment? 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Calm down.  Take a deep breath.  Everything will be ok